PDA

View Full Version : Battery Problem

SVXObsessed
02-22-2004, 12:32 AM
GREAT SITE!!! I recently bought a '95 SVX LS with 68,000 miles on it. I have been having a problem with the battery. i was driving and then i'll start to smell a sulfer smell and i pulled over and opened the hood and my battery was steeming out the water vents. my battery was totally out of water. so i thought my battery was bad so i went and bought a new one (went to sears, had the charge system checked also) then last night my dash lights got very dim and my air bag light started flashing. so i opened my hood and my brand new battery was doing the same thing. PLEASE HELP!
- Craig

Bobb
02-22-2004, 12:29 PM
Hi Craig, It sounds like your alternator is overcharging. Of course "SEARS" would have discovered that when they tested your system. NOT! SVX alternators seem to test good and then keep not working. If your Subaru dealer has a clue, get a rebuilt one from them and then get your new battery from "SEARS". Then never go back. Take care, BOBB

SVXObsessed
02-22-2004, 01:03 PM
Thanks Bobb i'll look into that

ensteele
02-22-2004, 03:15 PM
NW SVX Welcome to the site. We are having a maintenance meet in 2 weeks, so look in the Norhtwest Region forum and look for details. There is another site "nwsvx.com" that will give you information about the local group. We have quite a few members here in the Pacific Northwest. Hope to meet you soon. :)