PDA

View Full Version : Initial planning for the Vancouver, BC, Canada Summer meet

CDG
01-27-2004, 05:06 PM
Here is the thread for the Vancouver meet.
first known:
1. Summertime.
2. Vancouver BC.
3. Grouse Mountain?
4.Capilano Suspension Bridge?
5. Westwood Racetrack???
6. Lunch, Dinner, both???

Alycone
01-28-2004, 07:46 AM
How about in the mid to late summer, so as not to be too close to Reno?

fKinger
01-28-2004, 08:09 AM
Wouldn't sometime around Labuor day be good? no rain, not to hot, after the PNE, Idunno just and idea...

Aredubjay
01-28-2004, 08:28 AM
Chris,
Good to see that you're getting the "Meet Juices" flowing in your area. I'd love to see a few more "pockets" of meets all around the US and Canada, much like the NWSVX club is doing.

Keep up the excellent work!

Alycone
01-28-2004, 08:32 AM
Labuor day be good

I wouldn't want to try to get through customs on labor day weekend, but around it would be good. Is your labor day the same as ours?

fKinger
01-28-2004, 09:36 AM
I think it's the first monday of the month, isn't it?

WestCoastSVX
01-28-2004, 10:56 AM
For reference, here is how the NWSVX schedule is looking so far...

Feb/March: Earl's fix-it meet

March/April: competitive event (more info soon heh heh heh)

April/May: Puget Sound driving tour (full on driving like Fall Colors)

Last weekend of June: Reno (not NWSVX, but a lot are going)

To fit in summer season:
A overnight camping tour like last year
Earl's famous Seafood Meet
Now the BC Meet

Oct/Nov: Fall Colors III

Early January 05: Awards Banquet

So you can see, if we want to give those who want to attend Reno their space, we have about a 3 month window from July-Sept to fit in three meets. The camping and seafood were both very popular last year and everyone wants to have them again. And the Canada idea seems to be on fire right now, so we should do that too.

3 months, 3 events, seems to work, but it is probably going to take a little skillful planning to pull off. ;)

CDG
01-28-2004, 05:58 PM
Holy crap, look at all those events. If I attended all of them, I'd be single pretty quick.:p According to Kim anyways.
I think she is just saying that....I hope

:D

Alycone
01-29-2004, 07:37 AM
What, car club meets don't make good dates? :confused:

What she needs is an SVX of her own.

seasvx
01-29-2004, 08:24 AM
great idea! it's been quite a while since I visited north of the Peace Arch and would really enjoy being hosted on some of the better driving roads around the lower mainland by the B.C. members of nwsvx! (..as i recall, there be good drivers roads very short distances from the main populations centers, such as up Horseshoe Bay way, in the foothills around Harrison Lake and on the way to some of the other attractions that have already been mentioned, yes?)

CDG
01-29-2004, 05:38 PM
As for the good driving roads, I'm not really sure they are that fun, but I'm not able to comment, most of the locations are in realatively dense areas, Harrison Lake and Horseshoe bay are probably good, but also very crowded on weekends.

Perhaps some other Lowermainlanders can comment?

p.s. I sold my motorcycle because there were no good roads nearby.

CDG
01-29-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Alycone
What, car club meets don't make good dates? :confused:

What she needs is an SVX of her own.

You're right Ali, she would be better off with an SVX of her own, but a car to her the alternative to a Bus, nothing more. Cars are pretty high on my list of priorities, but I can also respect those who do not share our passion for our vehicles:)

The rest of the world will just have to carry on envying us:D :D :D

Tim-H
01-29-2004, 06:02 PM
would the bc meet be an overnighter/camping meet as well? Seems like it would be a good idea so we dont have to rush through the meet, and none of us fall asleep on the trip back.

CDG
01-29-2004, 09:35 PM
A Camp over would be excellent, I think we can even camp at Grouse Mountain. I will check into availability of Campsites. And for those who want to take advantage of the exchange rate, there are some really nice hotels in Vancouver.

WestCoastSVX
01-30-2004, 08:21 AM
Yeah, I would definitely be staying the night up there somewhere, just don't get up to BC enough these days so I'd like to spend some decent time there.

