PDA

View Full Version : JAE Billing, 24/25 July

crow_road75
01-13-2004, 04:36 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone remembers, but I posted some info on the Japanese Auto Extravaganza when I first joined the forum last year. It's a really good event (assuming you are into BBQing, drinking, camping and making gurgling noises over mad Japanese cars). Full info at their website: JAE Website (http://www.jae.org.uk).

If we want a pitch for this years event, then we'd better get in touch with the organisers sooner, rather than later. I'm more than happy to arrange this, I just need to know how many cars are likely to turn up, so I can pay the deposit (£1.00 per car).
Hopefully we can get a pitch next to the Toyota Sera Club that my friend runs (Toyota Sera Club (http://www.toyotasera.co.uk)) - (Similar windows).

If everyone who is interested in coming could reply to this thread, then I'll guage interest and get in touch with the organisers.

Thanks,

Jason
--

Andy
01-13-2004, 01:39 PM

Phil Hill
01-14-2004, 02:35 AM
Didn't we have a discussion about this just after last years meeting ?? Has anyone thought about a meet this year ?? Billing is near Northampton so it's reasonably central for the mainlanders, although not so good for the outlanders (Joe, Andy and our European counterparts) or indeed the Scottish contingent............

Any thoughts ??

Phil.

b3lha
01-14-2004, 03:22 AM
I was expecting Andy to repeat his favourite "Raw Furry Dawg" comment. :D
We're up for it.
It'll motivate me to give the car it's annual wash and polish. :eek:

Phil & Belha.

Andy
01-14-2004, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by Phil Hill
Didn't we have a discussion about this just after last years meeting ?? Has anyone thought about a meet this year ?? Billing is near Northampton so it's reasonably central for the mainlanders, although not so good for the outlanders (Joe, Andy and our European counterparts) or indeed the Scottish contingent............

Any thoughts ??

Phil.

Any time, any place, anywhere.

(call me Mr. Martini)

crow_road75
01-15-2004, 08:57 AM
Hi,

I'm going to email the JAE organisers over the weekend, and unless I have a flood of responses to this thread, I'll try and get a stand for 5 cars - that should give us enough space for any stragglers.

Jason
--

b3lha
01-15-2004, 09:11 AM
Come on people - STOP LURKING AND SIGN UP!!!!

This will be a good day out.

Phil Hill
01-16-2004, 02:35 AM
OK, so are we going to make this the "official" annual meeting then ?? If so then we'll aim to be there, job permitting.

I think we should try for a bigger pitch, lets aim for 10 cars this year eh ?? Can we contact all the "lurkers" and Yahoo remainders and see how many we get ??

Are we going to consider getting things like a banner, and flyers advertising the site ?? What is the copyright situation with the site logo and all that ??

TonyShaleUK
01-16-2004, 02:52 PM
Me, me, me, me, me.........

Andy
01-16-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by TonyShaleUK
Me, me, me, me, me.........

Have you got the video of the last one working yet?

TonyShaleUK
01-17-2004, 02:02 AM
Sadly, no. Have to say that since our last e-mail chain on it I haven't had chance to try again!

Andy
01-17-2004, 02:12 AM
I think that I hve the problem sorted. If you can give me the name & model of your DVD player, I should be able to configure a disc to work on it.

m.messenger
01-17-2004, 12:44 PM
I'm on.

Phil Hill
01-21-2004, 03:36 AM
Hello, Hello ??

Any other takers for this show ?? Joe how are you fixed ? Anybody spoken to Rich and Clare ?? How about our european cousins ?? Come on, you know it makes sense !!

Phil.

crow_road75
01-21-2004, 07:59 AM
Hi Everyone,

I've sent a message to the orgainisers of the JAE this morning asking for a pitch/stand next to the Toyota Sera club for approximately 10 cars.

Will let you know when I get a response.

If this is going to be our main meet, should we also arrange (for those who will be planning on camping) a social event in the evening - I was thinking a BBQ? Just an idea.

Jason
--

crow_road75
02-12-2004, 03:16 AM
Hi Everyone,

I received some information from the organisers of the JAE yesterday evening. The brochure is in my locker (as it's too big to attach to this message).

I need to do a couple of things:

1. Firm up who coming, currently I have as confirmed:

Myself
Andy
Phil & Belha
Phil Hill
Tony
Messenger
Joe?

Because we need to book the pitch and send off a cheque (it's only £1 per car, so I'm happy to cover it) at a minimum I'll send off a cheque for 10 pitches. If there are going to be more of us, then I need to know before Monday.

2. The form asks for two points of contact from the club - I am happy to handle all the arrangements, but need someone else to act as a second point of contact.

We should also have a think about doing something social on the Saturday evening... suggestions please...

Jason
--

Phil Hill
02-16-2004, 03:37 AM
Jason et al,

I'm happy to be the second point of contact, either PM me or drop me an email.

I've been speaking to the "owners" of the site intellectual property, like the logo, web URL and the like. I have outline permission to get a banner made for us to use, I'll get some idea of costs. I was also thinking of some producing some flyers with basic SVX info; specs, numbers produced, advertise the network, that sort of thing. Any thoughts ??

I was thinking of putting the details onto the Yahoo board for those who remain there, see if we get any more takers. Anybody got a contact for Graham Heane and Rich & Clare ??

If we can find out who has the "family" tent is then we'll be in for the full deal.................

Phil.

bilko
02-25-2004, 01:00 PM
put me down for some of that!!!! gonna be there!! if i get my gearbox mended!!!! :rolleyes:

svxistentialist
02-25-2004, 05:55 PM
Only three posts and gearbox gone already???:eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

Ohmigosh!!!

