PDA

View Full Version : Carbon fiber hoods and pic...

Rev Hard
03-22-2001, 05:23 PM
Heres an update for all........

We had a minor setback do to the fact the subaru dealer (here on out refered to as SATAN) sent the wrong hood. When it was returned we were notified that the only SVX hood in the Americas was in Northern Canada. Satan says "It will take us 6 weeks to get it"

So Now we are looking for a donor in the LA area. Hopefully Henry Yei comes through for us and can find a ride home for the week and leave his car while he returns to the Bay for spring break.

I do not envision this being a big setback...

If so we will start molding and the first "batch" will be shipped out within 2 weeks.

For those that still have not ordered let me know, I can get more than the initial 8 made and they will ship asap right after the initial orders....

Price is $650 shipped to you (well a business address is needed) and the hoods will be complete with all mounting points for the original hardware. No HoodPins Required! These hoods will also have a scoop like the late model (98 for example) Legacy 2.5 GT. The only thing you will need to do is have (or do it yourself) holes for the sprayer nozzles made....

Let me know....
PAUL!
email is key.. note the new email...
pfeigle@buckeyeweb.com

svxboy
03-22-2001, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the updates on the hoods, Greg

Rev Hard
03-23-2001, 01:23 AM
attached is a photoshop rendering of what the hoods will look like.. I used my car...

PAUL!

if your wondering about the topic.... well i modiifed the message ;) Thanks RedSVX92!

Rev Hard
03-23-2001, 03:27 AM
We have a donor folks..

Hoods will be on the way within 2 weeks....

thanks for your understanding....

PAUL!

svxboy
03-24-2001, 12:27 AM
Well, once the hoods are done, then we can move onto the bumpers right? -Greg

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/svxcess?e&.intl=us&.flabel=fld16&start=1&.pindex=2&.src=ph&.from=d&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/svxcess%3fd%26.flabel=fld16%26.intl=us%26.src=ph

I really want this bumper!!!!!!!!

Rev Hard
03-24-2001, 01:48 AM
....Greg. I know. But i mmay not do them do you know what it would cost to have that made? Do you really want to?...........

PAUL!

svxboy
03-24-2001, 01:53 AM
Yup, I don't care! I want that bumper. I won't be able to sleep well at night until I have one. -Greg

deligeds
03-24-2001, 01:53 PM
To an extent, I agree. I'd also be willing to pay more for a bumper if we could get it soon after the hood.

suby_qa
03-25-2001, 07:35 PM
We have the picture of the one that the majority want. Where did that picture come from? Can we track it down? Can someone lead me to where the picture originated (site)? I will try to find where it was made.

cdigerlando
03-25-2001, 07:41 PM
I would like one like SVXboy posted. I believe this was the consensus from the vote. The sooner the better. I need it to finish my turbocharging project. please please please. I will let you race my car in orlando anytime. you can even stay at my house. please please.

Sorry for the impatience

Chuck

Stevebsy
03-26-2001, 11:44 AM
I am currently researching with the people at my work to see what kind of price would be required to make this happen.

If I decide to do it, I am going to make the #4 choice in the poll (the most popular one).

It will be made of fiberglass most likely, and not carbon fiber. However, it will not be flimsy and it will bolt right in place, this is my promise. You will have to paint it to match of course. It may ship primed, I'm not sure

I am guessing that it is going to be at least $500 (maybe more) unless there is a gigantic quantity of orders. Also, there would be no production until I had a minimum number of desposits received to cover tooling costs. However if it all works out I'll make it happen.

Now....who's still interested?

cdigerlando
03-26-2001, 12:18 PM
I didn't expect carbon fiber. It would be nice to have a way to modify this for an additional radiator for intercooler and the sides for ram air and tranny cooler. This could all be worked out at a body shop though.

Thanks!!!!

Count me in.

deligeds
03-26-2001, 05:00 PM
Count me in. Assuming that we don't get a large enough quantity to make a big price difference, and thus start right away, how soon might we have a bumper?

