PDA

View Full Version : any Jersey or surounding areas

TomsSVX
01-21-2004, 05:23 PM
I would like to set up a meet in south jersey some time soon, i could get the owner of a local applebees to let us do it, i just want to know if anyone is intirested

RSVX
01-21-2004, 06:12 PM
many people in this area... name a date, and Im there.

TomsSVX
01-21-2004, 06:22 PM
i want more people before i set a date

RSVX
01-21-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by tomssvx
i want more people before i set a date

well, duh! Just letting you know that I am game when the date is set!! give this thread about 2 days, and you will be sorry you asked :)

Hocrest
01-21-2004, 08:56 PM
Depending on when and where, I may make the trip from up here.

LarryIII
01-22-2004, 05:12 AM
Rosie & I are up for it.
We had a small meet at Olga's awhile back. I think we had 6-7 SVXes.
Weekends are good.
Just say where & when, and please post it atl least a week before the meet.

TomsSVX
01-22-2004, 02:07 PM
i know olgas right on the circle on 70 right?

well anyways it would be held in manahawkin nj it's close to long beach island

RSVX
01-22-2004, 03:11 PM
i know olgas right on the circle on 70 right?

well anyways it would be held in manahawkin nj it's close to long beach island

yes that is correct, only Larry is forgetfull! The meet was at Ponzios (also on 70). I know this cause that was my little meet :)

rmjjensen
01-22-2004, 03:13 PM
I'm definitely in. Set up a date!! :)

TomsSVX
01-22-2004, 11:40 PM
by the way any other cars are welcome, just no **** cans, we can do without that.

LarryIII
01-23-2004, 04:53 AM
Chris,

You're right it was Ponzios.

Tom'

I thought that Manhawkin & Long beach Island were considered the northern shore part of NJ.
Also, I thought anything below Princeton was considered South Jersey.
Please correct me, if I'm wrong.

Larry( Here's where iii gets flamed) III

Tim
01-25-2004, 07:34 AM
LBI is pretty close so I would go depending in the date.

Subafreak
01-25-2004, 01:51 PM
I,m still waiting for the Wildwood meet. Where are you Mike?

Maybe youall can get togehter and make in one meet. I was thinking sometime after Reading would be good, but then again I'm not the one going through the trouble of trying to plan in am I.;)

Jimsbaby
01-26-2004, 10:24 PM
a road trip sounds good just post a date asap so i can get off work and i would really like it...im very impatient to wait till reading for the next meet around...address would be nice too cause i would need some help from good old mapquest (hope this time its right)...the sooner i know the date the sooner i know if i can go or not so count me as a maybe

Jim

TomsSVX
01-26-2004, 10:56 PM
how bout fri the 13th febuary that is morning time round 10 ish i will egt back to you all with an adress asap

LarryIII
01-27-2004, 05:03 AM
Tom,

That's way too close to Valentine's Day for us.
We have other plans for that weekend.
How about Sat. 2/21/04?

RSVX
01-27-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by LarryIII
Tom,

That's way too close to Valentine's Day for us.
We have other plans for that weekend.
How about Sat. 2/21/04?

No us for V-Day, but I will be going to Pittsburgh that weekend to pick up a car...

mikecg
01-27-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Subafreak
I,m still waiting for the Wildwood meet. Where are you Mike?

Maybe youall can get togehter and make in one meet. I was thinking sometime after Reading would be good, but then again I'm not the one going through the trouble of trying to plan in am I.;)

I'm still around. The Wildwod one Im setting up for end of summer. If I manage to stay in town for more then a week I could get more done. I just got back into town and was told Im going to California on the 9th.

mikecg
01-27-2004, 08:51 AM
O and if the timing works out with buisness travel. (ie if Im not out of town) I'll be there.

TomsSVX
01-28-2004, 03:17 PM
Ok i checked with applebees and they told me to use their lot there must an affiliation with the restaurant, so i am going to set it up in a public lot. OK all you really need to know is how to get onto rt 72 East. follow 72 east until you reach Manahawkin, follow that still to Long Beach Island, As you cross over the fourth and final bridge be sure to in the right lane, because you will be making the first right as soon as you get off the bridge.the lot is right off rt 72 so you will see me/us waiting there. After we meet up, I will lead a train down the island(it's like a ghost town this time of year). Once we are done with that anyone who wants to throw in some suggestions like getting something to eat or anything like that im sure all of us will be game. Now my count so far is 7 which is tiny so if you can find anyone else to come in any car(not garbage cans) they are more than welcome. If you need to, contact me at 609 276 7279. It's my cell so i always have it. Just tell me you are calling bout the svx meet.
Tom

mikecg
01-29-2004, 05:09 AM
Im gonna be out of town until March 5th......:(

DVegaman
02-02-2004, 04:30 PM
I'm in. Just post a date. South Jersey is perfect.

