PDA

View Full Version : Morgan at Bathurst 24 hr

KennEls
11-21-2003, 02:31 AM
Awesome

I must have been asleep or something, I've just noticed that Morgan are running at the Bathurst 24hr (22/11/03) Just awesome!!!

The Holden Monaro is still favoured to win, but at least now I have something to watch going around.:D

:D www.morganworks.com :D

Kenn

Kienan
11-21-2003, 04:35 PM
I am just wondering how they are able to still run these Special edition 427 monaro's. I know last year the car could run as holden was going to put it in production, and release 200 of them, But since then they have scraped the idea of making them, because the cost of developing each one fare exceeds what they were going to sell them for.

And isnt this 24 hour race a production car race? so i am just wondering how they are allowed to race?

Kienan

KennEls
11-24-2003, 03:28 AM
Kienan,

I tried to check the rules for their entry conditions and it more or less says that, eligibility is as per the procar series or by invitation!!.

Would sort of suggest that HRT = CAMS = Holden. Seems a strange way to have eligibility set up.

Also strange that the local broadcaster had the Brocks'tenth win at Bathust set up and played time after time after time.

Just one more thing to ponder about CAMS

Kenn:o :o

oab_au
11-24-2003, 05:15 PM
Sadly the Morgan threw a leg out of bed at the end of pit straight.

They didn't call the long down hill section, "conrod straight" for nothing.:D

Harvey.;)

KennEls
11-25-2003, 03:03 AM
Hee, Heee:D was a bit bent wasn't it

Kenn

Kienan
11-25-2003, 03:17 AM
Lamborgini had 7 tyres blow on them through the race, How much bad luck could one team have

Oh ok. I thought it was only production cars that was allowed to enter.

Kienan

KennEls
11-25-2003, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Kienan
Lamborgini had 7 tyres blow on them through the race, How much bad luck could one team have

Oh ok. I thought it was only production cars that was allowed to enter.

Kienan

Yes I felt for them, 7 tyres and one ripped brake line!!

Yes I admit that I was under the same impression, the way the rules were written you could almost have entered an old Beetle.

Kenn