PDA

View Full Version : Ooo Yeah!!

MisanthropyV
03-10-2004, 01:42 AM
Holy S**t!!!

I just bought a redline Ram Pod air filter and installed it. I had to make a manifold to bolt onto the existing hose connector out of stainless steel. It took some welding and some cutting, but in time it came out really nice. The Pod fits perfectly in the space where the filter box used to be, and I have I guess about 8 kw more power at the fly. The beast now sounds like a Ferrari!!! SOOO damn loud!

I'll have to post some pics soon.

Next step is a duel exhaust system!!

Sorry if this thread is of no interest to you, but I'm really proud of myself.

Paulie.

P.S. I'm back to my aftermarket wheels and the lady is polished and shines more than ever.:D

OZ_SVX96
03-10-2004, 03:53 AM
Why would you think that this would not interest anyone? Stick a picture in your locker for all to see!. Cheers, Mark.:)

pylon500
03-10-2004, 06:20 AM
Next step is a duel exhaust system!!

Hey, no fare!, I wanted to be the first with a duel system! :cool:
I've actually got a Midas Muffler Center in my back yard! :eek:
They've been pretty good to me with my 4x4 'L' wagon and custom exhaust bits for my ultralight. :)
Still got a few things to do first, but then...:D
Arthur.

moshols vx
03-10-2004, 02:39 PM
Thats awesome Paulie

lets attempt another Newcastle drive so u can provide a demonstration. I'm free next Sunday 21st March. Looking forward to hearing it! What are your usual Sunday work hours? Do u usually have a few hours off in the arvo? Anyone else keen to give it another shot......

Moshol

Sonar
03-10-2004, 03:13 PM
Hey Pylon500, that looks like a 2-stroke rotary-valve Rotax with EGT , or something like it ... but....eeh....upsidedown...sort'of .... :)

/Sonny :cool:

oab_au
03-10-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Sonar
Hey Pylon500, that looks like a 2-stroke rotary-valve Rotax with EGT , or something like it ... but....eeh....upsidedown...sort'of .... :)

/Sonny :cool:

Looks like it is all held together with hose clamps, Do you realy fly in that Arthur, I mean off the ground.:D

Harvey.;)

MisanthropyV
03-11-2004, 01:43 AM
I could take a crappy 640X480 pic of it, but that's all that I could do for the moment, as I don't have a good camera. I'll do that when I get back to Newcastle on Saturday.

I'll have to find out wheather I'm free on that day. I get my roster tomorrow.

Anyways, I'm on a really slow pc so I'll logon when I get back.

pylon500
03-12-2004, 12:19 AM
Do you realy fly in that Arthur?
Hey Sonar, Yep, it's a Rotax 582 DCDI mounted inverted in my Stollite ultralight.
3:1 gear box with an Aplast prop, will cruise at 80kts
Check my locker for photos' :D
Or; http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/pylon500/15803.jpg
Arthur.

MisanthropyV
03-14-2004, 04:13 PM
OK people, the pics are finally taken of the Ram Pod and the adapter I made.

Look in my locker if you are interested.

P.S. It's worth doing!!

P.P.S. Michelle, I'm available after 11am on Sunday 21st. I'm keen!!