PDA

View Full Version : trip to idaho

HighwayUFO
03-01-2004, 12:47 AM
in my pursuit to be as close as i can to matching my astrological sign, my persistance will continue. Some of you should came to idaho for a meet. We have parks, parking lots and other venues. Car shows have been thrown together in the local Wal-mart Parking lots for years. please let me know if anyone is interested. Wal mart is always down for shows in their parking lot and may even give away car products such as Meguiars or Mothers waxes and washes. I'm shooting for late May, somewhere around the 21st or 22nd.

Alycone
03-01-2004, 04:31 AM
I was thinking of spending a day in Idaho on the way to or from the Reno meet in June (taking an interior route from Seattle to Boise via 84, spend a day somewhere in ID and a day in Salt Lake City, then along 80 through Winnemucca to Reno). I really want to see the craters of the moon nat'l monument. I don't know that I'd want to make the same trip two months in a row.

seasvx
03-01-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by civic_slayer
I'm shooting for late May, somewhere around the 21st or 22nd. hey, civic_slayer, great idea! i'll do a run to Caldwell. no such thing as too many coe's (car-oriented-events). put it together & i'm there!

ensteele
03-01-2004, 09:38 AM
I am interested in the run through Idaho to get to Reno. Sounds like fun. :)

HighwayUFO
03-01-2004, 01:55 PM
spread the word nwsvxers. I'm actually heading to Wal-mart here in an hour. For those of you caldwell would be great to hit on your way to Reno if you car spare a few days. Lots of scenic drives and it's on your way to boise. Every friday and saturday night, "the Cruise" is packed full of people driving around in big circles showing off their ride. It would be cool to not show up and be the only SVX there. I'll talk to the guys at walmart and see whats up.

Should you need to find more info as i'm not always on the web, give me a call at (208) 409-0377 and we'll arrange this.

manofmayo
03-01-2004, 06:26 PM
I'd be interested too!

jklmnopqrst
03-03-2004, 12:57 AM
An Idaho meet seems like a brilliant idea (and that's not just because i LIVE in Idaho). I don't hear from the Idaho SVXers very much but we are still here slaying Civics left and right. If there are any guys from the Coeur d' Alene/ Moscow area, speak up!! We need to represent. Go Vandals!

HighwayUFO
03-03-2004, 07:15 PM
thanks for the enthusiasm jklm????. You have no doubt heard of the cruise in boise. you should come hit it up one weekend.

86Rx7
03-05-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by jklmnopqrst
An Idaho meet seems like a brilliant idea (and that's not just because i LIVE in Idaho). I don't hear from the Idaho SVXers very much but we are still here slaying Civics left and right. If there are any guys from the Coeur d' Alene/ Moscow area, speak up!! We need to represent. Go Vandals!

Yo my brother lives in moscow... but he doesnt own a subie... anywho mabey i'll come up there sometime and check out your car

jklmnopqrst
03-08-2004, 10:35 PM
You're more than welcome to stop by any time. It seems like I own the only SVX in town because I've never seen another one locally in the past several months. Is your brother a student of the University of Idaho? What part of Idaho are you situated in? Let me know in advance when you want to stop by. If you come on a weekend, we can hit up some awesome fraternity parties. Peace.

Alycone
03-08-2004, 10:47 PM
My car used to live in Coeur d' Alene, so there was another SVX there almost 2yrs ago. Maybe I should take her back to visit?
:)

jklmnopqrst
03-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Come back and visit anytime! The only other person I know (in person) that has an SVX is my brother, so I'm itching to meet other SVXers. I'll be Seattle this Friday, so I'm hoping to see some fellow SVXers then.

manofmayo
03-08-2004, 11:51 PM
Are you interested in a mini-meet?

Where in Seattle are you going?

jklmnopqrst
03-09-2004, 12:25 AM
I would absolutely love to have a mini-meet!!! I will be in the Bellevue area (more specifically I will be around Ivanhoe Neighborhood Park and CrossRoads Golf Course). I know for a fact that my brother would come so that would make two SVXs and if two other SVXers came, we would have a full-out mini-meet. Tell me what you think about meeting at Small Car Performance in Tacoma. Those guys seem to love the SVX and I'm sure that they wouldn't mind having 3 or 4 SVXs hanging out in their parking lot for a few hours.

manofmayo
03-09-2004, 01:20 AM
Dude

First off, what's your name?

I live in Everett and I really don't want to drive to Tacoma. There are probably a half dozen cars within 15 minutes of Shoreline and at least half of those are quite fanatical.

Traffic around Bellevue/North Seattle can be quite nasty Friday afternoon. How late are you going to be staying?

I know where the park is, how familar are you with the Seattle Area?

