PDA

View Full Version : List of what you need done at the Maintenance Meet

ensteele
02-08-2004, 03:59 PM
Well, it is official - the meet will be March 6, 2004. The meet will start at 10:00. I know that is a little early, but that way we can start on the early cars and get those repairs done first, and then as they arrive, repair and do maintenance on the others.

Feel free to email or PM me for more details. I have some parts and will probably have most of the lights, but let me know so I can help you get what you need.

We will have a Bar B Que in the afternoon. Bring something to cook, and what you want to drink. I will have a grill here and plates and tableware. :)

Tim-H
02-08-2004, 07:10 PM
92 on my center caps and many led lights in my dash.

ensteele
02-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Tim

Do you want me to get the lights for you? If you do, give me a list of which ones are not working. You can get the list on the How-To Documents. :)

sleepem
02-08-2004, 08:15 PM
Glad this thing is going to happen. I was not able to get to the banquet in Arlington, and wanted to meet all of the folks, so hope to see a bunch of you at Earls.

We need (I think) all of the dash button illumination bulbs, Paint all wheel centers ('92 is Charcoal??) and if it's not done by then, a good wax. Also will have some questions about PS leaks, exhaust buzz, and a thup-thup sound at idle from engine. Sounds like a mechanical fuel pump!:) :) :D

Also would like some advice/troubleshooting on the security system. power lite lites but system will not do one other thing, nuthin!

I can bring the original dealer brochure i got with the car if folks are interested, and also have an appropriately bent wrench for PCV if needed.

Thanks

Rob

LarryIII
02-09-2004, 04:35 AM
I woke up with a kink in my neck this morning. I must have slept in some peposterous position last night. Does anyone know basic massage? :D :D :D

Alycone
02-09-2004, 06:17 AM
Don't know about massage, but I think we have enough people to get you in a c-collar and on a back board, you'll feel better in no time! :p

WestCoastSVX
02-09-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Tim-H
92 on my center caps and many led lights in my dash.

Earl, you responded that you could get him the lights. Am I to understand that LED lights are now available for the dash lights? Me wants! :)

seasvx
02-09-2004, 09:36 AM
hey, thx for this terrific opportunity for us garage-tool-skill-challenged owners. earl! i signed up for oil/filter change (will bring oil/filter/drian plug crush ring). also put my name on the headlight cleaning thing. thx again for this great idea and for offering to host!

WestCoastSVX
02-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Oh, I just noticed the poll at the top! Wow, that's a good list, this is going to be a great resource for folks in the Northwest! :)

I notice "dent removal" on the list? Really?

ensteele
02-09-2004, 11:37 PM
We will see what we can do. It depends on how big the dents are. Mainly door dings.

Dentless Earl :D

PS I am trying to get the dash light. We will see what we can do. If not, I can order from a parts house. I just need to know how many people need.

Tim-H
02-10-2004, 08:11 PM
i will get back to you on which leds exactly, also i would like to get the rear spoiler painted in the chipped areas.

WestCoastSVX
02-11-2004, 11:42 AM
For dash lights I basically need the bottom row - you know, "security" "fog" "cruise" "hazard" "defrost" is there one more?

I'm still not clear if you are working on a secret project up there in Burlington to make LEDs work in the dash or not. :D So far I don't think anyone has, there is the trick with having a resistor on each bulb or something and then getting that all to fit in the spaces. But if we are talking LEDs, I want light blueish for all the buttons mentioned except red for the hazard. So that they will match if indiglo gauges were put in.

If just putting in stock replacements, I believe there is a certain Radio Shack bulb number that works perfect and is really really inexpensive. But I haven't seen a post on it for a couple years.

Tim-H
02-11-2004, 06:02 PM
the lights that light up the buttons are already LEDs. The reason they go out isnt because the bulb burns out, its because the constant pushing of the buttons breaks the wires coming out of the LED. all of them are clear, they just have little rubber "condoms" over the end of them to change the color.

Tim-H
02-11-2004, 06:17 PM
I need light #s : 83426pa000 x 2, 83426pa020 x 4, 83426pa010 x 2. It would be good to get a price qoute first though to make sure.

ensteele
02-11-2004, 07:47 PM
No secret project. Just stock bulbs. I have the Radio Shack number, and some other numbers so the lights will be cheaper. I will post a list and prices. :)

WestCoastSVX
02-12-2004, 10:32 AM
he he Darn no secret projects! :D

I've talked to David (I think it is) the guy that makes the SVX stereo wiring harnesses, from time to time about the LED dash project, he is still working on it, slowly.

I've never had the dash apart to see the bulbs, but I always heard they were just tiny little bulbs, but not actual LEDs. Could be wrong though, something that small would almost have to be a LED anyway right?

The theory with doing LED's everywhere being that it would be easy to do alternate colors, be brighter, use less power (for whats that worth), and last forever.

ensteele
02-14-2004, 11:08 PM
If any one needs directions to my place where the meet will be, email me so I can attach the directions and send them to you. :)

JENKIN
02-17-2004, 01:22 AM
Earl, i need
1) lights across bottom row of dash (fog/flasher/defrost/etc)
2) paint 92 center caps
3) polish/de-yellow-ize headlight covers
4) help in programing new(for me) remote/security system
5) also- my cruise control doesnt work, although you can hear someting being activated when you engage the lever on the steering wheel. it may be too much to deal with at the meet. but any advice will be appreciated. thanks for hosting this.