That might be a record of sorts!

;) :)

matt wildrnes
03-10-2004, 02:49 AM
hi i joined theform toreply to this post

jae is fantastic fun and well worth a blast
ill be there and if you will have me would love to join you ....

svxistentialist
03-10-2004, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by matt wildrnes
hi i joined theform toreply to this post

jae is fantastic fun and well worth a blast
ill be there and if you will have me would love to join you ....

Hi Matt

Welcome to the Forum, even if it is only to reply to one post!:D

Unless work dictates otherwise, I hope to be there myself. You are guaranteed a welcome, we would love to have you aboard, particularly if you are bringing the SVX. Contact one of the members above, Jason or Phil, and put your name down. You can contact them direct by clicking on the PM button [Private Message] below the member's post.

Looking forward to the fun,

Joe:)

matt wildrnes
03-10-2004, 05:24 AM
we hope to be bringing all the cars looking for a subaru justy at the moment too (want a convertable) ;)

we were on the lexus stand last year (in the rain )

is anyone doing japs at thoresbury park
that is a super weekend too the honda revolutions croud were a great bunch :cool:

bilko
03-10-2004, 01:05 PM
ill be there!!!! deffo!!!!!!!:D

pottsy
03-17-2004, 04:24 PM
Please include me provisionally for the meet. I will definitely be there but I have yet to buy my SVX - its close - I've got it down to a choice of 2 but both are over 100miles from home! If all falls through I'll still go up to the meet if for no other reason than to frustrate myself over what might have been - always the pessimist! :rolleyes:

Jamsvx
04-02-2004, 12:37 AM
Depending on work, money etc etc (considering it will only be about a month after we arrive) I would love to be able to attend

*keeps secret from Cassie....sssssh*

"WHAT!! We come halfway round the world, here 3 weeks and already you have found more of T H E M"

Def: THEM...a rare cult of worshippers of the SVX, prone to illegal U-turns in pursuit of the multi-windowed spectre from the East.

THEM...followers of the SVX, scourge of relationships - often more time devoted to polishing and transmission repair than human relationships

....opps....she heard me...gotta run!!!

:D

TonyShaleUK
05-03-2004, 03:06 AM
What are the arrangments for overnight stays? I assume that there is a camp site available and do we need to book a slot? Not sure that camping is best at my age, but my son won't let me come unless we do!!

Thanks

Start saying prayers for a good weekend of weather then.....

b3lha
05-25-2004, 03:07 AM
What's the latest?

You still around Jason?

Phil & Bel.

Arthur-UK
05-31-2004, 05:03 PM
I'll go, it looks like a good event.

Arthur

svxistentialist
06-23-2004, 03:35 PM
Is anyone doing background work on the meeting? Has Jason booked the pitch?

Is there a list of B&Bs or hotels nearby?

Has a meal or a BBQ or a booze-up or anything been organised for the Saturday night?

Phil?

Jason?

:)

b3lha
06-30-2004, 02:56 AM
The JAE forums published an updated list of clubs attending on 24th June. We are not on it.

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=150

The deadline for booking a stand is today.

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=134&s=1ec7ace22f0af0e467ba4ad9b03abea0

I'm guessing that Jason has lost interest.

Phil.

svxistentialist
06-30-2004, 03:14 AM
Phil Hil and I corresponded about this on Sunday.

Phil has emailed Claire from the JAE event. Have not heard the response, but at least they know we are interested.

Don't know what happened to Jason.

Expecting word from Phil soon.

Phil Hill
07-01-2004, 01:29 AM
Hi everyone

I did email the mysterious Clair from JAE, and to date have had no response.

I will keep everyone posted as to any response, but it may be time to consider "Plan B"........

Phil.

svxistentialist
07-01-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Phil Hill
Hi everyone

I did email the mysterious Clair from JAE, and to date have had no response.

I will keep everyone posted as to any response, but it may be time to consider "Plan B"........

Phil.

Phil

This contact number is on their site:
<<
Email me at claire.williams@the-organisation.org or contact me via mobile to discuss further on 07798600420>>

Have you tried ringing her to see what happened to our booking??

Joe

f1svx
07-03-2004, 04:51 PM
Hi Jason

You can count me in, my name is Graham from Taunton.

See you there

Cheers

graham

svxistentialist
07-03-2004, 05:03 PM
Hi Graham.

Man of few words.:rolleyes: :D :D

Jason has not been heard from in a while.

Phil Hill was looking into the story.

Hopefully he will be back to us soon with a positive answer.

svxistentialist
07-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Just checked back on this thread, and revised the list of possible attendees.

Some may have stated elsewhere they were coming, so if you are not on this list, and should be, please post here.

THE LIST:

Jason? 1
Andy 2
Phil & Angie 3
Phil & Belha 4
Tony 5
M. Messenger 6
Bilko 7
Joe 8
Matt Wildrnes 9
Pottsy 10
James? 11
Arthur 12
Graham 13

I don't know everybody's names, and have not listed all the spouses/friends for obvious reasons, but the above list could mean 10 cars and 20+ people, a nice gathering.

If we have a stand verified, then other past attendees like Rob and Ian should be contacted.

Hope it happens, looking forward to it.

Andy
07-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Sorry, not looking good for me due to work commitments.

Is that THE Graham from Taunton?

svxistentialist
07-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Andy
Sorry, not looking good for me due to work commitments.

Is that THE Graham from Taunton?

The same f1.:D

Sorry to hear you can't make it Andy.

Should be a bit of fun.

