PDA

View Full Version : Chicagoland mini meet

Seraph
02-25-2004, 09:17 PM
Why don't we pick a time and day to meet sometime in the near future?

My SVX is still in partial pieces but it will move so I can be there in my SVX.

Just name a place and time. A nice place we can all hang out and talk and have a cup of coffee would be nice.

drivemusicnow
02-25-2004, 09:18 PM
sounds like fun... anybody around here have the PCV valve tool, cause i need to replace mine... how close is schaumburg to everyone? just avoid the march 12 weekend please

Bwana
02-25-2004, 09:43 PM
Lets go with....March 12th!

Bwana
02-25-2004, 09:46 PM
Think the Streets of Woodfield would get mad at us if we were all hanging out on the roof of the parking garage? Maybe walk down to Starbucks/Coldstone?

On a sunday or something...so it's not that crowded.

drivemusicnow
02-25-2004, 09:57 PM
actually sunday sounds good... and I like the starbucks idea even more:D

Seraph
02-25-2004, 10:04 PM
Sunday 7th?

Sounds good. Give me a time and place.

Bwana
02-25-2004, 10:13 PM
Gettin the windows tinted on the 6th...so that would be a good thing to show to you Lwin...if you're thinkin of using the same guy.

Does the Streets of Woodfield parking garage sound like a good idea? On a Sunday afternoon it shouldnt be that crowded, we'd probably have the whole roof to ourselves.

Hows...somewhere around noon or 1 or 2 sound?

vollyball19
02-26-2004, 06:46 AM
Sorry guys, i won't be able to make it until may or something because i have my SVX in storage and doesn't have insurance right now.

Seraph
02-26-2004, 08:31 AM
You don't have to bring your SVX. Just come with anything. ****, I can even pick you up.

Bwana
02-26-2004, 12:28 PM
So the streets?

vollyball19
02-26-2004, 07:25 PM
Sorry guys, i still wont be able to make it on the 7th. That is the week of my springbreak and i am leaving on the 5th and not returing until the 13th or something. Maybe i will be able to get together with you guys another time. Have fun though. Sorry

Seraph
02-26-2004, 08:00 PM
Streets sounds good to me for the 7th. Anyone else?

Bwana
02-26-2004, 11:24 PM
time?

Seraph
02-27-2004, 12:16 AM
How about 2?

My number is : 312 343 2709

Bwana
02-27-2004, 08:18 AM
Sounds good...

Who else is around here? We have to send out some PM's.

Supposed to be 57* on Sunday!!! whoot! :D :cool: Too bad I wont be able to open my windows :o .

Seraph
02-27-2004, 09:40 AM
Who else apart from the three of us?

Stan B.
Vivian Z.
There is a dude in Wheeling by the name of... (I just woke up -- I'll edit later)
Not sure about Doug, Niam, and Mike (who are all in Mil. WI)
We also have the boys in Madison, WI
We also have Nick in central IL but he is about 3 hours away.
I know there are more people around I just can't think of any.

Edit: I think it's about time I bring back my Central/Midwest SVX page so that we can keep track of our memebers and their cars for meets.

kayvon
02-27-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Seraph
Who else apart from the three of us?

Stan B.
Vivian Z.
There is a dude in Wheeling by the name of... (I just woke up -- I'll edit later)
Not sure about Doug, Niam, and Mike (who are all in Mil. WI)
We also have the boys in Madison, WI
We also have Nick in central IL but he is about 3 hours away.
I know there are more people around I just can't think of any.

Edit: I think it's about time I bring back my Central/Midwest SVX page so that we can keep track of our memebers and their cars for meets.

Dude

Come on, :p

Any how---- > their are some people in the yahoo users group as well that should get the call. I will try my best to make it. And I will inform the other group as well.

Phast SVX
02-27-2004, 11:41 AM
I have to work practiaclly every weekend while schools going, but during summer wshuld try itagain, i can take off work 2 weeks in advance.
phil

Bwana
02-27-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Bwana
Supposed to be 57* on Sunday!!! whoot! :D :cool: Too bad I wont be able to open my windows :o .

*note to self* dont post when you just wake up.

57* is THIS sunday...not the 7th :p .

ykobayashi
02-29-2004, 11:06 PM
Hey All,

Just stumbled across this one. Will be there but not in my SVX (Everyday car is a '99 Quicksilver Legacy GT Wagon) like Vollyball, my baby is asleep for the winter in storage.

