PDA

View Full Version : Dual Exhaust Pics

svxboy
03-22-2001, 12:41 AM
I just added my exhaust pics to my yahoo profile page. For anybody that wants to check them out, you can find them in my briefcase. Later, Greg http://profiles.yahoo.com/fastestsvx

1994SubaruSVX
03-22-2001, 08:07 AM
well i guess i am not the only one with true dual exhaust in more...damn. i took a look at the picks and yours looks pretty good but i think mine is more of a straight through design because i do not have a rear differential that gets in the way. mine is front wheel drive only. i used magnaflows and a dual in dual out high flow resonator. good luck with your new exhaust.

RRX
03-22-2001, 12:07 PM
Hey, How much did that cost you?

Rev Hard
03-22-2001, 12:54 PM
Why the zig zag down the car with the piping?

i would assume the easiest flow path would be straight.. Stebros is straight.. KC's is straight....
hell the driveshaft is straight....

PAUL!

1994SubaruSVX
03-22-2001, 03:52 PM
I paid $770 for all the custom work, the dual in dual out converter, two magnaflow mufflers, and the thermal research and design stainless steel tips. One day I will get off my lazy a$$ and take some pics of the car.

svxboy
03-22-2001, 04:18 PM
The reason the exhaust squiggles back and forth is because the extra width of having 2, 2 inch pipes side by side, makes it a tight squeeze under the factory heat sheilds. I wanted to keep the small amount of ground clearance and keep the exhaust as high as possible to avoid bottoming it out and damaging it. All the bends are mandrel and should not poise any restriction. -Greg

Rev Hard
03-22-2001, 04:47 PM
Ok, just looks like it could have gone straight? I dunno, I'm not the one that did it....

On a side note im looking to make a tru-dual exhaust and wanted the specifics.. Thanx!

:)

PAUL!

svxboy
03-22-2001, 05:31 PM
You'll see when you get underneath the car the reason why I had to run the pipes the way I did. If not they would possibly rub on the heat sheilds and cause vibration. With the single exhaust, as in the Stebro or KC, there is a lot more room to work with and straighter pipes are possible. When you do go get your exhaust done, I would strongly recommend the Flowmaster 60 series import muffler, part #952060. This muffler is designed for the smaller high revving import motors and is made to provide a deep mellow tone that isn't to loud or raspy. I would also recommend replacing the front 2 cats with some high flow units or just bypass them all together. They are the single most restrictive pieces of the exhaust system. I am going to look into having one of the race shops here in town custom make some headers to fit the SVX that will be affordable. I will let you know what I come up with. Good luck, Greg

RRX
03-22-2001, 06:03 PM
About how much did that run you SVXBoy. Im going to visit an exhaust place tommorrow with my friend. So you recommend replacing the cats and flowmaster mufflers. What about the resonator? About how deep does it sound? I want my svx to sound like there is something powerful under the hood.

KEVINL
03-22-2001, 06:26 PM
What makes you think you have the fastest SVX. I'm sure turbo, Rear wheel drive or nitrous SVX's are the fastest

svxboy
03-22-2001, 06:27 PM
Well, RRX, if you do a true dual system you are going to pretty much scrap the whole factory exhaust system. The main reason why I haven't replaced my front converters yet is because it is going to be hard to find ones that won't interfere with ground clearance. As far as what I paid for the exhaust, I kind of got a good deal on the parts because I run an autoparts store. About $400 total installed. The Flowmaster 60series mufflers that I used are made to produce a very deep mellow sound while not being too loud. I also used dual 12 in. resonators to further deepen the sound. If you want it to be louder, you can go with 2 of the 40 series mufflers. They will definitely put out the sound. Make sure to go with the Delta Flow series so your interior resonance isn't too annoying. Any other questions let me know. -Greg

svxboy
03-22-2001, 06:41 PM
That is just my yahoo screen name and a reminder that one day, I want to have the fastest streetable SVX. I have a lot of ideas on the drawing board. But only if I had more money in the pocket. Future plans I have for my SVX are..........
1. Five speed conversion from JC sports (about $4500)
2. Powerdyne supercharger and liquid to air intercooler
(about $3500)
3. Tein 16way adj. coilovers ($1400)
4. New front Airdam ($350-$850)
5. JC sports torque chip ($225)
6. JC sports lightened (but not undersized) pulley
($200)
7. ART F&R rotors and pads
8. JC Sports stainless steel brake lines, 4 piston front
calipers, and larger rear anti-sway bar.
9. MSD DIS digital ignition upgrade

I am also a big car stereo freak, so I spend a lot of time and money buying new car audio equipment. -Greg

KEVINL
03-22-2001, 07:09 PM
That is my idea too.

here is the plan on how I will do it

1. high stall torque convertor
2. Turbo Kit
3. Rear wheel drive
4. low compression engine runnig 13 Psi of boost safely

And a few other simple bolt ons

eejohnso
03-31-2001, 05:41 AM
I was going to ask about JC Sports, but I checked the archive first. It looks like this is a poor company to deal with (IMHO based on archive) and their Website seems to be gone. :( Any opinions or comments?