PDA

View Full Version : 1995 SVX For Sale.

fishelfinder
09-25-2001, 11:11 AM
I have a 1995, Bright Red, Tan Leather, SVX for sale with only 15,000 miles, put on by my mother. This car has sat in our garage most of it's life and everything is original, and is in excellent shape. This car is in collector's condition under a car cover. I have a dealer who will take it for $19,000, but make me an offer for equal or more, and it is yours. e-mail me at fishelfinder@yahoo.com. Fond du Lac, WI.

Aredubjay
09-25-2001, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by fishelfinder
I have a 1995, Bright Red, Tan Leather, SVX for sale with only 15,000 miles, put on by my mother. This car has sat in our garage most of it's life and everything is original, and is in excellent shape. This car is in collector's condition under a car cover. I have a dealer who will take it for $19,000, but make me an offer for equal or more, and it is yours. e-mail me at fishelfinder@yahoo.com. Fond du Lac, WI.

Yikes! Take the 19K and run with it! Even in mint collectible condition, I don't think you're going to get 19 Grand from a private buyer, and I'm darned surprised to think a dealer would give that much for a 95. O' course, I could be wrong. :D

svxter
09-26-2001, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Yikes! Take the 19K and run with it! Even in mint collectible condition, I don't think you're going to get 19 Grand from a private buyer, and I'm darned surprised to think a dealer would give that much for a 95. O' course, I could be wrong. :D

The really low miles and mint condition do increase its value, but I agree that it's unlikely a private buyer would pay that much. I would think more in the 15-16K$ range. I'm surprised, too. Anyone have a blue book handy?

Do you recall the low mileage 97 that was on the market last year? As I recall, it had about 9500 miles, and they were asking 21K$. So, maybe 19 isn't too far out of the ballpark after all.

WestCoastSVX
09-26-2001, 09:07 AM
I did a quick search on this at kellybluebook.com and came up with this. I had to make some assumptions on the exact condition, model, etc, but in all cases I picked the most expensive options. Also put it in for my zip code, and generally my area is on the higher end for cost of living. (unfortunately)

Blue Book Private Party Report
Washington • September 26, 2001

1995 Subaru SVX LSi Coupe 2D

Engine: 6-Cyl. 3.3 Liter
Trans: Automatic
Drive: All Wheel Drive
Mileage: 15,000

Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Cassette
Compact Disc
Dual Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Leather
Power Seat
Sliding Sun Roof
Rear Spoiler
Alloy Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition: Excellent
"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks great, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. It should pass a smog inspection. The engine compartment should be clean, with no fluid leaks. The paint is glossy and the body and interior are free of any wear or visible defects. There is no rust. The tires are the proper size and match and are new or nearly new. A clean title history is assumed. This is an exceptional vehicle.

Private Party Value $13,030
Private Party value represents what you might expect to pay for a used car when purchasing from a private party. It may also represent the value you might expect to receive when selling your own used car to another private party.

Incidentally, the dealer trade in value was $10,865

svxter
09-26-2001, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by MacGyver
I did a quick search on this at kellybluebook.com and came up with this. I had to make some assumptions on the exact condition, model, etc, but in all cases I picked the most expensive options. Also put it in for my zip code, and generally my area is on the higher end for cost of living. (unfortunately)

Blue Book Private Party Report
Washington • September 26, 2001

1995 Subaru SVX LSi Coupe 2D

(snip)

Private Party Value $13,030
Private Party value represents what you might expect to pay for a used car when purchasing from a private party. It may also represent the value you might expect to receive when selling your own used car to another private party.

Incidentally, the dealer trade in value was $10,865

Doing the same thing for my ZIP code (Tennessee) yielded a retail price of 13,355, and a private sale value of 11,555. The trade-in value was 9565.

Looks like he should take the cash and run.

fishelfinder
09-27-2001, 10:50 AM
I understand your points, exactly. This does seem like an awful lot for an SVX of any year. I have had three e-mails in one day's time interested in buying the vehicle. To a person who would like to collect the car, this price is not unreasonable. Blue-Book, Schmoo-Book. All you that own this car realize that the aesthetics and driving qualities of the SVX are totally unique and it belongs in a class all of its own, no matter the year. If you love these cars, and you have the money, I hope you would consider it. If not, I hope you enjoy the one you have. We have three of these cars, and looked for another at an auction here in Fond du Lac, and saw a 93 Black LSi (38,000mi) go for $16,200 two nights ago. Am I being unreasonable? That is your call. Thanks! Fish

xtype
09-29-2001, 12:41 AM

Making this vehicle worth a lot less than one sitting in a garage in Washington, or even Texas.
The excessive humidity in the Wisconsin area causes rust to grow whether or not the vehicle is parked or covered. I have seen surface rust grow on a car that was in Chicago for less than two Months.
My '92 Legacy was 6 years old when I sold it, and had lived in Wisconsin its' entire life.
I decided not to take it with me to Idaho so as not to taint the Western car population. ;^)
I dread to think I should ever own anything so rusty as that.

Local cost of living has nothing to do with the way that kbb assesses a vehicle.
Chicago has a high cost of living compared to say Boise. However, swapping zip codes for the same vehicle will show the car to be worth less (in their eyes) in Chicago.
Of course you should run the VIN because the vehicle could have moved from Wisconsin (aka "Satan's Land Of Salt") to someplace out west.

You may of course argue that the car is worth more (to the right person, or to an SVX lover), however no dealer will ever pay more than the assessed value. KBB, NADA. They simply wont, not matter how much you may feel the car to be worth.

Ciao, -Xt

northernkanuck
09-30-2001, 11:51 AM
In all fairness when you go to sell anything it is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. You may FEEL it is worth a certain amount but you never really know what it is worth until you actually put it up for sale and start receiving offers. :)

oneothefewproud
09-30-2001, 12:32 PM
It is great to think that there are SVX's out there that are in great physical condition (garge queens). And I am certinaly NOT disputing the fact that the SVX has very low miles on it. If a dealer has offered that much for it then take it asap and say thank you.

The main problem that I have in even thinking about a 6 yr old car of any type with very little miles on it, would be the seals. Especially on an SVX that we all know is very expensive to maintain. This car hasn't been driven enough to keep the seals moist and running well. The cost of replacing all the seals would ridiculous.

My advice is to take the dealers offer and run like hell.

Good luck to ya.
Wayne

Aredubjay
09-30-2001, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by fishelfinder
I understand your points, exactly. This does seem like an awful lot for an SVX of any year. I have had three e-mails in one day's time interested in buying the vehicle. To a person who would like to collect the car, this price is not unreasonable. Blue-Book, Schmoo-Book. All you that own this car realize that the aesthetics and driving qualities of the SVX are totally unique and it belongs in a class all of its own, no matter the year. If you love these cars, and you have the money, I hope you would consider it. If not, I hope you enjoy the one you have. We have three of these cars, and looked for another at an auction here in Fond du Lac, and saw a 93 Black LSi (38,000mi) go for $16,200 two nights ago. Am I being unreasonable? That is your call. Thanks! Fish

If they paid 16,200 for a BLACK 93, they got severely screwed! There were no black 93's. All 93's were red. Yes, we realize the aesthetics and driving qualities, and, we know the cars inside and out. Yes, it's in a class all its own, and I'm a tried and true SVX Junky, but, I'm not going to overpay for an SVX, well, not any more. Done it once (on my first when I knew nothing) but it won't happen again. Plus, you say you have three of these cars, and a dealer offered you 19K for this particular one? Are you a dealer? Again, if you were offered 19k, take the money and run!!!