PDA

View Full Version : Power Light on Dashboard

Warren C
01-20-2004, 11:00 AM
Can someone answer a simple question......

What system does the "Power Light" (idiot light) on the dashboard monitor.

Tryed getting an answer in the General SVX Babble section...

But all I get in response is .......Babble.....!! :mad:

Warren C.

GreenMarine
01-20-2004, 11:04 AM
Hehehe, you read my answer at Smallcar.com didn't ya??? :D:D:D

GreenMarine
01-20-2004, 11:05 AM
What EXACTLY is it doing that has ya concerned??

Warren C
01-20-2004, 11:31 AM
Finally....think I understand some of it....except that I've been told this light monitors both the alternator charging circuit...and something to do with the transmission kickdown....or shift points...when the trottle is mashed hard.......

Think my problem is related to the alternator....my belt was slipping some...and the light came on while blipping the trottle. Probably at the same time the belt was squeeling.

I tightened the belt.....will keep an eye on the light to see if it's still coming on.

Warren C.

GreenMarine
01-20-2004, 01:45 PM
Good on ya man!!! You're on your way to becoming a SVX mechanic!!!!

Warren C
01-20-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Good on ya man!!! You're on your way to becoming a SVX mechanic!!!!

Yeah,

Already removed/replaced all lights... a broken radiator and fans..

Now if I could just find a hood......

...and figure out how much tranmission fluid to put back in....all those holes on the tranny dipstick are confusing......

And diagnose why the "check engine" light is on.....

Need to see what trouble codes the ECU is flashing....are the "test mode" connectors for the ECU in the driver's wheel whell area ...same as on a 92 Legacy.

Warren

red95svx
02-02-2004, 09:17 AM
The Power light tells you when the transmission has entered the "power" mode. This happens with fast throttle movements. In "power" mode, the transmission downshifts, then waits until engine redline for every shift after that. For example, you're crusing down the road in third gear. You mash the throttle quickly, the Power light comes on, the tranny downshifts to second, the car accelerates to redline, the tranny shifts to 3rd, the car accelerates to redline, the tranny shifts to 4th.

Dave

Landshark
02-06-2004, 09:01 PM
the power light means you're using the 'Sporty' shift map, as opposed to the 'Economy' one. no additional horsepower is added, despite some rumors. :)

Michael Blue
02-17-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by red95svx
.....the car accelerates to redline, the tranny shifts to 4th.......

.........At 122MPH!!

Yeah, who else has been in 4th AND in Power Mode? :D

Enjoying the 'X to her full potential, hehe.

Earthworm
02-24-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Michael Blue
.........At 122MPH!!
Yeah, who else has been in 4th AND in Power Mode? :D
Probably more people than you think. Mine would shift to 4th @ 200kph unless I had the shifter in 3rd in which case it wouldn't shift until 210kph.

Now I have to shift into 4th at 140kph :D