PDA

View Full Version : New Plates

moshols vx
11-09-2003, 07:06 PM
I've decided to order some new plates now that i'm feeling so patriotic and proud of my svx!

Its so invigorating seeing others i now feel like i have a new lease of life and desire for my car.... well not that extreme :)

Just checked out the rta website and looks like

SVX095 is available and so is

SVX51K do u get it? mayb its not quite obvious (sik)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as i plan to order them tonight- hopefully they'll be ready in time for Kiama.

Cheers, Moshol

Jamsvx
11-09-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by moshols vx
I've decided to order some new plates now that i'm feeling so patriotic and proud of my svx!

Its so invigorating seeing others i now feel like i have a new lease of life and desire for my car.... well not that extreme :)

Just checked out the rta website and looks like

SVX095 is available and so is

SVX51K do u get it? mayb its not quite obvious (sik)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as i plan to order them tonight- hopefully they'll be ready in time for Kiama.

Cheers, Moshol

I'd go for SVX-095 - I was going to get SVX092 but a car up in Dural has those (saw it once a few years ago)

KennEls
11-10-2003, 05:39 AM
Hi,

I agree with James on your plate choices.

However when I spoke to the guy with the Black SVX, at Sunnybank Hills in Brissie, he thought that his plate 93 SVX was a bit of a downer. His thoughts were that it gave the age of his car away, he was quite happy letting people think it was Subaru's newest addition to their range.

As he said the car design certainly still looks current. Just something you may want to consider, personally I'd go with the year

Regards

Kenn

Jamsvx
11-10-2003, 05:54 AM
The reverse is that showing the age shows how advanced the design was (and is!)

moshols vx
11-10-2003, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the advice :)

I agree with both of you (Ken & James) - giving away age of car is a plus and a minus. Have decided to go for SVX 51K because i like the ambiguity. Order shall be placed shortly!

On another note, can i just say how good it feels when you get some revenge on rude drivers. This morning on epping road a bus had broken down in the left hand lane in fron of me and everyone was merging. svx picked her place to merge and was trying to bust into next lane as stony faced guy sat right on the bumper of the car in front. For about 15 metres i was alongside of him trying to get in & then i gave up.

He drove into my uni carpark with me hot on his tail and parked, i went to the other side of the carpark and wrote a note informing him to 'kindly learn some road manners, wanker' and placed it under his windscreen. Oh it felt so good!

Only problem is, i have the only svx in the carpark and it kind of stands out so i'll be driving my sisters car for my final few days of uni :)

Moshol

Hey James, did Blake have any luck with the photos of Sat night?

Jamsvx
11-10-2003, 06:32 PM
Well done (I presume it means SVX Sick?? or I am missing something?:confused:

That is the only downside of the SVX - have to be careful about road rage - inthe Camry I would just drive in, wave and toot my horn for insurance purposes (ie, other driver now aware) and voila - contributory negligence :D

They normally back off then....but now with 'JFD' only plates, I can't do that anymore!

*yay for 30/11/03 - I cannot wait!*

Don't forget to bring a camera/video - I will upload Blake's photos to my locker tonite - was too tired last night :(

moshols vx
11-10-2003, 11:41 PM
What a fine sydney day!

Went to the beach to study and am suprised that i didn't really get anything done. I have decided to join the 'leave the svx in the garage and only take out for special occasions' club.

Headed out in my sisters gemini this afternoon (it started after 4 goes), filled it up w petrol & went to car lovers which was full of skylines- damn, it always happens when u don't have THE car with you! At least i didn't see an svx.

My sister is overseas for the next 3 months so i should get some good garage sv polishing achieved by the time she returns :)

Back to work!
Moshol

Am pumped for 30th....just need a digital camera :rolleyes:

pylon500
11-12-2003, 05:34 AM
Greetings fellow cruisers :cool:
Just thought I'd make it official that I will be trying my hardest to be on the tour to Bowral 30.11.03 (try writing that backwards!)
I just hope I can keep mine going till then, as I've been having a bit of a bad luck of late :(
If my bad luck keeps up, this will be my last drive before becoming a pedestrian for three months :eek: :eek: :eek:
Will be grovelling before a magistrate on 5th Dec.
Have meanwhile been trying to chase down all manner of faults with the engine, ultimately pointing to a worn TPS, you won't beleive how many things go wrong when that thing dies!
Add to that, Subaru Aust wants about $424.70 for a replacement :eek:
Followed by Motorsport Warehouse in the states trying to sell me one for $225US
Down to SubaruParts.com asking $155US, this sure as hell is one expensive little electrical pot!
Having complained about all the above costs, I decided to try a bit of Retail Therapy and buy myself some customized number plates.
If all goes to plan I should end up with; SVX.092 as white letters on a red background (see attachment)
I was looking for 33FLAT6 but it had too many digits, also if you go away from the standard three letter/three number format, the price goes from $70 per year (on top of rego!) to $470 per year :eek:
I think I'm going to run out of EEK faces
As for the TPS, I've given it a clean with some of that pressure pack electrical contact cleaner.
Will have to keep fingers crossed :rolleyes:
Arthur