PDA

View Full Version : Lambroghini door conversion

The Hunter
11-28-2003, 09:26 PM
Im interested in finding any info on converting Lambro doors on the SVX. I saw it done on that Sweet ride on the SXV Motorsports Warehouse sight under customers rides (Davids ride). Ive done plenty of reserch so I know where to get the parts. I was Just wondering if anyone here has done it or knows some one who has and rather or not it was a pain to install and rather it is still a pain today as far as opening them being the doors are so heavy. Im a competent welder and Technician so Im not scared off on doing this if its a big job. HELP :D :D

Seraph
11-28-2003, 09:50 PM
I have CD full of info on that. All I need are the parts (about 600 bucks worth) and set to go. I can share that info with you all.

The Hunter
11-28-2003, 10:53 PM
Thanks you wana send it to me on a cd. dose it have a template as to where to drill the mounts and all if so Ill pay for the info. I cant believe you found it all for around $600.00 WOW what a deal. The cheapest I found it was around $1500.00 so please let me know and I'll go out tomarrow and but all the parts. I want this conversion bad It sets the car off so much. The windows are killer but with this conversion it makes the SVX look like the true exotic she is.

Seraph
11-29-2003, 09:06 AM
YGPM

The Hunter
12-01-2003, 05:27 PM
Has anyone else converted there SVX to Lambro doors in here

CigarJohnny
12-02-2003, 10:22 AM
What ever happened to the lambo door kit Double-O-Bondo was putting out? It should have been ready long before now. Come to think of it I haven't seen him on the site in some time now. Anyone heard form him?

wawazat??
12-02-2003, 10:49 AM
Nothing ever was made. He and his girl-friend broke up. She came her and trashed him on the site (said he was lying about being able to make a kit) and apparently the thread was deleted as I can't find it.

Todd

Seraph
12-02-2003, 11:01 AM
yepp what todd said

GreenMarine
12-02-2003, 11:31 AM
That sounds cool, I'd love to see an SVX with Lambo doors!!! Are you guys really gonna do this???

Seraph
12-02-2003, 02:21 PM
I am waiting for a little more $$$. As soon as I have enought, hell yeah.

GreenMarine
12-02-2003, 02:39 PM
Dude that's Sweet!!!

drivemusicnow
12-02-2003, 03:50 PM
Hey Lwin, could you send me that info too? also, if you need any help installing anything after you get the parts i'd love to help. also i have access to a garage for tools and such.

Greg

92SvxChick
12-02-2003, 04:47 PM
Yes, It was me who killed the double0bondo lambo door story. He's alot of talk. For about 5 minutes he thought about doing the doors and that was as far as he went. Never was there any production...and then after he got on here and ragged about me...then yes I wrote about his doors being a farce. Never did he have an SVX. It was my car. And then when I wrote that on the board he deleted the thread to keep people from finding out. Just thought I'd keep you all up to date . ;)

Megan

chris92svxlsl
12-02-2003, 05:12 PM
the car in white in your locker "favorite cars" what body kit is that? Also where is that in the background Thailand?

The Hunter
12-03-2003, 10:40 AM
Im doing it for sure as soon as I get my info from SERAPH "Thanks". The windows make the car stand out enough but imagine the looks with this door conversion. It will make the SVX look like the true exotic she is. I removed all the Subaru emblems and I'm replacing them with Alcyone emblems even the back center with the back up lights. I got one of those JBM Boxer engine covers off Ebay, and I'm presently modifying it. With a mold and a little resin Im making a new center that says "Alcyone Boxer". Its nice to have sculpters that work for me. I dont drive it much right now becuse Im trying to hide it a little till it warms up again. and I finish all (most) of my mods. :D :D :D

The Hunter
12-03-2003, 10:47 AM
Dose anyone know the guy with the door conversion (David) whos car is on the Motorsports web sight under customers cars. I would think he would be looking through this sight from time to time? If you havent seen this car, go look its awsome then you'll all want to do it. it has to be the single most awsome, coolest, badassiest, (is that a word) thing cosmeticly that can be done.

Seraph
12-05-2003, 12:32 AM
You guys mean this one right:

Seraph
12-05-2003, 12:33 AM
which is the same as this one:

The Hunter
12-05-2003, 10:26 AM
YEP thats the one Id think hed be lingering in here from time to time.:D :D :D

Seraph
12-07-2003, 05:39 PM
OK.

Rather than sending a CD out to every one that requested, I posted the stuff as a zipped file on my locker.

Check that instead.

As it turned out, you can get the door parts from around 450-700 bucks.

Landshark
12-07-2003, 06:10 PM
i don't know - the SVX doors are kinda long, and it looks like they stick up pretty far when opened. i'd never be able to get out of the car in my garage - it looks like they stick up 10 feet in the air!

edit: never mind, that one picture is just at a weird angle. :rolleyes: i saw the other one and its not that bad.

The Hunter
12-08-2003, 09:26 AM
I tried to look at your Zip but it wont open I get the "page requested not valid thing" Help

Seraph
12-08-2003, 09:28 AM
Get it from my webserver:

http://www.stars-gazer.com/~svxais/customize/ScissorDoors.zip

97legacygt
08-12-2004, 10:07 AM
I tried downloading the .zip, and it's no longer there. Can someone host this for us? Thanks :)

Motorsport-SVX
08-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Dave sold his car a few weeks ago on ebay
it went for like $3600 rims, electronics and all....

Im pretty sure the door situation was part of the
reason he sold the car:(

97legacygt
08-13-2004, 07:41 AM
Well does anyone have the info on how to make them? I'm very interested in taking this on.

Motorsport-SVX
08-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Dave the guy who had it done to his car paid about
$1500 for the kit and another $1500 to someone in
his town to fabricate and install them.

Theres no blueprint out there saying exactly how to do it
on an Svx, not to mention his way Im sure wasnt the only
possible way since he did his over a yr ago Im sure someone
can do better just because the kits have progressively improved
even for Hondas etc.

He went thru hinges and shocks on them constantly ..
hence one of the reasons he sold the car, it was getting
more of a chore then it was a benefit.

You either have to buy a universal kit for like a Supra, Mustang or somecar with somewhat heavy doors and fab them up yourself
or do as Dave did and pay someone to do it.
Personally, unless you want all the problems that go with it I wouldnt waste my $ but thats just me ;)

michael
08-13-2004, 09:48 PM
Mr.Pwrlite has done the conversion too he is currently having trouble with the weight of the doors but I think it will soon be resolved. He has some pics in his locker.

DeadlyDuck
08-14-2004, 05:38 PM
I think Gulwing doors would be awesome. :D

Motorsport-SVX
08-14-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by michael
Mr.Pwrlite has done the conversion too he is currently having trouble with the weight of the doors but I think it will soon be resolved. He has some pics in his locker.

Id prefer to keep the inner door beams for safety factor,
and the whole door there for strength and safety
period

If he builds some nice carbon fiber door skins
with the safety beams still inside, lmk !! :)

paparicky
08-15-2004, 09:41 PM
ihave some other picture of it

KAMzilla77
08-18-2004, 11:56 PM
I've installed a few sets of lambo doors at my work some vehicle specific and some universal. I've been debating about putting them in my cars for months now and I'm still not sure. But I can tell you this do not and I repeat do not use the Auto-Loc Kit it is worthless. I've used Decah and Vertical Doors absolutley Identical Hinges shocks may be different however. I've even custom install ones for a civic on a mercury cougar which was a real pain. But I must say if you take the time to adjust them properly they work mint. Now the SVX stock hinges are a pretty straight hinge from what I can tell meaning the bolt holes are directly above each other on the door side which is a good thing because all the kits I've seen the hinges are like that and just so happens the coougars were on like a 30 degree angle from one another. I havn't had the time but I need to measure distances from hinge to hinge and I'm hoping it's relativley close to the span on the Navigator cuz that door ways a ton and the kit I installed in the Navi was amazing, I could lift the door with one finger and shut it the same way. It came with 720lbs Pistons. and most of the imports come with 420 or 560's. So hopefully I'll find the right kit to make it easy on erveryone. If anyone near the area wants them we'll do them I've just been to busy to pusue it on my own time. I'll check the prices tommarrow but I know even first time doing a specific car our prices are considerably lower than the ones above. And for anyone attempting it on there own be aware you have to extend all the wires going into your doors about 12 -16 inches it isnt fun.

97legacygt
08-19-2004, 12:35 PM
Awesome! I'm definitely interested in what you find out. It would be even better if we had schematics so we could fabricate them.

godspeed94
08-19-2004, 01:53 PM
I must agree!!! I would like to see a how to or parts needed list. The one on my civic hatch cost $950 and still gives me problems.....

chris92svxlsl
08-19-2004, 05:23 PM
good to know for future reference that your here in mass

NeedForSpeed
08-20-2004, 01:08 AM
But it's time to end the debate. Just do it!

There is no debate that the SVX community wants an affordable and well-engineered lambo door kit. This has been the topic of several threads.

Why not develop and market it yourself?

Originally posted by KAMzilla77
I've installed a few sets of lambo doors at my work some vehicle specific and some universal. I've been debating about putting them in my cars for months now and I'm still not sure. But I can tell you this do not and I repeat do not use the Auto-Loc Kit it is worthless. I've used Decah and Vertical Doors absolutley Identical Hinges shocks may be different however. I've even custom install ones for a civic on a mercury cougar which was a real pain. But I must say if you take the time to adjust them properly they work mint. Now the SVX stock hinges are a pretty straight hinge from what I can tell meaning the bolt holes are directly above each other on the door side which is a good thing because all the kits I've seen the hinges are like that and just so happens the coougars were on like a 30 degree angle from one another. I havn't had the time but I need to measure distances from hinge to hinge and I'm hoping it's relativley close to the span on the Navigator cuz that door ways a ton and the kit I installed in the Navi was amazing, I could lift the door with one finger and shut it the same way. It came with 720lbs Pistons. and most of the imports come with 420 or 560's. So hopefully I'll find the right kit to make it easy on erveryone. If anyone near the area wants them we'll do them I've just been to busy to pusue it on my own time. I'll check the prices tommarrow but I know even first time doing a specific car our prices are considerably lower than the ones above. And for anyone attempting it on there own be aware you have to extend all the wires going into your doors about 12 -16 inches it isnt fun.

Sid E. Ryner
08-23-2004, 09:01 PM
Check out verticaldoors.com
for Lambo doors.
:D :D :D :D

NeedForSpeed
08-23-2004, 09:52 PM
They will make them for any new application, if 12 people put down some green.

KAMzilla77 to the rescue? Anyone? Hello!

Originally posted by Sid E. Ryner
Check out verticaldoors.com
for Lambo doors.
:D :D :D :D

Motorsport-SVX
08-23-2004, 10:05 PM
very well, hes a good dude, usually so busy he
cant get to all his projects.
Ive sold a few of his Honda, Celica and F150 kits.
they are decent for those cars.

Sid E. Ryner
04-07-2005, 06:15 AM
:cool:
Check this website: streetracinggallery.com
Especially the Universal GT Factory Diablo Door...
To me that a "dream conversion" for my svx.
Peace,
sid :D :D :D

ssnsltd
07-28-2005, 08:59 AM
I know this is an old thread but:

SVX Lambo door kit on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7985470184&fromMakeTrack=true)

rmjjensen
07-28-2005, 09:36 AM
I'm currently working on the conversion.

I've removed the fender and door hinges only to find that the clearance required on the kit I bought (GT Factory - same one of that link you sent) will require some serious modification to the car.

The hinge is bulky and I'm hoping the angle for the door to open normally will be small enough that the hinge doesn't interfere with the fender. We have two kits at my job that I was playing with. One the GT factory (which I'd prefer) the other a decah kit for a 2003 Mitsu Eclipse. Now - let me say that the eclipse will bolt directly up to the stock door hinge holes. Except you have to bore out the holes slightly. This is promising as it makes it a lot easier just to line up the assembly holes to the car behind the fender.

But I'm currently working with the GT kit. I'll keep you guys informed but it's been a while since I played with it. I'll just say that it is an extreme PAIN in the ___ with the GT Kit. It looks as though a decah kit for an 03 eclipse is the way to go with only minor modifications and will not require any welding ....we shall see

pics of hinges: http://www.expertwebcreations.com/personal/svx/lambos/

ssnsltd
07-28-2005, 10:50 AM
I love having people who actualy know what they are doing on this site!

94svxred
07-29-2005, 03:02 AM
Sweet :p Let us know how it turns out and of coarse GIVE US SOME PICS ;)

MpSVX
07-29-2005, 06:58 PM
Keep up the good work :D