TomsSVX
02-02-2004, 06:08 PM
i also didn't think of the big v day either. Ok so more people can make it we will make it the 21st around 10am. another reason for the postponement is my svx in sitting up on jack stands and i have the tranny out of it right now for a gear reduction.

rmjjensen
02-02-2004, 08:46 PM
just keep us posted.......I'm still down for the meet no matter how small!!!!

Hocrest
02-02-2004, 10:24 PM
still may be making the trip....

LarryIII
02-03-2004, 04:30 AM
We will probably be there on the 21st.
Now to figure out which SVX to take....decisions, decisions, decisions. What's a person to do?

TomsSVX
02-05-2004, 10:07 AM
spread the word and get more people to come w/ any car but i want to the majority to be svxs my bro will probly show w/ his 300zxtt and his girl w/ a 97 talon tsi. I have a few other people comming w/ different cars so spread the word and egt the people together. its on for the 21st directions were posted before just scroll back.

Jimsbaby
02-05-2004, 06:27 PM
isnt the 21st the day of the other svx meet in western PA...hmm ya sorry i really wanted to go to the autoshow there too let me know if the date changes again and i see if i can get off to be in then but as of this date no go im going west not east that day:(

Jim

LarryIII
02-06-2004, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Jimsbaby
isnt the 21st the day of the other svx meet in western PA...hmm ya sorry i really wanted to go to the autoshow there too let me know if the date changes again and i see if i can get off to be in then but as of this date no go im going west not east that day:(

Jim

Jim,

Do you mean the Pittsburgh dinner SVX Meet?

The Reading SVX Meet is April 16, 17, & 18th.

LarryIII
02-06-2004, 04:49 AM
Oh oh, I think that I'm in deep trouble!!

Rosie just told me that she made an appointment for us this afternoon with a life insurance agent.
I better quit eating mushrooms.

I think she an Earl are secretly conspiring to corner the SVX market in the USA. :D :D :D

MoreIBNR
02-06-2004, 10:05 PM
Keep me informed on this meet - I might be able to make it.

Thanks.

Jimsbaby
02-08-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by LarryIII

Jim,

Do you mean the Pittsburgh dinner SVX Meet?

The Reading SVX Meet is April 16, 17, & 18th.

ya i mean the pittsburgh dinner meet, but i am very much looking forward to reading too hmm donuts....hmmm reading:D

Jim

TomsSVX
02-10-2004, 09:01 AM
SaturdayFebuary 21st

i am going to set it up in a public lot. OK all you really need to know is how to get onto rt 72 East. follow 72 east until you reach Manahawkin, follow that still to Long Beach Island, As you cross over the fourth and final bridge be sure to in the right lane, because you will be making the first right as soon as you get off the bridge.the lot is right off rt 72 so you will see me/us waiting there. anyone who wants to throw in some suggestions like getting something to eat or anything like that im sure all of us will be game. Now my count so far is 7 which is tiny so if you can find anyone else to come in any car(not garbage cans) they are more than welcome. If you need to, contact me at 609 276 7279. It's my cell so i always have it. Just tell me you are calling bout the svx meet.
Tom

RSVX
02-10-2004, 10:38 AM
SaturdayFebuary 21st

i am going to set it up in a public lot. OK all you really need to know is how to get onto rt 72 East. follow 72 east until you reach Manahawkin, follow that still to Long Beach Island, As you cross over the fourth and final bridge be sure to in the right lane, because you will be making the first right as soon as you get off the bridge.the lot is right off rt 72 so you will see me/us waiting there. anyone who wants to throw in some suggestions like getting something to eat or anything like that im sure all of us will be game. Now my count so far is 7 which is tiny so if you can find anyone else to come in any car(not garbage cans) they are more than welcome. If you need to, contact me at 609 276 7279. It's my cell so i always have it. Just tell me you are calling bout the svx meet.
Tom

Here is a Tip, Start a new thread, in the title put the time, date and locale of the meet, attendance will rise.

:D

robricc
02-10-2004, 01:21 PM
SaturdayFebuary 21st

i am going to set it up in a public lot...
I'll likely go to this. Count me in.

rmjjensen
02-17-2004, 07:17 PM
I have work this saturday :( .....what's the proposed meeting time?

TomsSVX
02-18-2004, 10:17 AM
all info for the meet is in the other thread Jersey shore meet feb 21st

RSVX
02-18-2004, 02:29 PM
all info for the meet is in the other thread Jersey shore meet feb 21st

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16347

See that thread for the updated info :)

DVegaman
02-18-2004, 02:48 PM
Is the meet rain or shine? The weather report is calling for showers on Saturday.

TomsSVX
02-18-2004, 03:32 PM
rain snow sleet snow and sun and snow its on baby