PDA

View Full Version : New wheels (sorry it's long, I'm GEEKED!)

wawazat??
09-06-2001, 12:43 PM
Here are some details and a link to some photos of the wheels on the machine.

Details
17"x7.5" 48mm offset, 17.5 lb. Speed Star Racing forged aluminum wheels. Fitment is spec'd for a Honda S2000 which uses our bolt pattern (5x114.3mm) and very close offset (48mm vs our 55mm). The wheels (and tires) were purchased from the TireRack and I worked with Larry at x221 who put up with my endless questions.
The center bore on these wheels is larger than our 56mm and I had an aerospace machine shop make me some custom aluminum center bore adapters for $10 each.
Tires are 225/45-17 Kuhmo Ecsta 712. They had good reviews and were inexpensive. A friend has them on his WRX and spoke highly of them as well.
Combined tire & wheel weight is 41 lbs. I have not yet weighed the stock wheels with Pirelli 7000SS tires. BTW the stock wheels are being media blasted to remove what little paint remains on them and then being powdered coated by a customer of mine in a color close to the stock dark grey. These will be winter wheels.

This took some work, a lot of phone calls, too much money (though cheaper than replacing them with new stock wheels and tires from the stealership) and was necessary as all four of my stock wheels were bent to the point that the tech at the dealer said they were shortening my bearing life! Can't have that, now can we.
I hoped to be able to put pics in my locker but for now just follow the magic link and I hope you like'em.http://community.webshots.com/user/detroitvariant55

cryo230
09-06-2001, 01:05 PM
just wanted to say it looks nice.

cdigerlando
09-06-2001, 01:15 PM
Nice wheels. Your car looks great. You obviously take great care of it. Believe it or not, with all of the modifications I have, I still have stock rims. Thanks for posting. I may be interested in doing this style in the future.

nvrmore100
09-06-2001, 02:01 PM
Looks awesome! What did the tire/rim package (per wheel) cost you, if you don't mind?

Ryan

wawazat??
09-06-2001, 02:23 PM
Got'em at TireRack for about $400/corner (wheel & tire).

wawazat??
09-15-2001, 07:54 PM
Thanks Sith!!
I put some more close ups of my recently installed wheels in my locker, in case anyone is interested.