PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Meet

moshols vx
03-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Sunday Plan- 21/3/04

Weather permitting- hopefully it will be similar to today.

Meet at Mobil Lindfield 2pm, BYO plastic fold up chair (for watching other cars) and bbq food (or we can get oportos). Arrive Newcastle at about 4 & hang out for a few hours & head back. So far i believe its Jason, Arthur, Paulie meeting us up there & myself. I will try to contact Blake again. & Kiernan? ( i think i have spelt your name incorrectly again) James are you keen?i think u have a few people willing to share their passenger seat with u :)

Moshol

Jamsvx
03-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Hi All

Just spent 3 days commutting to Newcastle for work....up at 5am, 3 hours each way on train....I am stuffed!!

So will have to give the run a miss - sorry

:(

moshols vx
03-18-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Jamsvx
Hi All

Just spent 3 days commutting to Newcastle for work.... train....

James- there is a MAJOR difference between commuting to Newcastle on a TRAIN for work and going on an Afternoon Pleasure Drive!

JDW-SVX
03-18-2004, 05:02 PM

:confused: :confused: :confused:
:mad: :mad: :mad:

<hoping that James will change his mind>:D

Jason.

KennEls
03-19-2004, 01:30 AM
Hi All

Just spent 3 days commutting to Newcastle for work....up at 5am, 3 hours each way on train....I am stuffed!!

Is he starting to forget "The Joy of SVX" :o :o

Kenn :D :D

Kienan
03-19-2004, 01:45 AM
Yea i think i will be there. I will be riding the motorbike tho :-)
so much more fun. Is it alright if a few mates come along? a couple on motorbikes and a couple in cars.

Kienan

MisanthropyV
03-19-2004, 03:01 AM
Righto fellas, I'm gonna be there for sure.

Do you think 4pm is a bit late to be arriving at the beach? Try to get there earlier if you can...And are we bringing swimmers?

Pffffttt Kienan! More fun?! You've got to be JOKING!!!

See everyone there.

P.S. Can someone give me a call when the cavalry is getting close to Newcastle?

Paul.

JDW-SVX
03-19-2004, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by moshols vx
Meet at Mobil Lindfield

There are actually two Mobil service stations on the Highway at or near Lindfield - and both are on the left hand side if you are heading north. One is just before Lindfield station, and the other is next door to the BP, just before you enter Killara.

Which one?:confused:

Jason.

Jamsvx
03-19-2004, 05:27 AM
Forget the 'Joy of SVX'....me???

Never!!

:D

moshols vx
03-20-2004, 12:49 AM
Changed meeting time!

It's Mobil Lindfield next to BP, 1pm.

Does any1 have a spare cb radio? If not i will try to get one on the way. Kienan are you meeting us at Lindfield or Newcastle? Arthur r u still on?
Hope the changed time is ok for all :)

Can't wait, car is sparkling

Moshol

Kienan
03-20-2004, 01:39 AM
I will meet yous in newcastle. Just give us a SMS when you arrive in newe, and i will meet you all at the foreshore or nobby's.

pylon500
03-20-2004, 01:51 AM
G'Day All,
Yep, I'm still planning to come along, 1:00pm sounds even better, that way I can look to see if it wants to rain or not before cleaning the SVX and racing up there before it starts! (it always rains after you wash the car, especially if you wash it the night before) :p
I have a couple of old CB radios from my Hang-Gliding days, have made adapters to fit cigarette lighter sockets, I hope they work?
I figure your plan is not to get home till late in the evening? So be it! :D
See you all at Linfield. :cool:
Arthur.

MisanthropyV
03-20-2004, 04:52 PM
a chamois may be one of the essentials to bring today if people are keen to still come up. The forecast is scattered showers on the east coast with S/E winds.

Anyone still keen to come up.

I'm going to take a drive to where the meet will occur and take a look to see whether other cars are parading. I don't think I'll know whether other cars are going to turn up until the early arvo though.

Hope to see you all soon...:(

moshols vx
03-20-2004, 05:36 PM
I have a small issue called 'i can't find my keys'....

I misplaced them last night and have been looking for the last 1/2 hour. The weather isn't THAT bad so i'm still keen but i need to get back to key hunting....

Moshol

moshols vx
03-20-2004, 06:11 PM
I am going insane argh

Can't find keys anywhere and have a terrible feeling they are at chris' house from when i picked him up in the van yesterday - they were on a seperate keyring.

oh dear oh dear

will be in touch, have to drive over (to castle hill 45 mins away....)

Moshol

moshols vx
03-21-2004, 03:22 AM
Well after a rather shaky start the day turned out tops. I found my keys in a cupboard where they are not usually kept.

I had a very embarassing moment when Paulie got me to drive his car (which sounded awesome) and i did not really want to 'rip it up' as it wasn't mine and there were cops everywhere. I pulled over on the main drag to swap cars & handed Paul his keys. Then i jumped into mine (keys still in ignition) and turned them to hear a very loud scraping sound. I did this twice more and Kienen removed his helmut & yelled "your cars already on"! whoops. errr there were numerous other people around and i had to laugh & look other way each time i drove past.

Might move up to newie someday :)

MOshol

Am going to try and load pics smaller than last time.

JDW-SVX
03-21-2004, 03:34 AM
Photos will be posted shortly in my personal locker......

.....watch this space.....!

:D

Jason.

JDW-SVX
03-21-2004, 05:29 PM
The photos that I took on Sunday have been uploaded into my Personal Locker, in the "Sunday 21/3/04" folder.

Also, look at the "Look at this!" folder, to see what I found a few weeks ago, while driving around Lane Cove (..how could somebody do this to a Subaru!!)

Jason.