PDA

View Full Version : Breaking UK car

TonyShaleUK
01-25-2004, 02:50 AM
I have decided to break my 'spare car'.

Most parts are available, altho' some have been requested.

The car is not at my house, so I will be going to get some parts from it on Saturday, weather permitting.

So, any requests for parts let me know by Friday. I have pm'd those of you that have already asked for spares.

Can't guarantee a response before Friday as I am working away at the moment, but I will get back to you.

Tony

Sonar
02-03-2004, 09:39 AM
Is it possible for me to buy the rims?

I only have 1 setup, and here every car needs 2 (for the winter tires).

I don't know what it would cost to ship them to Sweden, but I have not found any "other" rims that i like.

/Sonny

tone
02-03-2004, 01:43 PM
Hi Tony.

Just to remind you that I am on yellow alert.:cool:

If you sell the rims to Sonar there must be some twenty nuts left...:D

Getting more serious but with litle hope because everybody is/was after it: the power windows button assembly on the drivers side.:p

Mine is still working but will soon go as one of the buttons (front passenger window) is already failing whenever I pull it and misses the contact if I don't twist it.:(

Cheers.

:) Tone

TonyShaleUK
02-06-2004, 01:06 AM
I need the wheel for the time being, I'm afraid. However, when I come to get rid of it, I'll let everyone know and then wheels and nuts will be your joint first call!

As to the window switches, I have one enquiry already, but I know that one of the switches at least has broken. I'll let you know if the first person doesn't want the pack.

tone
02-06-2004, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by TonyShaleUK
I need the wheel for the time being, I'm afraid. However, when I come to get rid of it, I'll let everyone know and then wheels and nuts will be your joint first call!

As to the window switches, I have one enquiry already, but I know that one of the switches at least has broken. I'll let you know if the first person doesn't want the pack.
Thanks Tony,

I fully understand the current unavailabilty of the wheels, of course.:)

Regarding the button assembly it will all depend on which one is damaged.
Also it will be probably possible to swap parts between all the positions and so I could be ok with that one.:cool:

Let me know when the other person decides.

Keep in touch.

Tone:)

Green1995SVX
02-10-2004, 06:37 AM
I PMed you with another request, Tony. :)

Mike

Phil Hill
02-11-2004, 03:45 AM
Tony

Your PM box is full. When you get a moment........ ;)

Phil.

f1svx
02-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Hi Tony

I have been out of the loop for ages, good to see lots of names I remember. Can you get back to me regarding what spares are available. Look forward to hearing from you.

All the best

Graham (Taunton)
email
grahamheane@aol.com

Andy
02-27-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by f1svx
Hi Tony

I have been out of the loop for ages, good to see lots of names I remember. Can you get back to me regarding what spares are available. Look forward to hearing from you.

All the best

Graham (Taunton)
email
grahamheane@aol.com

Hi Graham,

nice to hear from you again. Sorry you couldn't make the 2003 meet www.guernsey.net/~linehan/stratford.wmv Any chance of an update on your progress?

svxistentialist
02-27-2004, 04:46 AM
Hey Graham

Long time no see.:)

How are Ann and Sam doing?

Did you bolt on that dirty great supercharger yet?:)

Someone in the states is planning on doing it, but no progress report there yet.

As Andy says, what progress?

Joe:)

bilko
02-27-2004, 05:13 AM
hi tony!! is the gearbox going spare or the valve thingy in the sump??? bilkox

pottsy
03-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Tony,

I'm looking at buying a car whose panels at the rear of the front seats are in poor condition - are the ones on the car you are breaking still available, and if so, are they in good nick? The car I am after has a standard UK spec interior.

cheers

pottsy

TonyShaleUK
03-12-2004, 01:07 AM
Hi there - I'm afraid that they have already gone.

You may want to try Simpson Bros - they have one being broken, but don't know what nick its in and what's left. 01759 372727.

Good luck with the purchase! They're great cars u- until something big goes wrong, then v frustrating!