Was thinking hotel in the city, but camping would be cool too. If we camped, we could even make that serve as our camping meet for the year at the same time (take one meet off that busy schedule). Either way, we have to do a camping one this year, because all those that attended last September said we had to do it again. :) If Nick isn't going to be around this year though it may not be the same though. :( Well, as long as we have Earl and Dan telling their old teenage days stories, it will be all good. ;)

seasvx
01-30-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by MacGyver
If we camped, we could even make that serve as our camping meet for the year at the same time :)

ensteele
01-30-2004, 10:39 AM
Stories? Well Troy, back in 06, Dan and I .......;)

Alycone
01-30-2004, 03:46 PM
Oh good, if we camp then I'll have time to visit the giant fish at the aquarium and eat at Death by Chocolate. :)

mbtoloczko
01-30-2004, 03:48 PM
Chris, are you still considering a meet this summer in BC?

CDG
01-31-2004, 10:21 AM
Yes, thats what this threat is all about, so the answer is Yes.

seasvx
03-14-2004, 09:29 AM
this thread seems to have gone dormant but the topic of a BC meet and camping trip came up over dinner at the friday nite mini meet. I don't want to influence anybody by name (Chris) but is this still in the works? sure would like to see more on this 'cause this is a great idea for a meet!:cool:

CDG
03-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Yes this is still on, or maybe better to stay back on, :p

I have many plans this summer that need to be sorted out, so picking an appropriate date would be the best.

As many of you have family, picking a US long weekend may or may not be the best option?

1. A US long weekend cause I'm bringing the family
2. A US long weekend because I'm not bringing the family
3. Just a saturday morning to evening will be fine
4. Just a Sunday morning to evening with those of us keen, will camp saturday night
5. Other???

So somebody throw up some dates:
I would say that end of July and beginning of August may not be at all good for me.

Oh, and anytime before this thursday:D (trany goes in, and works????)

seasvx
03-14-2004, 11:54 AM
i don't manage to get to the lower mainland that often, so i'd appreciate the opportunity to make a weekend of it, regular weekend or the three-day variety (doesn't necessarily have to be around a US holiday, i have vacation days to use). might be just me but i'm hoping jeni will want to come as well. so #1, #2 or #4 are great with me, as well as other multi-day options! thx!

CDG
03-14-2004, 12:28 PM
As I have found, when the spouses come allong, they tend to want to visit the mall, we have a pretty large one in Burnaby.

A weekend makes sense for most.

Lets see how others feel about a date, i.e. around a US long weekend.

I have vacation/flex days I can take to accomodate a US weekend.

Then there's the issue of Camping or Hotel for overnighters. Camping is the most fun, but if it rains, well then it starts to get a little different. Generally we don't see much rain in the summer.

I will be looking for some local camping that is interesting.

It has already been said that Capilano Suspension bridge, Gouse Mountain Gondola to the top, and lunch up top is a good idea.
There is also a great little SLOW drive around Stanley Park. I will post a map of the general areas shortly.

CDG
03-14-2004, 12:34 PM
Here is a map of the area:
Stanley Park is on the left, Grouse Mountain is top Left, I live bottom right near big Mall, Metrotown Ctr in Burnaby.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/CDG/15829.jpg

can't get the picture to imbed????

manofmayo
03-14-2004, 03:23 PM
What about mid september? The weather is usually really good until late september.

I don't think a US holiday is the best idea since most of us may be spending a time waiting to cross the border. How does Sunday-Monday sound?

WestCoastSVX
03-14-2004, 04:53 PM
Cool, glad to see this is still on. :)

My $ .02 - if it is not on a US holiday, probably needs to be a Saturday-Sunday thing. Well unless everyone interested could get a Monday off? Then I see the point, by going North on Sunday and South on Monday, the borders would be pretty clear for us.

If we did go for having half it on a weekday though, I'd prefer it to be a Friday/Saturday vs. Sunday/Monday.

Again, just my $ .02.

WestCoastSVX
03-14-2004, 04:57 PM
As far as dates and fitting in all our summer activities.....

August 27-29 is the West Coast Subaru Show, I think there are a few interested in going and we plan to encourage this event more too since they are going out of their way to get us there. There happens to be an incredible driving route Jim knows about to get there, and some great scenery too.

Earl is still figuring out the date the Seafood Meet can happen, and I think he mentioned it would be August (hopefully not the 28-29).

June is Reno, and several are going to that and making up to 2 week trips out of it.

So July, or maybe better yet September would probably be good for the B.C. event. :)

seasvx
03-14-2004, 07:25 PM
love stanley park. and granville island. and robson street.