Stevebsy
03-26-2001, 06:24 PM
Ok, any bumper discussion that concerns me making them shall now go under the topic Stevebsy's bumper plan

Hopefully we'll still get enough interest to make it happen. It will be very a difficult and time consuming, but fun and rewarding project if it happens.

Again... please move to the new topic

Thanks

svxboy
03-26-2001, 08:19 PM
count me in for 3 of them. We have 3 SVX's in our household and we all want one each. -Greg

NJSVX
03-30-2001, 06:50 AM
Count me in for the bumper as well. Just let me know when everyone wants to do this.
As for the hoods,
Do they come preped to be painted?

suby_qa
04-09-2001, 12:04 PM
Hey Paul,

How are the hoods coming along? Are we about there yet. I am really looking forward to getting it installed. Let me know.

Jaylinb
04-10-2001, 12:04 PM
Yeah, me too! I just got back from getting the estimate at the body shop. It'll cost me almost as much as the hood itself to paint it and mount all the little doohickeys underneath. Ah, well, this is like the best shop in town so I'm not minding the expense too much. I'm starting to get real excited now.

svxboy
04-10-2001, 12:09 PM
Why in the world would you want to paint it?

cdigerlando
04-10-2001, 04:42 PM
Just for everybodies info, I priced the install and painting of the hood. Install $150 bucks, install and paint $450 bucks. We didn't talk about washers so it may be more for that. Heck I already ripped that out.

Jaylinb
04-11-2001, 10:53 AM
I want it matched to the rest of the car because I know for sure just about everyone will be asking me constantly, "Why'd ya leave it primer?" Remember it's going to be darkly colored.
I've seen enough frankencars around here with their multi-colored body parts from who-knows-where to convince me that I do not in any way want to be associated with them.
Plus, matching paint will make it appear more like stock, and I'm going for the subtle look.

Aredubjay
04-11-2001, 12:48 PM
<<I've seen enough frankencars>>

Frankencars! LOL! I love that! A buddy of mine had a Datsun pickup truck that had different colored fenders and bed from where he'd patched it up with junkyard parts. He lovingly called his truck "The Bowling Shoe," which was exactly what it looked like. LOL!

Jaylinb
04-11-2001, 01:26 PM
I'll have to tell my friend who first used that phrase that he came up with a good one. I thought it was funny and very appropriate around here. We're driving down the road in my car, and he'll say, "Avoid that one. He looks like he's been kissed before." :cool:

I'm seriously thinking of having the whole car refinished while it's getting the hood done. I hate looking at all the dents it has, and with that nice new hood they'll look even worse.

cdigerlando
04-13-2001, 10:14 PM
Has anyone heard from Rev_Hard regarding the hoods? There seem to be quite a few posts requesting an update, with no response. Whats up with that?

suby_qa
04-16-2001, 12:14 AM
Am I the only one getting worried here?:mad: :mad: :confused:

Jaylinb
04-16-2001, 10:49 AM
Has anyone tried calling him lately?

suby_qa
04-16-2001, 03:41 PM
I havn't. Do you have his number? That is worth a try. I am getting close to calling my credit card company. I am worried.:confused:

suby_qa
04-16-2001, 03:43 PM
I did try to e-mail him at a couple of different addresses. Still no response. Does anyone have any info on the specific shop which is supposed to be doing the actual hood work?

Red SVX 92
04-16-2001, 07:33 PM
I just called the shop up today, and they said that they're still working on the mold. They said it should be done in about a week and a half or two.

That's the unofficial word from me, but I can't back anything up. Rev Hard is the lead guy doing this project, so he'll probably know more.

suby_qa
04-16-2001, 07:59 PM
Hey , that's better than no word at all. Thanks for the update. At least someone has contact with the shop doing the work.
BTW, do you know what has happened to rev-hard?

cdigerlando
04-16-2001, 08:02 PM
Maybe he is out of town, or on vacation, or worse yet his computer crashed! Thanks for calling the shop. I may see if the reciept has a number on it to call.

