PDA

View Full Version : WANTED - 92-94 SVX West Coast

0260N4
10-08-2001, 12:01 AM
Hello all I have been lurking around this and the yahoo group for some time now and I am finally in a position to get my own SVX! I have been drooling over these cars for sometime now and I have got to have one. I am looking for a 92-94 AWD model with under 120k on it, preferably with a spoiler and new or rebuilt tranny. Cars should be somewhere in the Western US and have a clean body. My price range is up to $6500 and I will pay cash. Anyone with a car that you think I might be interested in please email me at akav8r@gci.net

Thanks all!

0260N4

Seraph
10-08-2001, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by 0260N4
My price range is up to $6500 and I will pay cash. 0260N4

With that price range, you are looking at 92/3 LS models. LS-L might be a possibility but might be pushing it. But then again, I live in the mid-west.

Try the internet and your local dealerships. I ran into mine at an extremely small dealership (around 6-10 cars at the most) and got it for a great deal.

And Good luck.

Lwin

Aredubjay
10-08-2001, 08:47 AM
Try www.autorader.com , they usually have a few in your area.

0260N4
10-08-2001, 06:13 PM
Thanks all I appreciate the help, the autotrader link was particularly useful. I am going to look at 2 92's (a LSi and a LS) next week. Anything I should look for aside from the wheel bearings and the tranny? Thanks

0260N4
-Scott
:cool:

Aredubjay
10-08-2001, 07:48 PM
Thanks all I appreciate the help, the autotrader link was particularly useful. I am going to look at 2 92's (a LSi and a LS) next week. Anything I should look for aside from the wheel bearings and the tranny? Thanks

0260N4
-Scott
:cool:

Yikes. There's no such thing as a '92 LSi. The designation in '92 and '93 was LS-L. The later models began to use th "i" in place of the L. The only other things to look for would be the standard bits. Make sure the front end's tight and the rack isn't leaking. If your power steering is "whining" and jittering at low speeds, tell 'em to knock off a couple-a hundred dollars for a PS pump repair. Then, go to the subaruparts.com site and order an 89 cent o-ring and spend a half hour changing it :D Do what's necessary to check to make sure the AWD works (find some loose dirt and spin out). Can't think of much else. Anybody else?

0260N4
10-08-2001, 07:58 PM
OK I just want to make sure I understand this correctly, in the 92 models there was the LS-L (which I presume is the AWD model) and the LS and the L right? What the difference between them?

0260N4

0260N4
10-08-2001, 07:59 PM
Oh yeah and where can I get a cow catcher too? Probably end up using it on reindeer tho...

Ron Mummert
10-08-2001, 09:06 PM
Can't help you with the reindeer catcher, but I believe the LS was the "standard" model. The LS-L (think Luxury) added the touring package which included leather seats, power driver's seat, sunroof, AM/FM Cassette/CD player & some other stuff I've forgotten. All '92s were AWD and, of course, Randy's car has AWS too. Good luck, Ron.

Aredubjay
10-09-2001, 09:18 AM
OK I just want to make sure I understand this correctly, in the 92 models there was the LS-L (which I presume is the AWD model) and the LS and the L right? What the difference between them?

0260N4

Ron Mummert answered your questions correctly. The "letters" described "trim" options. L was base model, LS was a step up, but, I can't remember exactly the difference. LS-L meant the car had the "Touring" package with the items Ron mentioned. And, yes, ALL '92's were AWD.

Ron, make sure you put "passive" in front of AWS -- I don't want anybody to get the wrong idea.

The cow-catcher option can be ordered in S M and L -- I'd get the L for the Reindeer -- those antlers can be hell on a radiator. :D Order them from Clampet's Tool & Die, 1313 Redneck Road, Big Bone Lick, KY. :D (NOTE: The previous address is fictional, except for the city/state -- there really is a "Big Bone Lick" in Kentucky).

Ron Mummert
10-09-2001, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Ron Mummert answered your questions correctly. The "letters" described "trim" options. L was base model, LS was a step up, but, I can't remember exactly the difference. LS-L meant the car had the "Touring" package with the items Ron mentioned. And, yes, ALL '92's were AWD.

Ron, make sure you put "passive" in front of AWS -- I don't want anybody to get the wrong idea.

The cow-catcher option can be ordered in S M and L -- I'd get the L for the Reindeer -- those antlers can be hell on a radiator. :D Order them from Clampet's Tool & Die, 1313 Redneck Road, Big Bone Lick, KY. :D (NOTE: The previous address is fictional, except for the city/state -- there really is a "Big Bone Lick" in Kentucky).

There was an "L"? Oh... That's the one available only in Australia. "L" is the color designation for Lemon, or as we Yanks say, Y****o. Or as Randy says....ARRRGHHHH!
Ron.