PDA

View Full Version : Brakes

RRX
03-22-2001, 05:11 PM
Im looking to get some new Brakes because my front ones are squeaking. Any recommendations?

svxboy
03-22-2001, 06:51 PM
You need just the pads, or rotors too. I am using the Raybestos Brutestop carbon metallic pad, and they work awesome for the money, plus I sell them where I work. ART technologies makes a very good carbon pad to and it costs around $50. They also make the cryotreated rotors that should be almost unwarpable, but they cost around $300 for the pair. I know Kastle ordered a set of these, I will have to find out how he likes them. He definitly made a good choice for rotors. - Greg

1994SubaruSVX
03-23-2001, 11:37 AM
i bought the zinc plated cross drilled rotors from dayle at motorsport warehouse along with some carbon fiber front pads. i got front and rear rotors and they cost $650 for all four. the pads were only $35. i am impressed with how the rotors are working. the pads do squeak a little but i have heard most carbon fiber pads squeak so i may go back to some nice oem pads just to see if there is a difference. i will tell you this, the zinc plated rotors look awesome. they are really shiny and the zinc plating will keep them shiny. good luck.