Phil Hill
07-05-2004, 07:34 AM
OK gang, I've spoken to the mysterious Clair. I have to submit the request for a stand by this Friday with a cheque to reserve our place.

Please could you let me know your plans, when you will be attending, if you are intending to camp overnight etc.

It will only cost me £1 per car for the whole weekend to reserve a stand, which I have to submit with the application for the stand. It will cost you lot (YES YOU !!) to attend, the scale of charges is as follows :

Platinum = Arrive Friday night, leave Sunday £30 (£28 in advance)
Gold = Arrive Friday night, leave Saturday £15 (£14 in advance)
Silver = Arrive Saturday, leave Sunday £15 (£14 in advance)
Bronze = All day Saturday only £10 (£9 in advance)
Copper = All day Sunday only £10 (£9 in advance)

I will not be paying these costs up front, if you wish to book advance tickets see the JAE website.

I would hate to book a 13 car stand to only have 3 or 4 cars turn up, equally I don't want to book a 5 car stand and everyone turn up, so please, please help me out with this.

IF I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM YOU BY WEDNESDAY I'LL ASSUME YOU ARE NOT COMING !!

Personally I think Angie and I will be either arrive Friday leave Saturday, or arrive Saturday leave Sunday as we have a family birthday to attend in Norfolk on Sunday afternoon.

Phil.

TonyShaleUK
07-05-2004, 08:11 AM
Well done Phil!

I'm in - I shall do Saturday and Sunday, weather permitting!!

Tony

b3lha
07-05-2004, 09:26 AM
Belha & I will be there Saturday and Sunday, but we're not camping.

I'll contact Matt and see if he is planning to come along.

Phil.

svxistentialist
07-05-2004, 03:13 PM
Thanks Phil, good work getting that organised.

I will be there for the fun, but unfortunately I will not be able to show my [damaged] SVX. The main reason for my trip over is to collect the "parts" car for the repair job.

Right now, I don't even have ferries booked, and although I have two suitable trailers to travel, I have not got a line on a robust tow vehicle, neither of our cars having a hitch. Long story short, it's too early for me to say which days I will be certain to attend.

At a guess, I will travel late Thursday, and load the car Friday. Then stay somewhere local in Bristol, having parked the car & trailer somewhere safe. Travel to JAE Saturday, spend all day with the crew, and hopefully we will have a meal or a BBQ or a few drinks or something Saturday night. Sunday morning head back to Bristol, pick up the trailer and head for the ferry.

Essentially I need a Silver or a Bronze ticket, depending whether I camp Saturday night. Might do, could be fun. Do I pay for the tickets via the website, or do they post them or what?

Joe:D

svxistentialist
07-05-2004, 03:28 PM
Phil,

Just to see how many are interested, I am going to send an email and a PM to all those listed as interested above looking for response on the number of cars by Wednesday.

We already know Andy is out, and I will be coming with no car, and James may be coming[will confirm this week] who also has no car.

Phil & Angie have confirmed
Phil & Belha have confirmed.
Tony has confirmed.
Graham Heane is 99% definite, I will ask him to confirm.

That leaves

Jason
M. Messenger
Bilko
Matt Wildrnes {I assume Phil & Belha checking this?}
Pottsy, and
Arthur

to be notified and needing confirmation.
These I will PM, including Graham.

Tony, as you have last year's list, could you check if Rob and Ian Norris are interested in coming for any of the dates?

Joe

TonyShaleUK
07-05-2004, 03:50 PM
I think that I have the list somewhere.

I'll see if I can dig it out and let you know.

svxistentialist
07-05-2004, 04:10 PM
Thanks Tony

Those mentioned above now notified by email and/or PM.

For those who receive both, please excuse the redundancy and the waste of bandwidth. No way of knowing which you might receive or respond to first, and as time is of the essence, it's just a belt'n'braces approach. Don't wish to annoy or offend.

Tony, if you get word to Rob and Ian, that will be everyone, I think? Are there people we missed who were at either of the last two years' meets?

Joe

Arthur-UK
07-05-2004, 04:14 PM
I'll go for arrival on Saturday, not sure if I will camp over or not, but the BBQ sounds like agood idea.
Recently got back from 6 days camping at Le Mans, but that was using the Forester stuffed to the roof with everything including the kitchen sink.

Arthur

svxistentialist
07-05-2004, 06:30 PM
Thanks Arthur

So far that's five cars confirmed for the Saturday anyway.

TonyShaleUK
07-06-2004, 01:19 AM
Joe,

Just mailed Rob and Ian. Also found Rich and Clare's mail, so sent to them as well.

That's all of the others in my list.

Keep you posted.

svxistentialist
07-06-2004, 01:55 AM
That's good Tony.

Five cars so far, and counting.....:)

b3lha
07-06-2004, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by svxistentialist
[B]Matt Wildrnes {I assume Phil & Belha checking this?}

Joe,

I was referring to Matt Hayes.

A guy who lives not far from us and has a nice black '93 import with a spoiler. He turned up at the last meet just as we were all about to go home.

I've shown him the website but he hasn't registered here. I don't think he uses his computer much.

Phil.

svxistentialist
07-06-2004, 11:42 AM
That's one potential other I had not counted in the original list.

There is also the possibility of Ian or Rob or Rich & Claire coming, would be nice to see any or all of them.:D

I had PM'd Matt Wildrnes anyway but no reply yet.

Still waiting on replies from

Pottsy
Matt
Bilko
Jason
and the latter three
Ian
Rob
Rich and Claire
and the other Matt

TonyShaleUK
07-07-2004, 12:53 AM
Reply from Ian - he can't make it as there is a classic car event on in Le Mans. Guess that beats Billing Aquadrome as a venue?!:D

Also a reply from Rob - I directed him to this thread, so he may pop up!