Red SVX 92
04-16-2001, 09:54 PM
Suby, I think Rev Hard is really busy or preoccupied right now. I've tried to ask him on AIM about the hoods, but he hasn't replied... He seems distracted right now, by other more pressing matters. I'm very anxious about this project, because that's MY hood they're making the mold from, and I just had to drive over 700 miles without a hood. Needless to say, I would like that hood ASAP.

However, with what Paul's been through lately, I'm more concerned about his well-being than that hood.

htyei
04-17-2001, 09:49 PM
Wow you actually drove your svx without the hood?
WOuld have been me except I really didnt want to drive to the bay area (spring break) from here without a hood.

So no ill effects at all? Good thing it ain't rainy season...

Red SVX 92
04-18-2001, 12:25 AM
Yep, htyei, i drove from Long Beach to Sacramento, round trip, for spring break without that hood. And it sprinkled too! I tried to cover the hood, but it was useless... it flew off at low speeds. I got worried the sprinkles would fry something, but my SVX came through intact. Now I just want that hood! :D

htyei
04-18-2001, 02:04 AM
Your a braver man than I :), now how did you get the bugs off your engine compartment......

Jaylinb
04-18-2001, 07:08 AM
I want you to know that we appreciate you sacrificing your hood temporarily for this project! We would have been in a real pickle without you. I have Paul's number around here somewhere, I'll try giving him a call later tonight.
So you got to see the shop? What was it like? Did they have a bunch of custom cars around? I'd love to see how they're being made. Sort of a "history of my hood" kinda thing.

Red SVX 92
04-18-2001, 02:36 PM
htyei: unfortunately, i'm still working that out ;) . Just too busy to worry about it right now... have to catch up on my work. We'll see....

Jaylinb: Yes, I saw the main store front, but I didn't really get a chance to their real shop. The timing and situation when I dropped the hood off really prevented me from fully appreciating the moment, since I had to deal with some complications. However, I saw some VERY nice cars outside in the lot. Like a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, and a couple Hondas, etc. I also saw this Honda Accord c/f hood... beautiful red inlay in the carbon fiber. :p *sigh*

As for the manufacturing process, I'm pretty sure Paul knows far more about it than I do. I suggest you ask him to get the full skinny.

Hopefully, the whole thing goes smooth from here.... I was really hoping to get that hood this week, but those plans have been dashed. Oh well....

cdigerlando
04-18-2001, 04:54 PM
I think you just came up with the ulitimate lightweight solution. No hood!! I would love to see pics of your new lightweight hood.

Thanks for your sacrifice. If there is ever anything you need please let me know. I live in Orlando. If your ever in the area, you would be welcome to stay at my home. I even have an extra subaru you could tool around in. Take your pick WRX or turbo SVX. Oh yea, the Turbo SVX should have a cool CF hood by then.

Chuck

Red SVX 92
04-18-2001, 10:17 PM
cdigerlando: Indeed, it is quite a nice lightweight solution :D ... highly hazardous, yet very effective... I could swear the car picks up faster from a dead stop, but it might just be in my head; you never know though.... ;)

And I would have provided pics of my "lightweight" hood had I known people were interested in that kind of thing ;)..... I can't take a picture now, because the plastic belt cover has tons of bugs, and the engine top is nice and dusty... it's no longer presentable....

Also, thank you very much for extending your offer to me. I currently don't have any plans to visit orlando soon, but I may yet take you up on your offer. :)

cdigerlando
04-23-2001, 07:30 PM
Any word from Paul?? Any news on the hoods?

svxboy
04-24-2001, 03:54 AM
What the hell is going on with our hoods. I am getting a little t'd off. 650 bucks and no f*ckin update? What kind of deal is that.

suby_qa
04-24-2001, 12:24 PM
<<However, with what Paul's been through lately, I'm more concerned about his well-being than that hood.>>

What do you mean?