Alycone
03-14-2004, 10:08 PM
they tend to want to visit the mall

:D I'd like to go to the mall, is it open in the evening, it'd be nice if we could go then, instead of during prime site-seeing time. Isn't there a bar or a movie we can ditch you guys at, or do you plan on shopping too?

manofmayo
03-14-2004, 10:33 PM
Shopping!
Ok....it depends on the shops...

CDG
03-14-2004, 11:52 PM
The mall has a Pladium, a Silver City Metropolis Theatre, a TGIF's, 250+ shops, but no liqour store. And my favourite, Su Sha Ya, all you can eat Sushi.

Stanley park is fun, and we could arrange for a meet at Granville Island, that is a great idea, but parking is usually tough, we may have to make some type of arrangement, not sure that can be done at Granville Island though, without $$$, I'll see.

WestCoastSVX
03-15-2004, 11:46 AM
Wow maybe this should become a full weekend 2 nighter type of thing! :)

WestCoastSVX
03-15-2004, 11:54 AM
More ideas....

If it did become a full weekend deal (2 nights, 2.5 days) with lots of different activities, might be cool to kinda plan it out to have a pre-planned schedule with designated times and places that each event is going to happen. Then people could look at it well ahead of time and decide when they can make it up there, when to leave, according to what events they want to be part of. Likewise, once up there, the group can split up (into couples, drinking buddies, etc) at various times to go do other things, and know exactly when and where to meet back up with the rest of the group for a certain drive, attraction, dinner, etc.

Make sense?

Lame idea?

Too much work?

manofmayo
03-15-2004, 12:22 PM
It sounds like a good idea, but I think it depends on the number of people we get.

Maybe we could have a core event each day, then just let people go where they want later in the day. Tho, we all seem to get along great together, there may be a drinking group, a shopping group and a do nothing group that will form without assistance.

I think it would help me out if a overnight location where chosen soon (and maybe a list of motels close by).

WestCoastSVX
03-15-2004, 12:39 PM
Yeah, my thoughts exactly! It seems like there are a lot of ideas being brought up, and maybe all of those will not be everyone's cup of tea. Or they may not be time to do all of them in even 2 or 3 days, so choices could be made by individuals, and split into two groups, etc.

I agree that everyone seems to get along good and we may never divide up, but with a set scedule at least if it did happen once in a while, the group could get back together easy.

I'm thinking mostly about spouses and family, while most of us have spouses that get along good with the group, overnight and multiple days they might start to want to spend a little time alone as couples, etc.

I'm thinking of it in terms of taking a cruise with a big group of friends or family reunion. You hang out with the big group most of the time, go to dinner together, etc. But at some point you wanna just go off and enjoy the great vacation spot on a more personal basis too. ;)

I agree that it would probably be a good idea to get the dates and lodging options down well ahead of time too. The camping idea sounded fun, but with all this talk about malls and bars, etc, maybe hotels in the city would be more central to our nighttime activities?

manofmayo
03-15-2004, 12:48 PM
As I'm thinking about this summer, I'm thinking I am more inclined to go to the meet in BC than I am in Oregon, esp. since the meet in BC is growing to be more than an overnighter.

Plus, I seem to have problems when I spend a night in Oregon. I always try to blow through Oregon in one day (or much much less). :eek:

WestCoastSVX
03-15-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by manofmayo
As I'm thinking about this summer, I'm thinking I am more inclined to go to the meet in BC than I am in Oregon, esp. since the meet in BC is growing to be more than an overnighter.

Plus, I seem to have problems when I spend a night in Oregon. I always try to blow through Oregon in one day (or much much less). :eek:

LOL Well I suppose you could always stay on the WA side of the river and just duck down into OR for the show itself. :D I think the fairgrounds is right there a stone's throw from the border.

Yeah, this BC thing is really starting to sound fun.

We aren't overwhelming you, are we, Chris?

Alycone
03-15-2004, 03:57 PM
I want to see the fish that are as tall as me at the aquarium. :)

CDG
03-15-2004, 04:31 PM
I'm getting excited.
It will be fun, Stanley Park and the Aquarium(its in Stanley Park), Granville Island, Capilano Suspension Bridge, Grouse Mountain.
Now for some camping and hotel/motel info.

I'm gonne go threw my Calendar and pick a date or 2, then put it up and see.
My biggest problem is I could get sent away on work. Nothing foreseable yet, but ya never know.

WestCoastSVX
03-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Cool Chris, thanks for getting into it and doing all this planning! :)

From looking at the events we have and talking to people, it sounds like September would definitely be best for this.