Tony

b3lha
07-07-2004, 03:42 AM
I called Matt, he seems interested, but didn't give a definite yes or no.
I also emailed a few people I've corresponded with before:

Barry Castle (Bazzis2), from Rob's yahoo site, said he'll come if the weather's good.
Paul (PWA1X) can't make it and is selling his SVX on ebay.
No response yet from Ashley Winston.

So I guess that's two maybes.

Are we going to book the number who say yes, or have a few extra contingency spaces and share the cost between everyone who turns up? An extra couple of quid split at least five ways won't break the bank.

Has anybody tried ChrisSVX, with the original press car?

Phil.

svxistentialist
07-07-2004, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by b3lha
I called Matt, he seems interested, but didn't give a definite yes or no.
I also emailed a few people I've corresponded with before:

Barry Castle (Bazzis2), from Rob's yahoo site, said he'll come if the weather's good.
Paul (PWA1X) can't make it and is selling his SVX on ebay.
No response yet from Ashley Winston.

So I guess that's two maybes.

Are we going to book the number who say yes, or have a few extra contingency spaces and share the cost between everyone who turns up? An extra couple of quid split at least five ways won't break the bank.

Has anybody tried ChrisSVX, with the original press car?

Phil.

I think that's the way to go Phil. Book for seven or eight anyway. If the weather is really good, 4 or 5 could turn up, and there be no space on the stand for them.

I was trying to think of Chris's Network name. He had mechanical trouble on the way two years ago, and I had to leave for a ferry before he arrived. Will try a PM to him.

Joe

Phil Hill
07-07-2004, 02:35 PM
Well it's one better than 7-up I guess !!

OK, I'll fill in the form for 8 cars and get it in the post 1st class tomorrow morning, I walk right past the sorting office anyway. I'll back that up with an email to Clair.

Will keep you all posted.

Phil.

svxistentialist
07-07-2004, 03:43 PM
Thanks Phil

It's quite possible that if more than eight turn up, some of those leaving on the Sunday would be replaced by the "extras"

But that's another day's work.

Good to get it this far.

brettzx12@yahoo
07-07-2004, 05:56 PM
Hi all from brettzx12 I am in the midell of poting a manual box in my ebony svx it is out of a wrx 1999 one box dif driveshafts if it is finisht in time hi will be there chach you agane brettzx12 92 svx 1990 mazda unos cosmo twin terbow

b3lha
07-08-2004, 04:28 AM
I got an email back from Ashley Winston:

He doesn't have his SVX any more, he now drives a 1964 Mustang. So that's another no.

He did say that if we ever go to the Jap Night at the Ace Cafe then he'd come along and say hello.

SVXcase
07-10-2004, 11:35 AM
Hello everybody,
I'm the Matt with the black '93 import. I have met some of you cos I made made it for the last ten minutes at the heretige center last year. Sorry not to have let you know sooner but I have now decided to do the Saturday, I will be coming with a mate who will be in his twin turbo Supra (not an SVX but quiet nippy nonetheless). If there is no room at the inn then that will be my fault for not getting my **** together and if there is then I'll have to wash the old girl.

svxistentialist
07-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Hi Matt,

Wash the car.

Phil has booked for eight spaces on the stand. Confirmed to date are five.

There are a couple of possibles, but if you say you'll be there, a space is yours. First come first served.

We can't have Toyotas on the stand, no matter how fast. We're not bigoted, but it's a heresy thing.:D [And if we were to allow Toyotas, the Soarer would be the nearest soul-mate:rolleyes: :D ]

Looking forward to seeing you there.

PS The get-together will be Saturday night. You staying over till Sunday??

pottsy
07-11-2004, 05:19 AM
Joe, et al

Work has taken me out of the country for last couple of weeks - hence little movement on taking car pics for you - I will do it!!

I realise I'm a little late now for the JAE meet paperwork - I WILL be there - not sure which day we'll attend yet. We shall not overnight, too much of a pain with 2 young kids.

Happy to remove the bit Tony wanted - however - will need guidance on where it is etc under the bonet and what tools to take with me.

Pottsy:

TonyShaleUK
07-11-2004, 05:36 AM
Welcome back - I know the feeling......

You will need to remove the battery and tray (on my car I needed a 10mm spanner/socket).

Then low down between the cam cover bulges you will see one of the ignition cables leading into a black coloured box retained by a 12mm bolt - ring or open end spanner ok for this. Undo this and wiggle the bolt whilst pulling on it to pull the unit off the spark plug.

Trace the wire back to the back of the engine - there are three colour-coded connectors there. You will need an electricians flat bladed screwdriver to poke into the top of the connector to release the clip whilst pulling the connector up. Hey presto!

Thanks for your help.

Tony

TonyShaleUK
07-11-2004, 07:06 AM
Questions on the event...

I can't find anything about camping facilities at the event. Or is it me?

Also, do we pay on th gate or have to get advance tickets?

TonyShaleUK
07-11-2004, 03:14 PM
Pottsy & Joe, see thread about the coil pack

b3lha
07-12-2004, 02:24 AM
I got an email back from Aubrey Taylor, he's been away for a while and didn't know about the meet. Unfortunately he can't make as he's away that weekend.

Matt - Glad you can make it. There are some Supra clubs attending so your mate should be able to find a parking space. If not then he'll just have to trade it in for an SVX. :p

Phil.