I think whatever it is, he better get over it. The crowd is getting restless.:eek:

Red SVX 92
04-24-2001, 05:50 PM
Suby: Follow this link to a thread on the General Forum

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=217

It explains what happened. It was a while back.

As for the status, I just called up the shop again, and it seems that there was a light delay, because they wanted to confirm that the mold was the correct design. However, the go-ahead signal has been given, and they're going to get them pumping out soon. I think the guy said a week before the first hood, and a couple days in between each one.

I too am growing weary of the long wait, especially because my car has been out of service since I came back from spring break. I don't like the idea of driving that thing when it starts raining. I really don't like the idea of driving that thing without a hood anymore, period, and I'll be leaving LA soon, so I need that hood big time.

suby_qa
04-24-2001, 07:55 PM
Let us know when you get yours. You should be first due to your sacrifice (no hood).
I looks like your the new hood leader by necessity. Just keep us up on what you know and that will help keep the crowd at bay.

Jaylinb
04-25-2001, 11:31 AM
Yes, please keep us in the loop! The body shop is starting to sound skeptical that I even have a hood on the way. Hope they don't forget whose it is when it finally arrives - I'd be so P.O.'ed if they sent it back to the manufacturer!

museumquality
04-25-2001, 04:43 PM
My friends here's what i know--
I've spent a big part of my day tuesday tracking as much as i could on our c/f hoods. i had great success and feel much better about our position as paid buyers now. :) i'll now share it in detail.
first off i called Perfection Performance spoke to Chris, he let me know that they processed our order through there credit card terminal, then sent the order off to Importfan.com, this company then subcontracted the work out to T.C. Spoliers is Santa Fe Springs, (s.cal). I called TC, they said there hands were on the hoods and production should be complete towards the end of next week, the first hood will then ship down the list in order of reciept.
TC has been paid in full as well from importfan.com. but did mention that the address to drop ship to were not in hand. i then called importfan back, asked them when they would send our address to TC, they said as soon as production is complete they will. i then asked if they could confirm our shipping address with us buyers. he said yes, just email a request from the importfan website, they will verify our ship to address and confirm with us with an email response.
go to: www.importfan.com / request confirmation on shipping.
if you want to call and check production on YOUR hood, here it is.
TC Spoilers 562-789-5584

i do thank you Paul for all your work, i'm sure everything will work out great for everyone. :)

Jimi the geek
:confused:

Rev Hard
04-26-2001, 08:13 AM
Well, Now that you all hate me...

I talked to Ted yesterday. (Wednesday) Heres the scoop.. *pun intended* ......

The original scoop they used looked bad on the hood as it was too wide. The new scoop is narrower and fits between the sprayer nozzle holes. Ted was at TC on tuesday and they had some problems with a guy named Samir who was handling this contract but left and basically left the project hanging. It is full force rolling now. and the first of the hoods are to be completed by the end of this/ middle of next week.

If you want me to get over what has happened to me .. Well look in the mirror and judge your heart before you go calling me out. I certainly dont appreciate that comment Bill. Ignorance is not Bliss.

Red_92 thanks for jumping in and filling these guys in for me. That I appreciate.

museumquality
04-26-2001, 12:01 PM
thanks paul for the response, soon enough this will be over and all we be good.
for those of us with the new hoods,
i have a vinyl cutter, computer aided.
i am designing a decal that will be cool to accent the carbon hood. it will be posted here soon. keep watch.
a sticker that mounts behind the front tire area, or where ever you want it. Stating SVX special edition carbon fiber, could be cool and be interesting, in a way these will now be special editions.
not to confilct with the svx club decal.
the decal will be made of carbon fiber look alike 4 mil sticker. it is u.v protected so it will not fade.
check it out soon, and also if you don't dig what i do, but like the idea, i can alter and do what ever you want, just let me know.

