PDA

View Full Version : Mica Red SVX at Milsons Point station

Jamsvx
03-02-2004, 02:43 PM
I have seen this before from the train but this morning was able to get a partial plate:

AET-90M

It definitely began with an A and was black on white NSW plates...looked to be in good condition for all of the 3 seconds that I saw it from the train!!!

:D

JDW-SVX
03-02-2004, 06:22 PM
Hmmm - haven't seen that one before.......!:confused:

Where exactly was it? Was it parked at the station, or on the move? (I know Milsons Point station quite well!)

Jason.

svxistentialist
03-02-2004, 06:34 PM
What colour is Mica Red?

Never heard of it here.

Joe

Jamsvx
03-02-2004, 10:56 PM
I call it burgandy but Blake told me off on the weekend since his is that colour and he said that it is called Mica Ruby

:rolleyes:

;)

Jason, it was parked in the carpark on the left hand side as you pull into Milson Point station heading towards the city - have seen it there before but first time I was able to get a partial rego

James

JDW-SVX
03-03-2004, 12:30 AM
Yes - I know that car park!

It is on the same level as the railway line, and directly next to it, isn't it?

I remember looking at that car park while heading into the city on the train each morning..........but I haven't seen it lately - because I have now been driving to work each morning!

:D :D

Jason.

svxistentialist
03-03-2004, 01:46 AM
Mica Ruby huh?

Is this the colour you mean?

Joe

{Really nice colour, if so}

Jamsvx
03-03-2004, 03:39 AM
/pirate voice on

Arr...that be the beast!!

pylon500
03-03-2004, 06:14 AM
G'Day All,
"Ruby Mica, Burgandy", I've seen so many SVX's in this colour I was beginning to think it was a Stock colour unless ordered otherwise :rolleyes:
I am also beginning to notice White is popular, but you just don't see enough YELLOW ones! :D
Arthur.

svxistentialist
03-03-2004, 06:32 AM
I am not normally fond of white, dirties too easily, looks shabby if any rust or damage is showing, but I do like the Pearl White SVX.

The paint is opulent, and suits the car. Renault also had an expensive white pearl on their early R5 GT turbo models. Again, it was lustrous and deep, pearlescent as opposed to metallic finish. Indeed, it would not be off beam to think of it as cream coloured, rather than white, a nice warm colour.

Have only seen a few pics of this Ruby Mica colour. Really suits the red and black scheme, and I am envious.:p :p

My own black over claret is a lovely colour set, but I have seen it described in many ways, possibly the worst being metallic aubergine.

Joe:D :eek:

Green1995SVX
03-03-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Jamsvx
all of the 3 seconds that I saw it from the train!!!

I'm sorry, James. :(

newportclaret
01-29-2005, 06:50 PM
You SVX spies are too good. Persist long enough and targets eventually join the forum.

I dont park my claret red ochre much in that car park any more since price went up to $20. Underneath the car park is a little lane that tunnels under the railway line where I can park (4 hr zone). Have only been booked twice in last several months so I have paid $140 which is equivalent of 7 days parking above.

good to know my car is now safely hidden from prying SVXspies on trains

JDW-SVX
01-29-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by newportclaret
Underneath the car park is a little lane that tunnels under the railway line

I know exactly where that lane is!!!

I shall be checking for SVXs in that area!!

Jason.

Jamsvx
01-30-2005, 07:44 AM

Now that is a blast from the past!!

Nice to see that some of the mysteries are being solved

James

newportclaret
03-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Hi SVXers
We bow are heads in shame and place Newportclaret on the market. Does anyone on this website want to look after her in the next stage of her journey???
Cheers
Karin :o

-JJ-
03-19-2006, 04:42 AM
Karin

I want to get my dad into one, he is in the market for a new car, can you give me the specs on it, and any photos:p , and a price

Cheers,
Jake

newportclaret
03-20-2006, 01:34 AM
Jake and others

1996 SVX has done about 145,000k. One owner (me) driving from Newport to Milsons Point every day for 9 years. Search hard enough in the forum, you wll find that according to Karin I have been an inept owner who travels with chocolate wrappers and various drippings from toddler passengers.:cool:

There is the perennial floppy passenger sun visor, a bit of wear and tear and I had a special moment in 2003 with a concrete chicane which led to a new axel but otherwise "the locky car" (as my kids call her*) has been well loved and cared for.:rolleyes:

If we can work out the technology we will post pictures in next few days. The car was photographed on the Sunday drive on Mona Vale rd to St Ives Pizza last year.

We will put her on the open market in April and we are in no hurry to sell.

* we always called it the rocket, but when our oldest was born six years ago, she could not say rocket, so it is "the locky car." Our Volvo s/wagon is "the Bobo car" and they have already called my new car the "doof doof car". Michela (aged 4) will be very sad when I sell the locky car and she hopes it will go to a good home!

Tony

berger
03-20-2006, 01:44 PM
i'll be interested in another SVX, trying to convert my GF

-JJ-
03-21-2006, 03:54 PM
pics pics pics:D

svxistentialist
03-22-2006, 05:05 PM
Jake and others

1996 SVX has done about 145,000k. One owner (me) driving from Newport to Milsons Point every day for 9 years. Search hard enough in the forum, you wll find that according to Karin I have been an inept owner who travels with chocolate wrappers and various drippings from toddler passengers.:cool:

There is the perennial floppy passenger sun visor, a bit of wear and tear and I had a special moment in 2003 with a concrete chicane which led to a new axel but otherwise "the locky car" (as my kids call her*) has been well loved and cared for.:rolleyes:

If we can work out the technology we will post pictures in next few days. The car was photographed on the Sunday drive on Mona Vale rd to St Ives Pizza last year.