Phil Hill
07-12-2004, 04:32 AM
Progress :

New tent : Check !
New stove : Check !
New airbed : Check !
Sleeping bags : Check !
Wash car : Check !

Confirmation from Claire : sadly lacking.

I'll call her today and make sure we are on course.

Will keep you posted.

Phil.

Phil Hill
07-12-2004, 07:11 AM
I've just spoken to Claire, and we're in !!

She seems not to be able to get any email to me..... (mumble, mumble, firewalls, security mumble, mumble) but she will be revising the map again on the JAE website this week.

Camping appears to be ad-hoc, no alocated spaces as such, although if we're camping on or near the stand we're supposed to be in place by 9am............ I guess those who are camping will wing it abit on the day. When we arrive you're supposed to buy the correct ticket then, so if camping say to the marshal you want a £15 two day ticket and camping is included in that.

All the charges are on a "per car" basis not "per person" so it's £10 per car per day, and £15 per car for two days including camping.

So next question is does anyone have an awning or suitable temporary structure we can "camp out" in on the stand, to sit and drink coffee/beer/insert drink of choice while the masses admire the cars, (or more likely sit in to avoid the rain !!) ??

Should I look further into getting an "SVX World Network" banner made ??

Any other questions/queries ??

Phil.

SVXcase
07-12-2004, 10:19 AM
No you misunderstand I was thinking he could stay in the car park or go and sit with his filthy straight six friends. To allow a toyota next to a proper car could risk cross infection, its just that he only lives round the corner from Billing and has a well stocked drinks cabinet.
Look foreward to seeing you all and I daresay if there is revellry on Saturday we'll hang around and join in.

svxistentialist
07-12-2004, 03:14 PM
Thanks Phil

Good work on the logistics so far.

Don't have an awning or anything like that, maybe some of the local guys can chip in and say what they are bringing/can bring.

I can bring some beer/and/or wine for the BBQ, but perhaps if we are cooking out,buying some stuff locally on the Saturday would be in order, provided we know the numbers coming, and get it achieved before five o'clock or so.

The Network banner would give a professional look to it. Whatever it costs, I will contribute a percentage. Pretty sure a few more of our regulars will ante up also. Do a price call on it, and say how much you need from how many.

Somebody needs to bring a cooking device. Any takers?:D

Looking forward to it already.

Phil Hill
07-13-2004, 01:15 AM
I was thinking on the right lines, but the words escaped me : Gaziebo, that's what I meant to say. We've seen some reasonably priced but realatively low quality ones, but if anyone has one then it'll save another purchase.

Will investigate the banner idea and get a price, also time scale may be an issue now.

If we are planning to BBQ I guess we are going to need either a Hibachi type jobbie or disposables. I'll check the rules and regulations to see what we're allowed to do..............

TonyShaleUK
07-13-2004, 10:52 AM
I can borrow a 10' square gazebo, but it isn't waterproof!! I'll bring it anyway, assuming I can get it, the camping gear, passenger(s) and me in all at the same time!

SVXcase
07-13-2004, 12:31 PM
Like the sound of the banner hope you can get it done in time, those exhibition graphics boys are used to doing banners on PVC and also working to tight deadlines. If you do get it done I would be glad to chip in. As for cooking gear I would offer but with my time keeping I would probably only end up doing Sunday supper.
Cheers, Matt.

Phil Hill
07-15-2004, 12:56 AM
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Phil_Hill/19407.doc

Phil Hill
07-16-2004, 10:10 AM
I've just been quoted £120 + vat for a 3m long 50cm high banner with the site logo and words "SVX World Network" on..........

I'll be seeking alternate quotes !!

Phil.

Phil Hill
07-19-2004, 08:34 AM
Getting better, latest quote was £75 + the dreaded..........

Phil.

Phil Hill
07-20-2004, 11:42 AM
Ok, banner is ordered, will be ready Friday. Cost is £75+vat for anyone wanting to contribute.

We need to sort out if anyone will bring a Gazebo, Tony are you ok with that ??

We need to sort out who is going to stay for food Saturday, are we going to bbq, and if so are we bringing our own, or someone brings sausages, someone brings salad, someone brings burgers etc ?? Anyone want to be in charge of food and ents ??

It's not too late to say your coming, we have a pitch for 8 cars so should be room........

Phil.

svxistentialist
07-20-2004, 12:12 PM
Phil,

I will have a party of four, James [jamsvx] and his wife Cassie, my son John and me.

Take it for granted I will bring some wine and some beer, probably some crisps and dip also.. As we are coming a distance, the perishables are not so easy, and could spoil in the car.
[Come to think of it, the wine might not last either...;) :D :D ]

We will naturally be staying for the BBQ Saturday and the fun, but we are booked into a local hotel overnight, the Northampton Moat House. We have to leave Sunday sharpish to get back to the ferry.

I will be hauling the black SVX, and don't know yet if I can get it on site at all without sinking, or need to park it in the hotel carpark.

Either way looking forward to it. Will contribute to the banner, well done getting it organised.

Ta

TonyShaleUK
07-20-2004, 02:27 PM
Hi all.

Got the gazebo in the car from friend today. I'll chip in for the banner as well.

I've got some stuff in the freezer, so will bring that - best for everyone to bring their own then just put it in the middle and all dive in?!:D

I assume disposable BBQs ok?

Do we have to book a pitch for tents??

What sort of time are we planning to be there? I'm only about an hour away (traffic permitting!), but have to raise my teenager from that haven of bed before I can start out!!

Now, who's organising the weather.......?:rolleyes:

See y'all Saturday (sorry, got a bit 'cross the pondish'!!)

b3lha
07-21-2004, 03:07 AM
Hi everyone,

Well done on the banner Phil, we'll chip in too.

