PDA

View Full Version : Tail light Mod. II in progress

Seraph
09-19-2001, 09:20 PM
I am performing tail light mod ver. 2.0 on my SVX tonight. Mike did a tail light mod where when one presses the breaks, the side tail light glows brighter. I am adding additional light to make a blinking tail light when turning indicators are switched on. Needless to say all I have to do it put the lights back in.

While taking the tail lights out, I noticed that the VIN stickers are stuck on the SVX all over the place. Is it just on my SVX or is it done in all SVXes? I guess it's a good thing but damn, they are in weirdest of all places!

Lwin

I will post more when the lights are back in.

Aredubjay
09-19-2001, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Seraphim
I am performing tail light mod ver. 2.0 on my SVX tonight. Mike did a tail light mod where when one presses the breaks, the side tail light glows brighter. I am adding additional light to make a blinking tail light when turning indicators are switched on. Needless to say all I have to do it put the lights back in.

While taking the tail lights out, I noticed that the VIN stickers are stuck on the SVX all over the place. Is it just on my SVX or is it done in all SVXes? I guess it's a good thing but damn, they are in weirdest of all places!

Lwin

I will post more when the lights are back in.

Nope, all SVXes have the multiplicity of vin stickers. Yes, in weird places where chop shops would be likely to miss them. Subaru apparently expected the car to be a target of thieves, once it began to sell like hotcakes, thus, making it more easy to trace "parts" not just cars. The service manual has a list of all the locations of the stickers, just in case a "chopped" car is found.