jimi and the fat chick

museumquality
04-26-2001, 12:08 PM
who has info on the subaru dealer that offers japanese issue parts. info was posted here on this site somewhere, regarding the emblem. i need to get the crome front grill .

drive fast and have a long week
jimi

museumquality
04-26-2001, 03:16 PM
so view it and let me know, i like it small & detailed, the vinyl is high quality, it will stay on through washes and weather conditions such as heat.
i stuck it to my phone just now and snapped a shot, i'm kinda lazy today and the phone looked like it needed it.
maybe think about mounting the sticker in a corner on the hood somewhere. hmmmm, i'm gonna stick one my carbon fiber toilet .
here are the colors,
yellow
blue
red
green
orange
white, (looks good on the c/f hood)

you choose, i'll charge you guys 2.75 per sticker, no ship chg,,if you want it redesigned some how let me know how and i'll tune it in for ya.

you guys without the hoods, come up with some good ones, i'll cut those up for ya too.

jimi the sticker shop dude

suby_qa
04-26-2001, 05:46 PM
That was the frustration speaking.

Jaylinb
04-27-2001, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by museumquality
....if you want it redesigned some how let me know how and i'll tune it in for ya.

Hmmm, maybe no line around the SVX part, and "special edition" done in some kind of script?
I am trying to think back on other special edition decals I've seen.

museumquality
04-27-2001, 11:47 AM
you can email your idea to me, don't worry about file format. if you are unable to create it, then just describe it to me.

jamesbrent@museumquality.com

svxistentialist
04-27-2001, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Rev Hard
Well, Now that you all hate me...

"After of all of the darkness and sadness, Soon comes happiness. If I surround my self with positive things, I'll gain prosperity" -Survivor -Destinys Child

Paul
Good to see you up and running, kicking and fighting. And a way better and more positive tag line.

Keep it up. The world needs fighters.

Get yourself a car yet?

Joe:)

cdigerlando
05-01-2001, 10:25 PM
Wow. Its been 3 months since we paid $650 for this hood. I hope it turns out good. I thought that this was being developed by that company fiber solutions or something like that. Come to find out it is being subed out to who knows. I hate to be so skeptical, but I have a bad feeling about this. Am I alone? I don't blame Paul, but there are a lot of unreputable body shops out their. I hope they know who they are dealing with. If this thing doesn't fit or looks like crap, its going back, or rather, they can pick it up.

museumquality
05-02-2001, 10:00 AM
and you know i feel the way you do. thats why i posted the number to tc spoilers for you guys. i called them yesterday and asked them, they said they should have the first finished wednesday, and start shipping, i bet they don't have them finished for another 2 weeks. i could hear it in the voices. they answer the phone like they just woke up from a nap, after eating a box of donuts.
i'll will call them again today, the squeaky wheel situation. Fock um, i'll keep calling daily,, so what, they are paid in full. they will find them selves in alot of trouble if they do not come through, legal trouble that is. i live 1 hour from the shop, next week i'll be in there area, i will get a full inspection report if they have not shipped by then.

cdigerlando
05-02-2001, 05:11 PM
Thank you very much for checking on this for us. You can tell them for me they better not send a substandard product. It will be sent back after talking to my credit card company just that fast!!!!!

museumquality
05-02-2001, 06:43 PM
i called today, they say they need a couple of more days to complete the hoods, he's not sure if they have the addresses yet, i'll call back tommorrow and find out.
WE WANT OUR HOODS
WE WANT OUR HOODS
WE WANT OUR HOODS
WE WANT OUR HOODS
WE WANT OUR HOODS
WE WANT OUR HOODS
WE WANT OUR HOODS
WE WANT OUR HOODS
WE WANT OUR HOODS
WE WANT OUR HOODS
WE WANT OUR HOODS
WE WANT OUR HOODS
WE WANT OUR HOODS
WE WANT OUR HOODS
WE WANT OUR HOODS
WE WANT OUR HOODS
WE WANT OUR HOODS
WE WANT OUR HOODS
WE WANT OUR HOODS
WE WANT OUR HOODS
my hood is off my car already, i put it in the rafters in my garage. half my engine is still out, but thats ok,, that doesn't mean i dont want my hood, i want my hood.

