PDA

View Full Version : New Logo?

NorthwestSVX
01-15-2004, 12:17 PM
So I've always been a little "iffy" about the Northwest SVX logo, just something about it, the colors, the design, I don't know, just wasn't 100% happy with it. But I had spent so long making it and then when I presented it here no one had anything bad to say. (Maybe people here are too nice?)

Last night I talked to an old friend that now lives out of state and finally had a chance to check out my web site. He said the site was cool, "But what's up with that logo???" :D

He's a little over critical because he's always dabbled in graphic design and stuff and now works with it in his job, but still it made me wonder if anyone else was thinking the same way. Maybe even why merchandise sales have been so low?

Anyway, please give some HONEST feedback. If you don't want to say anything, you can just vote in the poll at least.

Thanks!

ensteele
01-15-2004, 01:59 PM
I have not voted yet, because I need to think about it some more. I haven't thought about it much. I will try to let you know asap.

CDG
01-15-2004, 05:14 PM
The new one is ok, but needs mountains in the background, I think Mountains are what makes the NorthWest unique.
My opinion.
I don't like the old one, particularily the green background.

Keep up the great work.

seasvx
01-16-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by NorthwestSVX
Anyway, please give some HONEST feedback.

So it's "honest" you want, hmm?

Ok:

Two Enthusiastic Thumbs Up for The New Design !

Perfect, just as presented.

NorthwestSVX
01-16-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by CDG

I don't like the old one, particularily the green background.

Now THAT'S constructive critism! :D Yeah, the color combo on the old one was the first thing my friend griped about too. And I've always kinda had a problem with it too, especially after I put the logo on a shirt I was wearing. :rolleyes: Guess what I was going for were colors that would symbolize the green of the land here and the blue of the water. :D

Another thing, maybe not a big deal, is the three states. Our group covers more than just the three states. The mountains might indeed be a good alternative to still get that NW flavor, but without setting any borders.

To expand on the mountain idea, maybe have the mountains going down with the ocean beside them. Nowhere else but the NW do you have mountains like we do so close to saltwater.

I've got a few other logo choices that myself and some others are working on, I'll probably put up another poll when they are ready and try to keep who make each one anonymous so there is no bias or hard feelings. :)

CDG
01-16-2004, 05:36 PM
My GF also has an opinion, the colours aren't right.
But Alycone is getting somewhere with the Mountain idea.

I'll see if I can find the mountains I like. And post

CDG
01-16-2004, 05:40 PM
OK, here's one idea: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/CDG/14210.jpg

ensteele
01-16-2004, 09:55 PM
:D :D