PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an Alignment shop

manofmayo
01-20-2004, 05:46 PM
Smart Service doesn't do alignments and Mike wouldn't recommend the shop they use for SVX's.
I've tried Les Schwab, but they told me some bs that the camber isn't adjustable.

Right now I have a slight pull to the left that is really noticeable on cruddy roads.

I really don't want to drive to BC just to get a good alignment.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Alycone
01-21-2004, 01:42 AM
I asked Carter's Subaru and they recommended a shop for SVX alignment in Seattle, too bad I don't remember which one. :(

seasvx
01-21-2004, 09:03 AM
I was very pleased with the alignment I had done on my SVX by Andrew Morrison @ Speedware Motorsports:
http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/

Andrew handled installation and balancing of my OE wheels after I had them chromed and did the alignment. I recommend his shop.

ChrisR
01-21-2004, 12:08 PM
I got my SVX aligned as Les Schwab last week:confused:

ensteele
01-21-2004, 12:36 PM
I had the local dealership in Burlington do mine. I was very pleased at the job they did. Skagit Subaru. :)

Tim-H
01-21-2004, 06:55 PM
I had Les Schwab do mine when i got it done. Try a different location.

manofmayo
01-21-2004, 09:41 PM
Thanks!

I think I'm going to try Speedware Motorsports.

ensteele
01-21-2004, 10:52 PM
Let us know how things work out. :)

manofmayo
02-07-2005, 03:56 PM
Finally tried Speedware Motorsports for an alignment on my 94. Awesome work. Very friendly. Prices for the alignment are a little high compared to Les Schwab, but considering that these guys do high performance vehicles and exotics, and they know what they are talking about, I don't mind the $20 difference.

5 stars!

SVXObsessed
02-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Hey thanks for the review! I'll have to go check them out for alignment. With my after market wheels its very shaky at about 55-70mph. I have all the wheels balanced and i have hub rings to soften it, but not much help. Thanks Again!

seasvx
02-08-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by manofmayo
Finally tried Speedware Motorsports for an alignment on my 94. Awesome work. Very friendly. Prices for the alignment are a little high compared to Les Schwab, but considering that these guys do high performance vehicles and exotics, and they know what they are talking about, I don't mind the $20 difference.

5 stars! mayo, your experience with Speedware Motorsports was identical to my own.

nwsvx members, check out meet suggestion #8 on this thread.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22624&pagenumber=3
i'd be glad to organize this if there is interest. i've discussed it with Andrew and they are interested in hosting nwsvx for a meet and a tour of their showroom and shop.