But if there is any time more than another you think you are less likely to be sent away for work, probably should think of that too. :)

CDG
03-15-2004, 05:06 PM
I agree:

How does a weekend in September sound?

WestCoastSVX
03-15-2004, 05:15 PM
On behalf of the wife I would like to put in a request for a Friday-Sunday meet either 9/3-9/5 or 9/17-9/19. (those are the two weekends she has 3-day weekends, the others in Sept she only has Saturday off and she'd probably love this meet) :D

The latter may be better since the weekend before the first one is the show in OR several have already expressed interest in.

Of course this is all just me and by all means you can ignore it! :)

manofmayo
03-15-2004, 05:44 PM
I vote for 9/17-9/19.

Harold

Alycone
03-17-2004, 04:27 PM
Same here.

T.McCaw
03-26-2004, 02:18 AM
Pick a date Count me in!!!

Tom

shelfy
03-26-2004, 09:07 PM
i just read this thread and i am intrigued. i am bummed cause i can't go to reno. i was in vancouver in october 2002 and absolutely fell in love with the city. i am going to have to seriously consider this meet!

CDG
04-15-2004, 09:24 AM
OK, It appears September is the Month for a BC Meet.
I attemping to round up a Yeti to entertain for us, but he gets booked up rather quickly.

I am also going to see who in the LowerMainland can sponsor us with some swag. And perhaps even a meeting place.

T.McCaw
04-15-2004, 09:07 PM
Count me in.

Tom

CDG
04-15-2004, 10:07 PM
Hey Tom, if you're ever in Vancouver, perhaps we can meet up. And likewise, if I hit Nanaimo

CDG
04-15-2004, 10:08 PM
100k Kilo=63.8k miles:p

Close counts in Horseshoes, Handgrenades, and Thermo-Nuclear Warefare:D

T.McCaw
04-16-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by CDG
100k Kilo=63.8k miles:p

Close counts in Horseshoes, Handgrenades, and Thermo-Nuclear Warefare:D

Sush...... the yanks won't know. Thats why they never come here. Once you leave Washington the tempeture drops something fearce.

Ps 62.137.1192237 but whos counting

Tom

CDG
08-02-2004, 12:35 AM
After a great Sefood Meet in Dabob, it's time to wake up the BC meet.
Concenses has the weekend of September 17-19

Showing up on the Friday night to either Camp or Hotel it is a great option.

$1USD= $18,000.00CDN so your money goes pretty far:p
(p.s. check the exchange rate closer to the meet for an accurate #)
Events:
1)Stanley Park with the Vancouver Aquarium will be one stop
Stanley park is on the map above and has a small water park for kids, 3 beaches, an outdoor swimming pool, and lots of rollerblading/bicycling trails. It also has many events and the Vancouver aquarium.
2) Granville island has several great clubs, a market, street performers, awesome restaraunts and a hotel. May also make a great location for the official car meet location.(I will check with the hotel and see what they can do for us on that weekend)
3)A drive up the Cypress mountain to view the City of Vancouver from above. This is about a 40 mile drive(round trip from my home in Burnaby).
4)A BBQ Lunch at Chris' in Burnaby. Also located about a 5 minute walk to Metrotown Mall, and a few Hotels, and Pitch and Put golf course(par3), another outdoor swimming pool, and indoor one, and more restaraunts.

So for some, arriving Saturday and leaving Sunday may be required, with that in mind we will try to focus on the Saturday afternoon to sunday afternoon events.

Questions:
1) Who will you bring that weekend? yourself? yourself and spouse? yourself, spouse, kids? any combo of above?
2) When would you want to arrive? Friday, Friday evening, Saturday, etc?

We'll get these answered first and go from there, I will start requesting some committed rates from the 2 hotels in Burnaby(near the mall and SkyTrain), the one in Granville Island, and some other options right downtown, for those big spenders.
:p

47 Days to the BC Meet

seasvx
08-02-2004, 08:57 AM
1) seasvx & mrs. seasvx - arriving friday / departing sunday (two enthusiastic thumbs up! i vote for a hotel close by your home in Burnaby that we can all get rooms at together.)

WestCoastSVX
08-03-2004, 04:55 PM
I have to double check our schedule, but I think it will be Mr. and Mrs. MacGyver for Fri-Sun. Camping would be fun if everyone wanted to do it (and it was a semi-scenic campground) but if some would prefer hotel, I think we should see about one "official meet hotel" and try to get a discount block of rooms. Kinda how they do it for Reading.

