PDA

View Full Version : Summer tires survey

Nobody
01-23-2004, 12:06 PM
Hi pals, here is my little survey in summer tires field

1. Continetal SportContact 2 - very very nice, quiet but too expensive
2. Yokohama AVS dB (S2) - have not seen them yet, very rare and hard to buy for good price
3. Sava Rapidex or Intensa - cheap tire (and looks very cheap), recomended by Joe, price is 50% less than Continentalīs

I plan to use my car as a weekend cruiser so I will probaly go for Sava (hope Joe recommendation is OK :-)). The most important criteria for me is quietness the next one is price. As I plan to do necessary chassis replacent (tires, shocks, brakes and other stuff I call "consumables") my budget is very tight.
If someone has other proven make, let us know.
Peter

Andy
01-23-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Nobody
Hi pals, here is my little survey in summer tires field

1. Continetal SportContact 2 - very very nice, quiet but too expensive
2. Yokohama AVS dB (S2) - have not seen them yet, very rare and hard to buy for good price
3. Sava Rapidex or Intensa - cheap tire (and looks very cheap), recomended by Joe, price is 50% less than Continentalīs

I plan to use my car as a weekend cruiser so I will probaly go for Sava (hope Joe recommendation is OK :-)). The most important criteria for me is quietness the next one is price. As I plan to do necessary chassis replacent (tires, shocks, brakes and other stuff I call "consumables") my budget is very tight.
If someone has other proven make, let us know.
Peter

Avs dBs are an all weather tyre, the summer tyre from Yokohama is the AVS Sport. They are probably the grippiest tyres available for the SVX except for cut slicks. I am more than happy with mine.

m.messenger
01-24-2004, 06:57 AM
Add Vredestein Sportrac to the list -designed by Giugiaro, good wear rate, very quiet, good in the wet, but around Ģ90 + vat.

crow_road75
01-25-2004, 05:26 AM
I'm running a set of TOYO Proxies T1-S directionals, that came with the car - they seem pretty good in both wet and dry conditions.

Jason
--