cdigerlando
05-02-2001, 07:36 PM
I saw a guy driving a camaro with no hood. I instantly thought of you.

museumquality
05-02-2001, 08:32 PM
i was at walmart and they have carbon fiber hoods available for honda civics and mitsubishi eclipes. they were displayed on an end of isle display, this little team member wal mart chick was washing them. they sell for 189.95, they have carbon in all colors as well, red blue green yellow. i asked a walmart team memeber to check his chart if they will get anything for the svx, he read through the list, ford escort, tempo, kia sportage, chevy malibu, mazda 626, miata, toyota camry. and a few more, then said no svxs, just impreza and xt. i said, what the hell, why can't anyone make something cool for our car, is everyone against this car?? he said , yes my friend, and now you have a big problem, there is no backing out, you are sucked in and the only way out is to completely remodify, and if you decide not to, the rest of your life will feel empty and incomplete.. you will now be forced to sell your soul for any modification that actually works. you will deal with satan himself, he will then issue you the mods you desire as you begin to part with the ownership of your soul. i asked him what would get me my turbo, level 10 trans, with shift kit, my carbon hood, my new head lights, my new suspension..... the list went on. he said i could get a great deal on a remanufactured, with all the upgrades and even more if i sign "the contract". i told him, to get lost i don't need this car, he laughed and said sure you don't you silly little bastard.. he said satan is throwing in a extra for the month of may, a wrx for the little lady,, jimi , what do you think?? NOOOO!! i can live fine with out the mods, as i cried and ran towards the door, the lady at the customer service desk (the fat one, you guys have seen her) yells to me,, Jimi you are the biggest pussy i've ever seen, i screamed leave me alone, i need to be aloneeeeeeee.....

just then this dude walks in front of me as i exit the door and says, jimi my friend, you know you can, i said what? can what? , you can do it, you don't need them, i said - whos them,, he says,, you can do it all and have your soul in the end, what?? who are you?? he said jimi,,, you dumb ass, don't be a pussy like the fat lady says,,,, all you need is this and he handed me a peace of paper ..

sh_t then i woke up,
if i have a continuation on this dream tonight i'll post it. Its all Pauls fault.

i gotta go to walmart now,
hahahahahahahahah

svxboy
05-02-2001, 09:21 PM
Are you allright man?

Red SVX 92
05-02-2001, 10:38 PM
*sigh* We got another on in the looney house. :D j/p

I'm itching for that hood.... I NEED that hood VERY soon.... I'm leaving LA soon, and they better have it ready before I leave!

svxboy
05-03-2001, 01:03 AM
We should all meet down in Cali at the shop and proceed with a group a@? kicking, maybe that will make them move a little faster.

museumquality
05-03-2001, 01:18 AM
red you were so patient then with paul,,,, now you see, you know these production guys are layin around the joint - eatin donuts and takin their f--cking time, why? because they are paid - in full.
i will not be suprised if you are hoodless for your journey. the hoodless svx man.
you didn't like my dream, ok, it wasn't a dream, but it could of been a good one if it would have had an ending.
i'm ok for now, if you see me posting ?s on wheres my hood 3 weeks from now, i won't be ok.
i will be headin down to the production shop as a representative of you people, whether we like it or not,
jimi gets down to business my friend. i am business.

this now hasn't really anything to do with paul (rev-hard) so don't put pressure on him, it is the production shop we should be pushing. like i said they are paid in full, buyin donuts with our cash, call them tommorrow like i will, let them know you are pissed, and as another posted, if the quality isn't there it will be returned for full refund.
tc spoilers number is posted on an earlier post on the thread.

be nice, and be a little different today, you drive an svx.
jimi and the blimp

svxxx26
05-03-2001, 06:59 AM
I didn't even order a hood and I'm pissed about it!:mad:

Jimi, your dream had me in tears!
Best of luck to you guys - can't wait to hear the next installment of this story . . .

