PDA

View Full Version : Head restraint adjustment ??

Sonar
01-20-2004, 11:59 AM
Ok,ok, I give up ......:mad:

I have read the "1992 Subaru SVX owners manual" , which implies to me that it should be the correct one for my car.... a -92 "ebony black" beauty :)

-But..... I CAN'T ADJUST MY HEAD RESTRAINTS !!!!!!!
I have not used a crowbar yet, but i'm planning to :p

According to the owners manual at page 2-7 "Power Type" and picture OM-5122 , they should be adjustable !!!!

How are your cars ? does anyone have this problem, or is it just me ? (or am I just stupid?)

svxcess
01-20-2004, 12:30 PM
The front headrests are adjustable, but only for angle, or tilt. The pivot point is at the bottom of the headrest. They do not adjust for height.

You should be able to grab the top of the headrest and pull it forward (or push it backward, depending on the position it is currently in). It is strictly a friction thing, so some effort may be required.

Sonar
01-20-2004, 12:47 PM
-I have tried the "tilt" version, just as the owners manual instructs, but they won't move!

I have tried with a force that almost bends the "steel rods" that holds them to the seat, with no success!!

Could the friction system that holds them in place, be totally stucked because nobody even tried to adjust them?

*where was that crowbar again ...*

ensteele
01-20-2004, 04:56 PM
Crowbar - oooops I mean Sonar - yours are not adjustable. Does that help? :D

Sonar
01-21-2004, 05:58 AM
-Soon they are ! :D