JAE have released a site plan and we seem to have pride of place as the first club people will see as they enter the field (stand 28):

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/media/JAE2004Bulletin7.pdf

We're planning to get there around 9ish on Saturday morning.

We don't eat meat, so we're going to skip the barbeque and head into Northampton for the evening meal. We're staying overnight in a hotel.

Time to go and give the car it's annual clean. :rolleyes:

Phil & Belha.

TonyShaleUK
07-21-2004, 04:51 AM
We'll be there for about the same time - 9ish.

Hope for good weather - at least no rain!!

svxistentialist
07-21-2004, 07:17 AM
We won't be there that early. I have to haul the trailer from Bristol.

Will be chatting to Graham tonight, will check what time he intends being there Saturday.

Also, I may ring that organiser person Claire. No problem with paying in for the car, but with the trailer I would be hoping she can point me in the direction of a hard surface to park it on for the day
[Where everybody can come over and admire my new purchase :D ]

AND, I can argue with Angela as to whether it's red or black!:) ;)

Nobody
07-21-2004, 08:38 AM
Damn, it seems you will all have a good time, so do not forget about us, staying on continet:-))(make a toast for all who are not with you:-))) as I think most of us would be really with you...
Peter

TonyShaleUK
07-21-2004, 09:34 AM
We'll send you the bill for the drinks so that you can really feel part of it!!;)

I'm sure that there will be plebty of photos after the event

Arthur-UK
07-22-2004, 01:53 AM
Hi, I will arrive about 11am Saturday. I will stay until the BBQ is finished and then I will be driving up to Leeds. I will bring a tray of beer, do we need anything else (that doesnt sound right!).

The JAE plan is amazing it will take all day to look around.

Tony the car I looked at was still parked up a couple of days ago !

TonyShaleUK
07-22-2004, 12:31 PM
Sounds like you have your priorities righ - except for driving afterwards!! :D

I e-mailed him and he said he would let me know if there were any problems. Thanks for the heads-up tho'. Might send him a reminder after the weekend.

oab_au
07-22-2004, 04:41 PM
Phil,

I will have a party of four, James [jamsvx] and his wife Cassie, my son John and me.

Take it for granted I will bring some wine and some beer, probably some crisps and dip also.. As we are coming a distance, the perishables are not so easy, and could spoil in the car.
[Come to think of it, the wine might not last either...;) :D :D ]

We will naturally be staying for the BBQ Saturday and the fun, but we are booked into a local hotel overnight, the Northampton Moat House. We have to leave Sunday sharpish to get back to the ferry.

I will be hauling the black SVX, and don't know yet if I can get it on site at all without sinking, or need to park it in the hotel carpark.

Either way looking forward to it. Will contribute to the banner, well done getting it organised.

Ta

Wish I was there,:( .
Have a blinder you blokes and a couple for me. Watch out for James, after a few. He's a real party hog. :D

Harvey.;)

svxistentialist
07-22-2004, 05:00 PM
Thanks Harvey

We'll keep him on a real short rein.

JDW-SVX
07-22-2004, 06:31 PM
Phil,

.......I wish I was there too!

I expect to see plenty of photos!

Jason.

TonyShaleUK
07-23-2004, 02:48 AM
Andy has very kindly donated a prize for the competition winner at this years' bash. I have it in my sticky mitts as I type.

Now all we need is to devise a competition! Get the thinking caps on folks...otherwise the prize defers to me!! :D

Andy, thanks for your generous donation.

b3lha
07-23-2004, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by TonyShaleUK
Andy has very kindly donated a prize for the competition winner at this years' bash. I have it in my sticky mitts as I type.

Now all we need is to devise a competition! Get the thinking caps on folks...otherwise the prize defers to me!! :D

Andy, thanks for your generous donation.

Nice one Andy!

How about everyone covers their mileage with some tape (so nobody else can see it) and we try to guess nearest the total.

TonyShaleUK
07-23-2004, 08:00 AM
I like that - nice and simple....

By the way, the prize is not one that can be shared, so no point in cheating!

Phil Hill
07-23-2004, 09:52 AM
No, not Richard Whitely and the "V" woman..........

JAE Countdown !!

Have trial pitched the tent. Have borrowed a couple of folding chairs. Have picked up the banner, hope you like it !!

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Phil_Hill/19569.JPG

Just need to get the rest of the stuff sorted.

Like the idea of the competition too !!

Phil.

tone
07-24-2004, 05:26 AM
Hi All.

Just realized I am the only one on the WHOLE forum.:confused:

Not even guests around...:(

I think I know where you are, not all but at least some of the European Forum ones.:D

ENJAE, I mean, ENJOY!:D :cool: :)

:) Tone

Arthur-UK
07-25-2004, 01:42 PM
Billing UK - Japanese Car Show pics, zipped.
A few SVX shots and a few general shots.

Arthur

Arthur-UK
07-25-2004, 01:49 PM
Hmmm, well I did upload a file, but its nowhere to be seen !

Jamsvx
07-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Hi guys

I am so sorry that I could not make it back to the camp site. Cassie's back was very painful (amazing that lying on a hard floor can help - feels very uncomfortable to me!)

Anyways, there was no way that I could leave her like that and I was so looking forward to sitting around and spending time meeting you all (considering you were previously 12,500km away) - so please accept both Cassie's and my apologies.