Alycone
03-09-2004, 01:59 AM
I'm probably up for a minimeet. I don't really mind tacoma, but I'd just as soon pick another meeting point and it's not that close to us or to where you are. Gee, the only place I know by the golf course is the group health eastside hospital and the japanese grocery store uwajimaya (both a few blocks away, close to the 148th exit of 520).

jklmnopqrst
03-09-2004, 02:00 AM
My name is James and I am a student at the University of Idaho. I'm traveling to Seattle to visit my brother and I am not familiar with Seattle in the slightest. It doesn't matter where we meet, I was just throwing out a suggestion with meeting in Tacoma. I wouldn't mind travelling to Everett or Shoreline (as long as they are not too far away from Bellevue) if there will be SVX brethren there. I will be in Seattle all weekend so let me know where and when and I'll be there.

Alycone
03-09-2004, 02:04 AM
Well, we're going to the mountains to play in the snow saturday, you could join us, meet us that evening for dinner or meet us at a different time. :)

jklmnopqrst
03-09-2004, 02:06 AM
Let me know when and where and I'll be there.

manofmayo
03-09-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Alycone
Well, we're going to the mountains to play in the snow saturday, you could join us, meet us that evening for dinner or meet us at a different time. :)

I thought that was the following weekend?

Alycone
03-09-2004, 02:10 AM
We haven't entirely decided yet:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=17031

I was thinking around 11am for a start time.

We had fun at the last snow meet:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Alycone|13779

jklmnopqrst
03-09-2004, 02:10 AM
Is it just me, or is everybody confused here? AHHHHHH!!!

Alycone
03-09-2004, 02:12 AM
OOoops, uhm, yes....the 20th would be NEXT weekend. :( :confused: :rolleyes:

So, whadda wanna do this one?

jklmnopqrst
03-09-2004, 02:24 AM
So, are we still doing the miniature meet? If so, we should try and do it on Friday evening. Any thoughts on where and when would be awesome.

Alycone
03-09-2004, 02:38 AM
What time would you want to meet on fri?

manofmayo
03-09-2004, 03:05 AM
I'm game. Anytime after 3pm is good for me.

As far as choosing a place to meet, I think we should wait until tomorrow night to gauge any interest for this.

WestCoastSVX
03-09-2004, 09:56 AM
Yeah when I posted about the snow meet, I was hoping it could be NEXT Saturday, the 20th. We can discuss that in the proper thread though.

As for this weekend, would love to join you guys in a mini meet and meet some new SVX owners. :)

I can't make it Friday night, unless you guys wanna meet up in Everett around 10pm for beers at Turners. :D (gotta work the hockey game next door that night)

Anyway, have fun guys! :)

seasvx
03-09-2004, 01:32 PM
since james & his brother will already be in the Crossroads area (friday 3/12, right?), i would cast a vote for Crossroads Mall, where we can not only meet but avail ourselves of the *huge* foodcourt, to break some bread & get to know each other.

http://www.crossroadsbellevue.com/

we could meetup in the back lot in between the mall & circuit city, maybe...

manofmayo
03-09-2004, 01:36 PM
I second that!

jklmnopqrst
03-09-2004, 02:07 PM
Let's do it!! I'll totally be there. Just tell me exactly where we'll meet and specifically what time. Holla.

seasvx
03-09-2004, 02:36 PM
james, what time are you & your brother available? i'm thinking of an after-work time + enuff drive time for the others to get to Crossroads thru friday traffic: 6pm? 7pm? help me here, people...

WestCoastSVX
03-09-2004, 04:21 PM
10:30pm?

Well you said after work and enuf time to drive to Bellevue! I work in Everett until 9:30 or 10:00 and will probably take me a half hour to drive to Bellevue! :D :D

HighwayUFO
03-09-2004, 07:03 PM
you jacked my thread. What up wit dat.

seasvx
03-09-2004, 08:32 PM
you're right. I'll move this to a new thread.

Alycone
03-09-2004, 08:39 PM
You should call it "trip from idaho"

manofmayo
03-09-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by seasvx
james, what time are you & your brother available? i'm thinking of an after-work time + enuff drive time for the others to get to Crossroads thru friday traffic: 6pm? 7pm? help me here, people...

I think 7pm would be a good time to meet, the roads should have cleared out 600-630.

jklmnopqrst
03-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Macguyver: Crossroads closes at 9pm so meeting at 10:30 may be a little late for everybody. I REALLY want to meet you so please give me a call on Saturday or Sunday and maybe we can meet up. My cell # is (208) 301-3686.
Everyone else: My bro gets off work at 5:30 or 6:00 so 7 o'clock sounds perfect. Can we all agree on 7?

Alycone
03-09-2004, 09:17 PM
7 sounds good, but we switched the thread on you:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=17068

We could always drive up to meet MacGyver after we hang out for a while.

HighwayUFO
03-10-2004, 12:44 AM
thanks guys. Aly, i never planned on leaving from idaho except to go to Reno.

Alycone
03-10-2004, 12:51 AM
Oh, I meant the new thread about the idaho people coming to WA should be called "trip from idaho" to match this thread.

And now back to the regularly scheduled broadcast. :)