Been quite busy and I still need clearance from the "Tower" but I'll try to be there! Somebody shoot me a message as to exact time and place.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Yoshi:)

drivemusicnow
02-29-2004, 11:51 PM
lol, just sent you a reply PM about this... looks like you found it alright ;)

Seraph
03-01-2004, 12:13 AM
All right. Let's do a head count for next Sunday, 7th @ 2PM @ streets of woodfield. Higgins and IL53/I290 (I believe).

1. Lwin (AKA Seraph)

stanbu815
03-01-2004, 12:43 PM
You just hada pick this weekend, didntya.......I am at a 3 day (Fri-Sun) Financial Seminar up in Mundelein which I already paid for. It's been a long time since I got together with a bunch of SVX enthusiasts (last summer's cookout to be exact) and would have liked to do so again. Sorry -- looks like I'll have to wait until next time. :(

Have a great time, y'all.

Stan B

Sidewinder
03-01-2004, 01:34 PM
I would love to come to a meet sometime, but not too close to Chicago from here. Summertime would be great.

Eric

Bwana
03-01-2004, 05:40 PM
Well...I'm in... :p

Maybe we should re-schedule Lwin?

I'll still meet up with you if you wanna see the windows though. :confused:

Bwana
03-01-2004, 05:40 PM
1. Lwin (AKA Seraph)
2. Scott (AKA Bwana)

drivemusicnow
03-02-2004, 02:59 PM
1. Lwin (AKA Seraph)
2. Scott (AKA Bwana)
3. Greg (AKA drivemusicnow)

i'm sure we'll plan another more inclusive get together this summer. some stuff came up last year that dissallowed the rockford meet, but i'm sure we can get a nice big "midwest meet" this year... maybe we should start planning it now?? at least look at some calenders to see if anything specifically of interest is happening over the summer

kayvon
03-04-2004, 08:39 AM
I will not be joining. I must go to Michigan (Farmington Hills) for the weekend. It is my nesses birthday. I will be expecting to see some pictures posted from the meet. Everyone have a great time, I wish I could attend. Looking forward to the next meet. :mad: :D

Bwana
03-05-2004, 06:48 PM
You two still in? Supposed to be 40* with high winds on Sunday. Only 20% chance of rain though. :rolleyes: .

I'll be there.

Seraph
03-05-2004, 08:58 PM
We'll meet at the 1st floor of the multi level parking garage.

My car will most likely be in pieces. I am going through rewireing process inside...

Rear view video cam, FRS Radio, Forward view camera, push button start and keyless start, wigwags at the front and strobes at the back etc.

2PM right?

drivemusicnow
03-05-2004, 09:47 PM
sounds good... my mom is bringing hers for little while before she has to go to work... mines in pretty bad shape too, haven't installed much of my stereo system, and i still have the PCV valve that needs to be replaced, but i'll be there.

Bwana
03-05-2004, 11:10 PM
How about the last floor with a roof over it? :p

The bottom is packed no matter what time/day.

Whatever...we'll find each other eventually. How hard is it to miss 4 SVX's sitting together?

Seraph
03-06-2004, 10:59 AM
How about the last floor with a roof over it? :p

The bottom is packed no matter what time/day.

Whatever...we'll find each other eventually. How hard is it to miss 4 SVX's sitting together?

OK. Sounds good to me.

drivemusicnow
03-07-2004, 11:33 AM
GRRRRR, my mom and i will be there, however mine is now running worse than ever.... i see bills in the future (MAP sensor, and now another o2 sensor code... ) i have the pcv valve though, and if any of you have replaced it maybe you could give me some pointers... i swear my love for the car will kill my wallet.

Earthworm
03-09-2004, 04:06 PM
One PCV replacement walkthrough brought to you thanks to www.svx-iw.com

http://svx-iw.com/svxiw/trouble/engine/pcv_replacement.html

SVXer95
03-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Did this meet happen?

If so, how did it go?

I wish I could have been there, but I'm in school in MI right now. I'll be working in IN during the spring. We should all get together again sometime in spring or summer.

drivemusicnow
03-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Yup. Lwin, Scott, my mom, and myself all met in the streets of woodfield parking garage. It was a bit windy and chilly, but overall a fun time. It seems that we are all going some different directions with our SVXi, and my mom just sat there and told me which ones she wants me to do to her car :rolleyes: Thanks guys... Hopefully my car won't be running badly, and i'll finish up my stereo installation, and we can do this again:D

Snickers
03-17-2004, 01:11 PM
I'm sorry I missed this meet as well. It would be nice to meet similarly afflicted folks. At the time I was obsessed with getting another SVX. I'm in for the next one.:)