The cars and stand looked great (as did that poster) but I only took a few photos since I was going to take more when I returned that evening but in any event, I will upload them as soon as I can get them burned to a CD

As we are moving to London next week for the next 11 months or so, I hope we can meet up again

Cheers

James and Cassie

svxistentialist
07-25-2004, 05:01 PM
Just got back.

Dropped James and Cassie off at 9 PM. John and I got home safe, untied and unloaded the behemoth.

Have not yet had time to get a good look around the car. Do a bit more on it during the week.

Pity Graham did not get his car going in time. Graham, you have it 95% + upgraded. This last bit will be easy peasy. Sorry we did not get to meet and chat. James is going to the UK next week, London, so you may be able to meet and sort some issues, or chat by phone.

Thanks to everyone in the UK for looking after us so well. Great to see you all, would not have missed it. Hope the weather kept fine today.

Great show. We must do it again.

Joe et al.:D :D

svxistentialist
07-25-2004, 05:04 PM
Just got back.

Dropped James and Cassie off at 9 PM. John and I got home safe, untied and unloaded the behemoth.

Have not yet had time to get a good look around the car. Do a bit more on it during the week.

Pity Graham did not get his car going in time. Graham, you have it 95% + upgraded. This last bit will be easy peasy. Sorry we did not get to meet and chat. James is going to the UK next week, London, so you may be able to meet and sort some issues, or chat by phone.

Thanks to everyone in the UK for looking after us so well. Great to see you all, would not have missed it. Hope the weather kept fine today.

Great show. We must do it again.

Joe et al.:D :D

Arthur, great to meet at last. Try uploading the pics your locker rather than as an attachment, we should be able to see them there.

Arthur-UK
07-26-2004, 02:20 AM
Joe, I have created a folder "Billing July 04" it contains one picture plus a zip with about another six in. The engine close up was from a 260Z.

Regards

Arthur

Andy
07-26-2004, 03:17 AM
Nice group pic. Sorry, zip doesn't work, you may have to post the pics individually

JDW-SVX
07-26-2004, 04:57 AM
Very nice photo, but to whoever owns the silver SVX...................

...one of your wheels is on backwards!!

;)

Looking forward to seeing some more photos!

Jason.

b3lha
07-26-2004, 05:45 AM
Nice to see you all this weekend. You all had the right idea leaving early - we decided to leave at 4:30 and didn't get out of the gate until 5:30.

Joe, John - Sorry we missed you on Saturday evening. We came back but the security guards wouldn't let us in.

James, Cassie - drop us an email if you want to meet up when you get to London. We're about 10 minutes from Heathrow.

Phil, Angie - Thanks for all your hard work in organising.

Arthur - Nice to see you again.

Brett - Nice 5 speed work. I've emailed you about the speed limiter chip.

Barry - Nice to meet you. Very nice SVX, can't understand you wanting to sell it.

Tony - Good luck fixing the coil and temp sensor AND PUTTING THE WHEELS ON RIGHT!

Andy - thanks for donating the prize.

Photos coming soon.

Phil & Belha.

svxistentialist
07-26-2004, 05:49 AM
Thanks Arthur.

Zip stuck for me also.

Jason, if you checked it out, I'm willing to bet Tony has got two wheels on backways.:D :D At least!;)

Great fun guys.

Hope somebody can post up pics of the Sunday lineup.

TonyShaleUK
07-26-2004, 07:04 AM
If anyone mentions the wheels again........:D I'm told it's something to do with the fact that all two-tone silver cars have the same problem - or it's a trait of the owner.....

Great weekend. Endorse the thanks to Phil and Angie for organising and getting the banner made (safely stored with me, along with the poles, before you ask!) and to Andy for donating the prize - a pristine original SVX sales brochure. The competition was won, again, by Phil and Belha. They estimated the combined mileage of the cars on the stand on Saturday (including the trailered Joe-mobile) at 620,000 miles and the actual was 596,000.

The event was good as a whole, weather was excellent Saturday - and I haven't eaten so much meat or drunk so much beer and wine as I did during the day and the BBQ!!

Good to see two new members turn up - especially Brett doing a few hundred mile in his newly converted 5 speeder - that took some b***s for the first try!!

Roll on next year......

Phil Hill
07-27-2004, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the vote of thanks, it's appreciated. It wasn't so much the organisation, just the timescale that was challenging !!

Thanks for everyone turning out to make a good showing on the stand for both days. It would have been a shame to only have a couple of cars each day so having five cars each day was really good. I think we should have two special committment awards, one for Joe for

Good to see some new faces as well, Brett you are a star for coming all that way in a freshly finished conversion.

Hopefully by being at this type of event we have made more people aware of the car, and the excellent "on-line support" Network we have going here.

I'll get my couple of pics posted sometime, including the one of Joe's project on it's trailer !! Joe, all we need then will be the "after" pictures to go with the "before".........

Phil Hill
07-27-2004, 10:19 AM
Subject: Thank you for attending JAE this year!
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:38:54 +0100

Thank you for attending JAE this year.

JAE is a unique event. The whole weekend is run for the benefit of the clubs and it is you who make it the success it is by coming back year after year and really entering into the spirit of what makes us all Japanese car enthusiasts. The camaraderie between the clubs is exceptional and the friendships formed at JAE often last for a long time. For those of you that have been coming for years you will have seen it grow and develop and, we hope, have seen it retain it's friendly atmosphere. For those of you new to JAE I hope you will now make sure it is top of your list of "must do" events.

The planning for 2005 is already under way. For 2004 The Organisation Ltd had a little over four months to put the event together. We know we made a lot of mistakes and we know some of the things we have tried to do were not completely successful. for that you have our apologies. For 2005 we now have a full year to plan and we will look at every element of this year to make sure 2005 is an event better event. For that we need your feedback. In addition to the questionnaires we hope you will ask your members for their input and let us know their thoughts. Tell us what you liked and tell us what we need to work on. We want JAE to be your event run the way you want it and providing the kind of things you would like.