We will put her on the open market in April and we are in no hurry to sell.

* we always called it the rocket, but when our oldest was born six years ago, she could not say rocket, so it is "the locky car." Our Volvo s/wagon is "the Bobo car" and they have already called my new car the "doof doof car". Michela (aged 4) will be very sad when I sell the locky car and she hopes it will go to a good home!

Tony

Karin & Tony

Sorry to see you part with the Locky Rocket. Your posts have always been good humoured over the years.

Keep well, and drop in from time to time, SVX or not.

Joe:)

newportclaret
04-01-2006, 03:34 AM
:( Dear Jake, Joe, Berger and any others who may have been interested,
Since our last post on this website we struggled with technology to get pics up of the girl and during our struggle, Tony's sister registered her closet passion for Newportclaret. 1,000 apologies if inconvenience caused to SVX people. She has gone to a loving family who are blissfully unaware of the implications of SVXownership. Best to let them find out for themselves. Is it true that Moshols is no longer an SVXette. What can we spot her in now? Is she still in Mona Vale? Is she OK - have we missed something?
Love to all SVXettes & ites.
Vale Newportclaret
we shall miss her
K

svxistentialist
04-01-2006, 04:53 AM
:( Dear Jake, Joe, Berger and any others who may have been interested,
Since our last post on this website we struggled with technology to get pics up of the girl and during our struggle, Tony's sister registered her closet passion for Newportclaret. 1,000 apologies if inconvenience caused to SVX people. She has gone to a loving family who are blissfully unaware of the implications of SVXownership. Best to let them find out for themselves. Is it true that Moshols is no longer an SVXette. What can we spot her in now? Is she still in Mona Vale? Is she OK - have we missed something?
Love to all SVXettes & ites.
Vale Newportclaret
we shall miss her
K

Karin

Good to hear she has gone to a good home.

Tell Tony's sister to connect on here to the Network. The ladies are not well enough represented. Too much male macho bull talk on here, we need some balance and common sense and sensitivity.

Joe ;) :D

newportclaret
04-02-2006, 03:54 AM
Hi Joe
You can lead a sister to an SVX site, but you can't make her talk girl stuff - she's an engineer! We've mentioned the site to them, so the ball's in their court.
Going to bed now - this cold weather and daylight saving stuff is knocking the exSVX family around!:D
All the best
K

svxistentialist
04-02-2006, 04:41 AM
Hi Joe
You can lead a sister to an SVX site, but you can't make her talk girl stuff - she's an engineer! We've mentioned the site to them, so the ball's in their court.
Going to bed now - this cold weather and daylight saving stuff is knocking the exSVX family around!:D
All the best
K

Hey Karin

Engineers can be feminine!! I mean the approach, rather than the girl talk.

My company does some training with the august body here, Engineers Ireland. The President is a lady engineer, and I do mean lady. Impeccably dressed, very well spoken and friendly.

Bring on more of it, I say. Too many pipes and bad ties in the industry...:rolleyes: :D

Joe:)

PS, no surprise the SVX appeals to an engineer. The car has a combination of design features that does not fail to appeal.

newportclaret
04-02-2006, 11:16 PM
And yes, Tony's sister is just like that President, but not into girly gossip - that would be her other sister! Not into girly stuff myself - I''m a chippy, a very feminine one, but not impeccably dressed.:)
K

moshols vx
04-21-2006, 07:37 AM
Hi Karin and everyone

Just reading your name 'newport...' is making me homesick! Will you be upgrading to another volvohehe

I'm having a top time living in manila and work is great but....no one understands me unless i talk american, no one gets my jokes and i swear,there is nothing dry emerging from peoples mouths.i miss aussie attitudes.....feeling a bit sorry for myself.being alone on a friday night in a foreign city with no friends is character building! sure

i miss driving too, there are heaps of svx vans here and lots of lead to fill my lungs with as i walk down the street.... to breathe newport headland air ahhh

I am compiling a pictorial representation of male retirees in this country.... very interesting!
mosh

newportclaret
04-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Hi Moshols
I suppose it had to be done and someone had to do it - sounds very enriching and exotic, though I'd prefer pictorially representing male retirees in the hills of Tuscany!!! All is not lost - you still have access to SVX forum on Friday nights!!! and no more dodgy darley neighbours. I shall send you some Newport air via email

.......................^........^........^.......^ ...........................................

just sniff your screen above - that's 7 lines of clean, utopian sniffing to do plus a line of Newport sand and sandcastles (don't sniff that one - bit gritty!)

When are you coming back or are there enough Manilan male retirees to keep you going in the next life?!! I have been driving along Barrenjoey Rd for a while past the two servos on Darley and wondered why I never saw the green predator! All is revealed!

What are SVX vans?

When I clicked on your message it came up with a message that I can't access for some reason, so if you emailed a private locker message I didn't get it.
Take care of yourself and be alert not alarmed!
K

moshols vx
04-23-2006, 07:13 AM
Hi Karin and everyone

The pictorial representation is my hobby on the side (i'm working in child protection) but to be honest it hasn't gone far. They are all in my head- i feel too embarrassed for the women to take pics. You should have seen the guy in the supermarket today. When you are at the checkout you get your own stool!

This fat old man who was about 7 times the girth and 2 times the height of his girlfriend was sitting on the checkout stool while his girlfriend was mopping his brow with a wet facecloth!

Oh dear.

i was private messaging you my blog address, will try again.

Cheers, Mosh
ps. just had a facial, manicure and pedicure for $15! Beat that i say.

Chris phoned before ( he is living 6 hours away) to tell me about the pig that was slaughtered at his drill site. The locals were trying to get him to drink gin with them at 8am! They didn't cook the pig very well and when we spoke he was pulling raw meat from his teeth. charming.