Alycone
02-18-2004, 09:47 PM
For the tire pressure thing, can we do the whole measuring the diameter with someone in the driver's seat?

ensteele
02-18-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by JENKIN
Earl, i need
1) lights across bottom row of dash (fog/flasher/defrost/etc)
2) paint 92 center caps
3) polish/de-yellow-ize headlight covers
4) help in programing new(for me) remote/security system
5) also- my cruise control doesnt work, although you can hear someting being activated when you engage the lever on the steering wheel. it may be too much to deal with at the meet. but any advice will be appreciated. thanks for hosting this.

Do you need the yellow part that show that the button is on, or the part that lights up the words. How many of each?

I also have a very good idea what is wrong with the cruise control. Check to see if the vaccume line has come off. That is a very common problem that is easy to solve. Hope it is that and you can use it when you come over. If not, we will look at it. :)

ensteele
02-18-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Alycone
For the tire pressure thing, can we do the whole measuring the diameter with someone in the driver's seat?

No problem. I have a good air compressor to work with. :)

WestCoastSVX
02-19-2004, 09:52 AM
The whole measuring the diameter thing? :confused:

Tim-H
02-20-2004, 01:48 PM
i need help with my security system too, i don't think it works but i have a remote and someone who has already done the programming on another car can confirm im not doing it wrong.

I also need directions.

ensteele
02-20-2004, 03:46 PM
Tim

I will send you direcitons. You will get them if your email address is the same as it has been. If not, send it to me and I will send you directions and a light replacement list.

Troy

I will talk about the rolling diameter thing that day. You may Believe it or Not. :D

ensteele
02-21-2004, 11:24 AM
I now have a list of the numbers and lights so you can figure out what lights you need for the meet in my locker under the folder "Lights".

That way I don't have to email each individual, not that I wouldn't. Just easier. If you need directions, contact me or Troy, and we will get them to you. :)

Earthworm
02-24-2004, 06:47 PM
Just to confirm for the record...they are not LED's in the dash. They are in fact mini bulbs shaped similar to LED's. The best way to realise this is the following: You can dim these bulbs with the dimmer adjustment. You can't dim LED's. :)

ensteele
02-24-2004, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the clarification. :)

LarryIII
02-25-2004, 04:47 AM
I need someone to show me how to grow hair on the top of my head. I think Earl will sign up for this seminar too.:p :p :p :p

Larry (folically challenged) III

ensteele
02-25-2004, 09:49 PM
Where can I sign up Larry? :) :)

Alycone
02-25-2004, 11:32 PM
I need someone to show me how to grow hair on the top of my head.

I think I've got 2' to 3' of the stuff. If you bring some glue I'd be willing to part with a few inches, but the color may be a bit too bright.
:p

CDG
02-28-2004, 01:42 AM
I'm trying to make arrangements to come to this meet, but its a tough one.
If I show I need the standard lights in the button cluster, and my shifter console light(s) went out, plus I need a spin on Trany filter kit installed.

Oh, and I have a 9' neon light I wanna put in the clear mouthpiece between the lights.

I couldn't resist buying it, it was only $7CAN, plus PST,GST, and IST.

CDG
02-28-2004, 01:43 AM
IST=Idiot sales tax, sometimes they call it a core charge, or a environmental fee, or a deposit, you've seen them before:p

ensteele
02-28-2004, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the definition of the IST - hadn't heard of that one yet. We also have that here, but not called IST. It is called core charge, environmental fee, or a deposit here. :D :D

Hope to see you next weekend. (we have a list of primary things that we are working on, but can try some of the other things as well.)

Tofu
03-03-2004, 06:54 PM
I would like the procedure for making my SVX magically get here before the 6th.

ensteele
03-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Where are you located and where is the car coming from? :) You are welcome to come to the meet even without your SVX. :)

Tofu
03-03-2004, 08:47 PM
Actually, I'll be pretty close on Saturday, I have to go to Oak Harbor with a friend to pick up his new car.

PM me directions I might show up on the way back :)

Strictly Subaru
03-03-2004, 10:31 PM
Hi Earl;

At this moment, I have to work a 1/2 day on Saturday, I was just wondering how long do you folks plan to stick around? I'm still trying to get the whole day off, but it doesn't look good....:( Could I ask you to email me directions from I-5 southbound? I will try to make it....:) It would be neat to see eveyone.....

ensteele
03-03-2004, 11:02 PM
Just PMed them. Hope to see you. :)

CDG
03-05-2004, 02:11 PM
I plan to bring some spare SVX parts and Non-SVX related Items to our meet.
If anybody has some stuff they wanna trade/sell/buy either bring it, or list it.
Its a great opportunity.

I will be bringing at least:
1. a brand new TCU
2. A whole bunch of oil filters
3. a nice little 75 watt inverter
4. anything else I can find

What I'm looking for:
1. set of aftermarket wheels(17's would be nice) that nobody needs anymore
2. Tires to go with above or on stockstock
3.Maybe the aftermarket Trany temperature sensor that goes in the B&M External Filter
4. Anything cool that makes the SVX even better than it already is.:D