If we go up there, we will probably try to hit the Capilano Suspension Bridge and the Grouse Mountain gondola/ski lifts (did those about 15 years ago and have been promising my wife those events for 5 years now LOL). Might do it ourselves Friday during the day before meeting up though...

seasvx
08-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by MacGyver
a semi-scenic campground... ...a very ok idea too, i just didn't catch a mention of one in the post from our host. Chris, is that an option too? how many tents will fit in the back yard of your house?:p

ensteele
08-03-2004, 06:18 PM
Chris - do you have crabs?

oh, sorry about that. :rolleyes: ;) :)

SEA Sleeper
08-03-2004, 06:54 PM
This sounds like a great meet! It will also be my first time visit to Canada! I'm not sure who I will bring but I'm sure I will attend either way. Do I remember reading something about possibly visiting a Vancouver raceway/track? I think that sounds really fun!

As allways I am up for just about anything so let's get this show on the road! There is a possiblility that I won't be able to get the friday off from work but I can definately plan on meeting the group somewhere on Saturday! However, I would perfer to caravan up on friday morning if any of the other NWSVX members would like to.

I still have a little time to plan and get ready; I'm going to have my passport photo taken this weekend. Hopefully I will have it by the weekend of the meet.

As allways, I can't wait! This is going to be so cool!

-Elliot

CDG
08-04-2004, 12:31 AM
No Earl, there are no crabs in BC, can you bring some?:D

T.McCaw
08-04-2004, 12:36 AM
Ok ....I'm not up to speed here. Do you realy need a passport?

Tom

ps.Criss doesn't get down to the ocean much. City dwellers.

CDG
08-04-2004, 09:41 AM
Birth Certificate if you are born in Canada or USA, Passport if you are not.
You will need a ferry Ride only T.:p

jklmnopqrst
08-04-2004, 06:11 PM
COUNT ME IN!!... wait, I don't have an SVX anymore... damn... nevermind.

I'll be moving back to Moscow, ID next week so the idea of carpooling won't really work either. Unless, somebody wants to come pick me up!!! :) Just kidding. I don't plan on being SVXless much longer anyway... (when is that Whitefish Auction going to take place)...

Alycone
08-06-2004, 12:01 AM
Glad to hear you plan on picking up another SVX. You're moving next week? That doesn't give you much time to set up the East-side minimeet! :p

Hint to the boarder-crossing newbies: never ever say you're going to CAN to buy car parts, use the generic "visiting friends" as the reason for the trip. :rolleyes:

seasvx
08-11-2004, 01:13 PM
but i'm still the only one signed up on this thread! i know you're out there, i can hear you breathing...

1) seasvx & mrs. seasvx

ensteele
08-11-2004, 02:11 PM
Thanks for wakin me up !!!

And jklmnopqrst, I wouldn't hold my breath for the auction in Whitefish. :(

WestCoastSVX
08-11-2004, 04:15 PM
I think once Chris gets all the details set in stone (which since we now have a date and general location, will just be which hotel or campground is official), then we can set up a new sticky thread and make that the official sign up thread. :)

CDG
08-12-2004, 04:20 PM
1) seasvx & mrs. seasvx
2) Chris, Adam, and maybe Kim and Connor, but we have a place to stay, hehe:D

And yes, I'm thinking about the camping and hotel options, I will post some rates shortly for the local Hotels
fyi: Holiday Inn Metrotown, Burnaby, BC: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/1/en/hd/yvrbm?irs=null
and Hilton Vancouver Metrotownl, Burnaby, BC: http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=YVRVMHF

are the 2 I'm thinking about, there is also the Radisson nearby with a Casino:p
Radisson Hotels & Resorts
4331 Dominion Street, Burnaby, BC V5G1C7
(604) 430-2828
(604) 430-8556 (fax)
(800) 667-6116 (toll-free)

So if anybody has the inclination to check out these and find out which you prefer, I'll try to ask for some group rate:p :D

Alycone
08-12-2004, 04:29 PM
1) seasvx & mrs. seasvx
2) Chris, Adam, and maybe Kim and Connor, but we have a place to stay, hehe
3) Alycone (might drag along the fish or my sis)

SEA Sleeper
08-15-2004, 04:12 PM
1) seasvx & mrs. seasvx
2) Chris, Adam, and maybe Kim and Connor, but we have a place to stay, hehe
3) Alycone (might drag along the fish or my sis)
4) Elliot & Ashlyn :D

It's been years since I visited BC. I'm really looking forward to this event and meeting some more SVX'ers. As allways I will try and drag Ashlyn along. We'll have to see what her schedule looks like for school, she starts classes at Shoreline this fall. This is waaaay more important than higher education right? It's also on a weekend so I think there will be no problem.

