PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problems

RorySVX
01-14-2004, 03:06 PM
I have a '92 LSL. When I got the car about a year ago the driver's side shoulder strap on the seatbelt would not work. The guy I purchased it from said it had worked just fine until he had the antenna replaced after the car had been driven through an automatic car wash with the antenna still up. The shoulder strap started working again soon after I got the car. Now the stereo quits working. I get no sound, no light, nothing. Any suggestions?

Aredubjay
01-14-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by RorySVX
I have a '92 LSL. When I got the car about a year ago the driver's side shoulder strap on the seatbelt would not work. The guy I purchased it from said it had worked just fine until he had the antenna replaced after the car had been driven through an automatic car wash with the antenna still up. The shoulder strap started working again soon after I got the car. Now the stereo quits working. I get no sound, no light, nothing. Any suggestions?

Is this problem intermittent, or, has it simply died?

One thing to check is the ground. It may be corroded. If you pop the little panel under the E-brake handle, and look forward, more on the driver's side of the tranny tunnel, you should be able to see it. Black wire, screwed directly to the tranny tunnel.

RorySVX
01-14-2004, 06:59 PM
Is this problem intermittent, or, has it simply died?

It's intermittent. Thanks for the suggestion about the ground wire. Makes sense. I'll check it out.

Bobb
01-14-2004, 10:13 PM
Hey Randy, Is Bowling Gren, KY anywhere near where you live. Take care, BOBB

LarryIII
01-15-2004, 05:21 AM
BOBB,

Bowling Gren, KY is where the annual KY spelling bee is held.

Last year the winning word was "poke."
It's the meat that comes from a pig or hog. :D :D :D

Bobb
01-15-2004, 08:07 AM
Hi LarryIII, Is poke the kosher spelling for meat from a hog or pig? Take care, BOBB

Aredubjay
01-15-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Bobb
Hey Randy, Is Bowling Gren, KY anywhere near where you live. Take care, BOBB

Bobb,
It's about an hour away.

Rory and I have already been communicating. Bowling Green is my Hometown. He and I will likely get together when I go down there to visit family.

RorySVX
01-15-2004, 04:11 PM
Hey Randy,

Just curious. Speaking of the Bowling Green area and pigs, have you heard of the JHF club? I thought it was a joke bit I guess anything goes in Edmonson County.

Aredubjay
01-15-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by RorySVX
Hey Randy,

Just curious. Speaking of the Bowling Green area and pigs, have you heard of the JHF club? I thought it was a joke bit I guess anything goes in Edmonson County.

I have not, however, "Edmonson County" with the initials "JHF" dealing with "Pigs" . . . . Knowing the area, I can guess with about 99 percent certainty what the initials stand for. :eek: