PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Events Calendar

NorthwestSVX
11-11-2003, 11:39 AM
Over the last couple of days we've been working on a list of events for the coming year. The list is of course subject to change, but it's a good representation of what we are planning.

December 2003 – Tech Day & BBQ (Date subject to change)
This will be an all day meet where we can learn and share different maintenence and repair techniques. And enjoy a potluck or BBQ.

January 2004 – Awards “Banquet”
This will hopefully become an annual dinner held every year at the end of December/beginning of January. We will recap the year and give out awards in various categories.

Spring 2004 – Puget Sound Tour
This will be a "mirror event" to the Fall Colors Tour. Same concept, just opposite time of year and a different locale.

Summer 2004 – Camping Tour
Back by popular demand, we will do a summer driving tour with an overnight stay at a campground.

July 2004 – SVX Tour to PNWSEC West Coast Subaru Show
The PNWSEC WCSS has been held for 4 or 5 years, each time only 1-2 SVXes have entered. Time to represent this wonderful car to the rest of the Subaru community!

August 2004 - Seafood Meet
Another back-by-popular demand event, word is that we will be able to enjoy another seafood feast out at Dabob Bay.

Sep/Oct 2004 – Fall Colors III
The now famous event.

Dec 2004/Jan 2005 – Awards Banquet

Again, everything is subject to change, but some of these events are already in the works. Our new goal is to get events established as soon as possible so members have adequate time to plan for them. In addition to the above, there may or may not be other events, such as more tech days, small local get togethers, a joint event with another car club, etc. If you are interested in hosting your own SVX related event, email events@nwsvx.com to put it on the calendar.

Any feedback on the above, please respond to this thread.

Gargoyle
11-11-2003, 11:41 AM
I'm there,& there & there & there & Ahh you get it :rolleyes:

mbtoloczko
11-11-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by NorthwestSVX
Over the last couple of days we've been working on a list of events for the coming year. ....

Troy, I think you're gunning for the "Most Dedicated" award at the banquet. ;-) Great job with all the planning and PR!

WestCoastSVX
11-11-2003, 12:04 PM
:D It's nothing really, I just happen to have the time right now and the desire to see things get done.

And to give credit where it is due, Jim (seasvx) got me thinking about planning the whole year out and actually put this list together with me. He's been part of much larger and established car clubs in the past, so he has some experience and know how in these things. :)

Uncamitzi
11-11-2003, 03:04 PM
WoW...

You would think that we could get something going from here in the intermountain region to match up with one or two of those wouldn't you?

I'll try

ensteele
11-18-2003, 11:46 PM
Troy

I don't see the Reno meet on the list! :eek:

WestCoastSVX
11-19-2003, 10:46 AM
We talked a lot about it and decided not to expand the official Northwest SVX calendar to include Reno. It is not being held in the Northwest. With our very limited resources we figured it would be best to keep the focus here in the Northwest and have our own summer events.

Of course IF the Reno meet happens, any and all our encouraged to attend, it is just not being put on by NW SVX and there could possibly be a NW SVX event within a few weeks of it. (but lately the opinion seems to be the more events the better, so that shouldn't cause conflict of interest) :)