PDA

View Full Version : E-Cast

Bobb
03-25-2004, 08:08 PM
Hi Everyone, Would it be possible to show the various activties at Reading with an internet broadcast. I'm not to geekie but the Holiday Inn has broadband, so a camcorder, or webcam, and maybe a higher end laptop. We would also need someone wih some expertise in computers and the world would see our SVX meet in realtime. Maybe for the first time we could just do maybe an hour each day. Take care, BOBB

NomadTW
03-26-2004, 02:29 AM
if i could come up w/ 200 bux w/in a week i could set it up
unfortunately i don't have 200 bux so my comptuer is unoperational and not portable to reading

but i'm sure someone has something it's not a bad idea

altho i don't really know what would be good to see there
it's boring unless your there
how exciting is watching a bunch of ppl BS and not be able to do it yourself

know the easier way to see what goes on at reading?

COME!! hahahhaah

immortal_suby
03-26-2004, 08:08 PM
I am bringing a 1.8ghz laptop w/ ethernet and modem. I also have a video camera with firewire capability. Unfortunately, my PC has the firewire card and I dont have one for the laptop so I am SOL.

I can upload pics from the video camera or a digicam to the laptop but no video.

NomadTW
03-27-2004, 12:30 AM
if i had my comp working i could use it for live streaming
i have a TV tuner and i can go from the cam straight over the internet

but my comp is broken

Earthworm
03-27-2004, 03:31 PM
I wasn't going to mention it until later but I am bringing my webcam and will have it permanently set up taking snapshots of the parking lot at set intervals.

As for broadcasting I doubt the network at the hotel would be set up to allow that.

NomadTW
03-28-2004, 10:32 PM
www.webcamnow.com we could put it up in the area that's not the 'unmonitored' section on there
it's free, and the refresh is automatically 10 sec, if you don't pay
and you wouldn't need any software or anything

GreenMarine
03-29-2004, 06:59 AM
I'll have my Laptop and Photo Card reader with me... I'm running Windows 2000 professional... Dude, it's a DELL!! with one of those Pentium M prosessors... Well wither way I'll bring what I have and we'll see if I can help with stuff...

LarryIII
03-29-2004, 10:15 AM
I just figured out that you people are talking about some kind of computer stuff.

GreenMarine
03-29-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by LarryIII
I just figured out that you people are talking about some kind of computer stuff.

:p:p:p Heheheh That was funny :D:D:D:cool:

Earthworm
04-01-2004, 03:34 PM
My webcam setup is all ready to go. I'm currently using a 15 second refresh but I can change that to whatever I want.

I will post a link to the webcam website sometime this week. The site is up and running right now but it's currently showing the inside of my apartment.

The site will be a direct link off of http://svx-iw.com/

Bobb
04-01-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Earthworm
My webcam setup is all ready to go. I'm currently using a 15 second refresh but I can change that to whatever I want.

I will post a link to the webcam website sometime this week. The site is up and running right now but it's currently showing the inside of my apartment.

The site will be a direct link off of http://svx-iw.com/

Hi David, I am only seeing" the unofficial SVX website", not your apartment. Thanks for doing this, its going to be great. Take care, BOBB

Earthworm
04-02-2004, 02:58 PM
The page is set up but not posted anywhere yet. I will publish the exact link to the page next week.

I've got a better webcam now so you will actually be able to see stuff now.

Earthworm
04-15-2004, 08:24 AM
The "Reading V" Webcam(s) will be hosted on http://svx-iw.com/

For all those who can't attend or had to drop out you can still be a part of the meet.

(It's the webcam link on the main page)

ensteele
04-15-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by LarryIII

Larry - are you bringing your slide rule? :rolleyes: ;)

GreenMarine
04-15-2004, 10:36 AM
Just posted this link on NASIOC :D:D:D:D Hopefully we'll have some viewers from that Forum too :D:cool:

Earthworm
04-16-2004, 09:54 AM
Camera 1 should now be online!!

Check it out at http://svx-iw.com

p.s. it's still early so not many cars have shown up yet

immortal_suby
04-16-2004, 10:01 AM
sweet. are you going to have a view of the other side once everyone shows up - towards the gravel lot?

immortal_suby
04-16-2004, 11:36 AM
This rules! Its like Im home sick and yet Im in on the reading action!

I hope the lighting is good for tonights parking lot drunkfest.

upnygimp
04-16-2004, 01:11 PM
I'm watching you.... :eek:

Earthworm
04-16-2004, 02:40 PM
Just in case anyone doesn't already know...BOTH cameras are now operational.

Hoods & trunks are open everywhere!

http://svx-iw.com/ and click the webcam link

SVXer95
04-16-2004, 02:49 PM
It says "OFFLINE" when I try to view. And camera 2 is a still image that says 4/13 at the bottom.

Never mind it works now (after I posted, doh!)

mbtoloczko
04-16-2004, 02:52 PM
Nice!