PDA

View Full Version : Constant Drain On Battery

UR A BUS
02-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Hey guys, GREAT SITE!! I jsut registered and I must say I'm very impressed with everything I've seen so far. Keep up the good work.
Unfortunately there's a down side to this message. I am the original owner of a '92 LSL and recently have been experiencing some difficulties. I have a very strong pulsating drain on my battery. (dead overnight) It's been pinpointed to a 30 amp fuse (sbf1) found under the hood. It goes from 0.03 to 7.62 about every 6 seconds. I'm sure it operates the powerseat, windows and not sure what else. When the fuse is pulled the car starts everytime regardless of how long it sits. Please if anyone has any insight to remedy this problem it would greatly appreciated. Thanks Brett

ensteele
02-21-2004, 06:58 PM
Brett - welcome to the site. I hope someone know how to fix your problem. Good luck. :)

lee
02-21-2004, 07:18 PM
you're right that it controls the power seat & power window circuit breaker.

My first guess would be the seat motor/switches, although I have no good reason why except you didn't mention any issues with the windows (I'm guessing you don't hear anything in the doors, yes?). I'd suggest finding & unplugging the seat and see if the problem still exists.