We have already recognised some key areas for next year that have to be addressed. Lack of space is clearly one area. Despite some concerns by people before the event the space allocated was ample. however, the sheer number of cars now makes good camping space hard to find. We have already agreed with Billing Aquadrome to expand the number of fields given over to JAE for 2005. This is good news already! Secondly, we have to work out how better to manage the traffic. Aside from cars being misdirected and queues forming at the entrance, we realise that the use of a single exit is not sufficient. However, this was due to an accident on the A45 & nothing to do with event, so there is little we can do but we have already agreed to look at this with Billing Aquadrome and will be working through how to make this better for next year. So you can tell your members the queues for 2005 will be much shorter and the constant search for your club stand will be solved - well for most of us anyway! Other areas we will address include the traders, for this we need your feedback. We will be focusing on what entertainment we can provide for 2005 - if you didn't see the band you really missed something - they really were excellent! Finally, we will be looking at the whole security arrangements for 2005 and are already looking to make it a closed event so we can reduce the number of outside visitors who are not really there for the show.

JAE 2005 is already confirmed for 22nd - 24th July, so please put it in your diary now.

On a personal note I would like to thank everyone for making my time at JAE really enjoyable. It is hard work running an event like this but the reception I received from every car club wherever I went really made my weekend so much more enjoyable. Running JAE is more than just running an event for me. I am passionate about Japanese cars (especially my own!) and I hope this shows through in everything we at The Organisation do. Just a quick reminder about the questionnaires, it is imperative that I have your feedback, so that JAE 2005 can be better. If you didn't receive one please let me know either via the JAE forum, or this email address.

Thank you for making JAE 2004 a success. I very much look forward to seeing you in 2005, or better still at another event long before then.

Very best regards

Claire Williams
The Organisation
Mobile: 07798 600420
Work: 08700 109705
www.the-organisation.org

Arthur-UK
07-27-2004, 01:51 PM
The individual pictures are now in my locker, I have deleted the Zip file.

Arthur

Andy
07-27-2004, 02:44 PM
Nice pics, do the Z-Cars have an overheating problem or were they waiting for the AA?

svxistentialist
07-27-2004, 04:10 PM
Yes / No

Waiting for the Eh Eh??

Probably.

:D ;)

Nobody
07-28-2004, 01:56 AM
Hi,
nice pictures but missing legend Who is Who:-))) at group photo.
So many dreamcars there just missing Impreza GTs and some good looking STis :-)))
Give us more pictures please...
Peter

b3lha
07-28-2004, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Nobody

So many dreamcars there just missing Impreza GTs and some good looking STis :-)))

Actually Peter, there were so many STis that we got bored looking at them. When you see a nice car on it's own, you think "cool". When you see 50 in a line you think "oh it's just another STi/300ZX/Supra/Skyline/RX7".

I did like the NSX's though (only 5 of them), and our pitch was invaded by a couple with a really nice twin-turbo legacy.

Phil.

Nobody
07-28-2004, 03:09 AM
Yeah, I can imagine that, I saw at Motor TV really nice STi "made" by HKS California. I have never seen any Subaru like that...
By twin turbo Legacy you mean Blitzen or just some mod? I would realy like to see Blitzen...
Peter

b3lha
07-28-2004, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Nobody

By twin turbo Legacy you mean Blitzen or just some mod? I would realy like to see Blitzen...

It wasn't a blitzen. I think it was a 1994 GT RFRB (Run Fast Run Beautiful :rolleyes: ) wagon. Two litre twin turbo (great engine to transplant into an SVX :D)

Nobody
07-28-2004, 06:43 AM
As for me, I prefer for daily driving non-turbo engines, minimum 6V (better 8V). In my opinion SVX´s engine is still no.1 Subaru ever did. H6 is OK, Legacy 3.0R is OK but I still prefer SVX, especially at 7k RPM:-). But this is only my feeling you can disagree with. On the other hand I can imagine STi for weekend driving...(but NOT as a daily driver)
Peter

b3lha
07-29-2004, 05:38 AM
I've uploaded the photo's that Belha took with her digital camera. It'll be months before I get my 35mm ones developed.

Phil.

svxistentialist
07-29-2004, 05:46 AM
Thanks Phil

SVXcase
07-29-2004, 06:11 AM
Hello Phil,

As you may have gathered I didn't get the old girl back together in time for Billing, work went mad and when I did get a chance to do it I cost myself a lot of time by forgetting the backing plate (schoolboy error). The work you did, cruise control, speed limiter etc. was a resounding success, thanks a lot for that. It is a joy to cruise at 95 mph with my feet up on the dash and no noise coming from the back apart from the police sirens. Where have you uploaded those piccies to I would love to see them. Cheers, Matt.

b3lha
07-29-2004, 07:55 AM
Hi Matt,

I had a feeling the car wouldn't be ready in time. Is everything fixed now, or is there still more work to do?

You missed a great weekend. Glad the speed limiter removal worked OK.

Click on the "locker" button in one of my messages to see the photos.

Talk to you soon,

Phil.

b3lha
08-06-2004, 02:36 AM
The impreza club luxembourg has some great photos of the JAE on their site http://www.impreza-club.lu - although they didn't take any of our stand.

The official JAE photographer seems to have missed us too:
http://www.cm-photos.co.uk/gallery_events_jae2004.htm

P & B.