PDA

View Full Version : svx removing auto replace with?

msatpro
02-21-2004, 12:59 PM
Hello my breathern,
I humbly ask and require info regarding the installation of the wrx trans 5spd, into my svx. Are the trans, flywheel, and rear end the only thing(s) that will have to be replaced besides the pedals&clutch master cyl.?
I have to admit I am a little nervous to do any mod since my requirement right now is more for functionallity than hot-rod!
Trans rebuilt twice since I have owned it, time to go for something better. I might do o.k. w/ the subaru reman 4eat, the old one still goes perfectly, just don't drive in 3 & 4 or it will slip.
Thanks for any help.
Mike S.

mbtoloczko
02-21-2004, 11:53 PM
The 5sp swap is getting pretty well understood now. There are several good threads on the topic. Look in the Mod Mania section. To answer your questions, if you are using a WRX tranny, then you'll need the tranny, a WRX flywheel and clutch assembly, the pedals, the clutch master (and slave) cylinder, the shifter assembly, a WRX starter, you'll need to make some sort of crossmember for the 5sp as the AT crossmember does not work with it, and you'll need to modify your driveshaft. The rear diff does not need replacing with the WRX tranny. I think that's everything.

Earthworm
02-24-2004, 09:49 PM
My conversion was documented in the following thread:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14408

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about your conversion.