PDA

View Full Version : Morris County Meet

svx_commuter
10-11-2001, 06:56 PM
Any one interested? I was thinking it would be great to meet. What do you think?

LarryIII
10-12-2001, 05:14 AM
SVX -Commuter,

We are coming up to "Da City" for the Thanksgiving weekend.
Maybe you would like to put something together then. Or we could do Liberty State Park again.
Let me know exactly where & when.

Thanks.

Larry III

svx_commuter
10-12-2001, 11:29 AM
Actually I was thinking about the weekend of the Snowshoe meet! After those guys get back and talk about the great time they had I am going to really be angry at myself:mad: So this is because that is so far away. I was hoping that with all the SVX's in the metro NY area, this would catch on but no one has time to read the board:eek: Personally LSP is not a place to go right now.

Aredubjay
10-12-2001, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by svx_commuter
Actually I was thinking about the weekend of the Snowshoe meet! After those guys get back and talk about the great time they had I am going to really be angry at myself:mad: So this is because that is so far away. I was hoping that with all the SVX's in the metro NY area, this would catch on but no one has time to read the board:eek: Personally LSP is not a place to go right now.

You're going to be really angry at yourself anyway, so, why not join us. :D

svx_commuter
10-12-2001, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Aredubjay

You're going to be really angry at yourself anyway, so, why not join us. :D

Well i may HAVE to do that if I don't get any interest here:p

LarryIII
10-12-2001, 04:17 PM
SVX Commuter.

You are approx. 2 hours north of my house. from my house to the New Caanan Resort is 4.5-5 hours. that's a 6.5-7 hour drive for you. I'm leaving on Fri. 10/19/01. Do you want to join us?

Larry III

svx_commuter
10-12-2001, 04:36 PM
Larry,

That is very nice of you!
Of course I want to join you!
Do you think you could tow my car home if it breaks?
Actually when I checked, it was 450 miles to the place from my home.

MoreIBNR
10-13-2001, 09:19 AM
Since I anm also in Morris County, I would be up for it.

svx_commuter
10-13-2001, 01:58 PM
Great:D How doe sthe rockaway mall parking lot sound?

MoreIBNR
10-13-2001, 03:27 PM
Sounds great - about 15-20 minutes from me. I hope to get a new ball joint and my struts done before, but that close, no matter.

svx_commuter
10-13-2001, 05:28 PM
Hay! I'll bring my tools and we can them in the parking lot!
I have replaced, tie rods, ball joints, fornt axles and struts on my car. The struts more than once! I am getting good at it now.
1-1/2 hours per strut.
Did you buy parts? Were you going to pay someone to do the work?

MoreIBNR
10-13-2001, 08:03 PM
I have the Konis, but was toying with the idea of selling them and buying stock since they are so much cheaper.

I ordered the ball joint, new strut mounts (all 4), new "rubbers" (the ones the springs sit in) and new helper guides for the rear from Coeur D'Alene Subaru. They sell cost plus 10% which becomes 34% off list. I hope to have them all by next week.

I was planning to do it myself, so if you would like to help out, I would appreciate it.

svx_commuter
10-14-2001, 06:22 PM
34% off list is better than 25% I get at Liberty Subaru!
Well I would like to help you with the struts but not in the parking lot.
Lets see if anyone else wants to come before we cancell.
john