Jaylinb
05-03-2001, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by museumquality
...you will deal with satan himself, he will then issue you the mods you desire as you begin to part with the ownership of your soul...i gotta go to walmart now,
hahahahahahahahah

Hey, I knew those Alcyone emblems were shaped like horns for a reason!
I'm anxiously awaiting my devil-hood as well. I'm okay with selling my soul - just as long as the car gets what it needs. Yes, the car... it is calling me... telling me to go buy Zymol wax and make sure to use those microfiber towels or it will detonate the tranny in front of all my friends...yes, I love my car. ;)

Seriously, though, why do you think I named the car Daemon?

svxxx26
05-03-2001, 09:33 AM
<<Hey, I knew those Alcyone emblems were shaped like horns for a reason!
I'm anxiously awaiting my devil-hood as well. I'm okay with selling my soul - just as long as the car gets what it needs. Yes, the car... it is calling me... telling me to go buy Zymol wax and make sure to use those microfiber towels or it will detonate the tranny in front of all my friends...yes, I love my car.

Seriously, though, why do you think I named the car Daemon?>>

Ahhh yes, it's good to be around people that think like I do! ;)

BTW Jaylin, let us know if you're under your car some day and see "666" stamped anywhere! :eek:

museumquality
05-03-2001, 11:35 AM
your right, and i looked into it, they are not japanese issue emblems, they don't have them in japan, when you guys call their and think you are talking to them, they say, ohhh you want one of those,,, hmmmm,, please hold, they then transfer you to the offices of satan, he has a commercial located near microsoft, they then take your order and begin there process.
horns?? very evil looking horns i must say.

jimi and the horny pig

svxcess
05-03-2001, 12:06 PM
here is another suggestion for the hood decal. You could offer the SVX logo itself in colors to complement the body colors, such as teal, blue, or silver. Just a suggestion.

museumquality
05-03-2001, 12:22 PM
i like it, let me burn one up, i have a great carbon sticker background, i think i'll try your design in also, oval shape, euro style.
look for it soon,

museumquality
05-03-2001, 12:29 PM
can you send me a clean copy of just the svx portion. as my cutter program needs to trace this, and the texture background causes conflict. just send me black text (svx) on white, i tried to work with it in photoshop, but i think its best to get a fresh copy.

museumquality
05-03-2001, 12:37 PM
i realized you want this to stick directy on the hood, i was thinking back ground carbon sticker, well anyway i'll put the demo on carbon sticker for you guys to view. we will use a uv strength vinyl, i can see it now dead center front of hood.
also i put your design on my desktop tiled it looks awesome!

Rev Hard
05-04-2001, 09:00 AM
well guys i realize its few and far between when i post anymore. and unfortuneatly i have no updates.

But, I would like to apologize for this mess. it was never supposed to go down like this. and i am truly sorry. i dont know what else to say except be glad your driving an SVX while im driving a CRX.... :p

and hey I am now handing over my hood to my ex for the svx and getting nothing.... If any of you remember i really just wanted to do this because i liked C/F now i get Nothing...

Paul
*new custom plates on the CRX "Lunatik"*

museumquality
05-04-2001, 11:10 AM
well paul thank you for the appology, but att his point you are not the one to be disappointed with. i believe you did the best you could, we are just waiting on the shop to get off their assessssss and do something. i've been calling them pushing them for updates just about daily, and the wierd thing is, its always up in the air.
i wrote that silly dreamy story because thats what this is begining to feel like, and the whole walmart thng, well thats just my luck, as soon as i get my custom carbon hood, they will start selling them in every department store. hahahah
paul you made it possible, we thank you, i will be sure the shop delivers from here on out. nobody worry

jimi