PDA

View Full Version : L10

ACSVX
09-19-2001, 04:45 PM
just a quick question. exactly what parts are used in the level 10 tranny upgrade. torque converter, coolers? thank you.

svx1
09-19-2001, 11:24 PM
whats up man
i called level 10 asking the same question and he said it comes with all the gaskets clutches and seals and things like that no major stuff really. the price is 729.00 and 50.00 to ship. he said it will make the tranny last longer and it helps it hold more hp. maby someone whos actually bought it will know exactly everything it comes with or call level 10 there number is on the web site. i think im gonna get it cuz i plan on adding stuff to get some more hp, plus i dont want the thing to break again anytime soon. oh and im pretty sure it doesnt come with a cooler, but level 10 does sell coolers. i think im just gonna get the b&m cuz everyone seems to like them and i know it will fit atleast the 3/4" wide one does. from what i know you cant get one more then 3/4" wide. let me know if you find anything out.

strange179
09-21-2001, 02:23 PM
Aren't you the lucky one. I called Level 10 when I needed to rebuild my trans (early summer) and asked them what they had for SVX trans parts. They told me that the only thing that they offered for the SVX was a complete rebuild ($3500+-) and a torque converter modification service (price eludes me). I specifically asked them about a rebuild kit for a DIY customer and was told flat out that all they had for the SVX was a rebuild service and no parts kits or individual parts at all. I ended up spending much more than $700 on the rebuild (more like $1000+) and now I am still at square one with a stock tranny. That kinda ticks me off a bit to say the least.
Justin

Aredubjay
09-21-2001, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by strange179
Aren't you the lucky one. I called Level 10 when I needed to rebuild my trans (early summer) and asked them what they had for SVX trans parts. They told me that the only thing that they offered for the SVX was a complete rebuild ($3500+-) and a torque converter modification service (price eludes me). I specifically asked them about a rebuild kit for a DIY customer and was told flat out that all they had for the SVX was a rebuild service and no parts kits or individual parts at all. I ended up spending much more than $700 on the rebuild (more like $1000+) and now I am still at square one with a stock tranny. That kinda ticks me off a bit to say the least.
Justin

That is very interesting, cuz, at the very first Reading meet (April 2000), Eric (blonde_man) brought a whole bunch of catalogues from Level 10 which had rebuild kits for just about everything. I'm almost certain they had one for the 4EAT that fits in our cars.

svx1
09-21-2001, 09:17 PM
hey guys
yeah im sure they have it for the svx cuz i was about to order it but cant untill i find out what all my tranny needs. but yeah as of about 2 weeks ago they had the rebuild kits for svx's for 729 and 50 to ship. thats all i know.
later

strange179
09-24-2001, 07:41 AM
I guess maybe the phone rep I talked to was either having a bad day or he just didn't like me. They'll have to wait 'til the tranny breaks next time before they get any of my money. I was hoping to get parts from them too. Oh well I guess it wasn't meant to be this time.
Jay