PDA

View Full Version : Northwesterners: Who's going to Reno?

WestCoastSVX
02-12-2004, 10:51 AM
Just curious who is planning on going to the big Reno meet last weekend in June. It will help us plan out the spring/summer for our own events. :)

Chime in if you are sure you are going to attend Reno, unless a major emergency came up or something.

Tim-H
02-12-2004, 04:48 PM
i was comtemplating it, but i heard today that gas prices are supposed to be over 3.00 a gallon this summer, so i can't.

mbtoloczko
02-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Tim-H
i was comtemplating it, but i heard today that gas prices are supposed to be over 3.00 a gallon this summer, so i can't.

3.00/gallon?! Wow. I had heard that OPEC was going to be cutting production to keep the costs up, but I didn't think prices were going to get that high.

Sorry, didn't mean to threadjack. :-) I'm interested in going, but its too early for me to commit to it.

WestCoastSVX
02-12-2004, 05:02 PM
$3.00 a gallon? Yikes! :eek: That would not be cool. :(

On topic, I won't be able to go because neither of us will be able to take the necessary vacation time as we originally thought we could. :(

As luck would have it though, there is another short weekend thing we are flying down for that weekend that will be somewhere around Tahoe. So I might be able to stop by one of the days as a "walk-in". :D Depends where they end up holding the meet, if it is actually down in Reno, probably won't work for me.

manofmayo
02-12-2004, 06:00 PM
I have it on my schedule, and I'm hoping to go see my.....what should I call her, hmmm...step-daughter-ish...... for a few days afterwards in Grand Junction, CO. I really want to go, but we will see.

ensteele
02-13-2004, 11:05 AM
Dnel is going and so am I. I will answer for him because he doesn't come here much.

I would not decide whether or not to go on rumors of gas prices. Last year it was rumored that it would get up to $3.00 per gallon too. If it is that high, then I may reconsider, but for now - yes, I am going. :)

Alycone
02-16-2004, 12:27 AM
I'd like to go, but I can't commit completely.

Alycone
03-15-2004, 12:53 AM
Okay, I'm almost positive I'm going. :)

seasvx
03-15-2004, 09:26 AM
i took myself off the signup thread a while ago, but i find now there may be a glimmer of hope. gotta get some monitary issues settled down before i can say. gas prices are not the deciding factor for me, but a news story on cnn this morning stated that they're not likely to go down soon but are not expected to increase either.

btw, i recieved a pm from Michelle saying it's now on for Father's Day weekend, the 19-20th of June. Mitch has arranged for the visit to the auto museum (the old Bill Harrah collection!) and she is working on lodging.

manofmayo
03-15-2004, 10:33 AM
I'm definately going :)

manofmayo
03-15-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by seasvx
btw, i recieved a pm from Michelle saying it's now on for Father's Day weekend, the 19-20th of June. Mitch has arranged for the visit to the auto museum (the old Bill Harrah collection!) and she is working on lodging.

So the whole thing has been moved up a week?
Just making sure.

seasvx
03-15-2004, 11:03 AM
this was the info I got Sunday from Michelle...
stay tuned.

WestCoastSVX
03-15-2004, 11:37 AM
It's been moved up a week?

So now I can't even make the "without-my-car appearance" I was going to try to do. :(