PDA

View Full Version : Front doors creaking

Nobody
03-26-2004, 02:56 AM
Hiya,
I recall my small problem with front doors. They creaks! I tried almost everything but nothing helped. Hinges are ok, the sound goes from thing I call door stabilizator (it is piece of metal in the center of door between upper and lover hinge and is responsible to keep open door in different positions). Hope I decribed it well. Definitely this problem I had with all old cars I ever had. The most drastic solution is put it away but than doors do not stay in any position when opened.
Any advice?
Peter

michael
03-26-2004, 06:15 AM
If its all rusty and goey from grease etc. clean it off really good and spray it with some white lithium grease it's waterproof it gets into the door where other grease can't reach and it doesn't drip black crap onto your paint! You can find it at most auto parts stores.

svxistentialist
03-27-2004, 05:21 AM
Thanks Michael.

Spot on advice. I did exactly that job last weekend, except I used black graphite grease instead of lithium.

Motorcycle chain spray grease is good too, it clings well because it has "anti-fling" properties to allow it stay on a high speed chain. Just be careful where you spray it, it's hard to get off.

Joe:)

Nobody
03-28-2004, 01:49 AM
Thanx, Michael, Joe,
the rust is definitely somewhere inside door, I will try to find some good grease or use moto chain spray. I will let you know if I succeed.
Peter

Green1995SVX
03-28-2004, 01:51 AM
I had this problem. I took the car to the Subaru Dealer last week and they solved it for me and there was no charge. I will inquire as to what they did to fix it.

Mike :)

Nobody
03-28-2004, 01:53 AM
OK thanx a lot, Mike.
Peter