How much cash should I bring? I need to start budgeting!

CDG
08-17-2004, 11:18 AM
We have identified a camp site nearby:
Cariboo RV Park and Camping (http://www.bcrv.com/)
And for more action: Granville Island Hotel (http://www.granvilleislandhotel.com/)

seasvx
08-18-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by CDG
Birth Certificate if you are born in Canada or USA, Passport if you are not. since we're all friends, can i ask a stupid question? i have a US passport that just expired this past April: i don't suppose it's any good for entry into Canada, is it? (i cannot find my birth certificate; i suppose i should order one...)

Earthworm
08-18-2004, 12:49 PM
It must be current/valid.

seasvx
08-18-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by CDG
We have identified a camp site nearby:
Cariboo RV Park and Campinglooks nice. is this far from your home?

also another lodging option: http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwes...pertyCode=62024

CDG
08-18-2004, 07:51 PM
The camp site is about 5 miles away.

PASSPORT? I think if you have a passport that is accurate you should be ok, I have been travelling to the USA on an expired passport for a while, but not sure on the rules the other direction, better ask US customs.;)

CDG
08-25-2004, 12:14 AM
OK, I have a plan of events:
Anybody can arrive Friday and I'll be at home drinking, looking out the window for SVX's
1) Saturday from 10am-12, Show and shine at Chris' place in Burnaby.
2) Saturday from 12-3pm BBQ at Chris' Serving rotisserie Chicken, salad, and (if Earl can make it) Crab.
3) Saturday from 3-6pm, road trip from Burnaby, to downtown around Stanley Park, over the Lion's Gate Bridge (no, not the one in SanFran), up the highway a bit, stop at Starbucks, to Cypress Mountain Ski resort, back down, over the hill to an evening dinner at the Fish house.
4) Saturday from 6pm -? Adults and kids will have dinner, the restaurant has an awesome view of Vancouver, weather permitting.
5) Sunday from 9:30-11am, Brunch at Chris' which will include all you can eat Eggo waffles and coffee, I'll try to round up some other food if I survive Saturday evening.
6) Sunday from 11-12, drive to Grandville Island, stop for lunch and a browse.
7) Sunday from 1-ish to 3pm go to either Science World/the Aquarium/the Space Centre/Pitch and Put/Capilano Suspension Bridge/???

This is the plan, and as usual its flexible.
Let me know what you think

p.s. my avatar is giving me a headache:cool:

CDG
08-25-2004, 12:19 AM
one more piece of Border Crossing humour for those who care:

Tip: when crossing the border, bring your own rubber gloves, because you never know where the Custom's Officer's have put theirs:eek:

Alycone
08-30-2004, 10:53 PM
Now you tell me! :mad: :eek: :(

T.McCaw
09-01-2004, 03:59 PM
And when they ask you if you have any guns. Don't reply "why what do you need?"

Tom

WestCoastSVX
09-06-2004, 07:08 PM
Unfortunately I can't attend this meet, but I thought I'd keep the momentum going. I don't see a recent sign up list, let's get one going so Chris knows how many to expect. :) (Chris, you can add categories, whatever helps you out in the planning)

1. Chris

CDG
09-06-2004, 10:56 PM
The weather outlook is Good.
The scenery should be excellent, and our CDN$USD exchange is looking... well, the weather is looking very good.

Let me know who's still coming?

1. Chris

T.McCaw
09-07-2004, 12:29 AM
I willcatch the redeye and be there on Saturday.

Tom

Alycone
09-07-2004, 01:30 AM
1. Chris
2. T.McCaw
3. Alycone

CDG
09-07-2004, 02:49 AM
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21170

Alycone
09-07-2004, 02:48 PM
But that thread links back to this one with the label "here is the official sign-up" :confused:

Are you trying to confuse all us yankies? :p

SEA Sleeper
09-08-2004, 05:28 PM
It turns out this is the only day I can move all of the heavy items into my new house. I was really looking forward to spending this weekend with all of you in BC but I have to get this done.

Have fun everyone!

-Elliot

CDG
09-08-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Alycone
But that thread links back to this one with the label "here is the official sign-up" :confused:

Are you trying to confuse all us yankies? :p

You are getting loopy Aly;)

Alycone
09-10-2004, 12:42 AM
getting? :confused: