PDA

View Full Version : middle tunnel fixation

SVXCH
09-04-2001, 03:34 PM
Hi everybody!

First sorry for my not perfect english (I come from Switzerland). Can everybody tell me, where and how is the "middle tunnel" (there where is the ashtray for the back passenger) fixed? This tunnel is not anymore good fixed. I hope you check what I meen?

Aredubjay
09-04-2001, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by SVXCH
Hi everybody!

First sorry for my not perfect english (I come from Switzerland). Can everybody tell me, where and how is the "middle tunnel" (there where is the ashtray for the back passenger) fixed? This tunnel is not anymore good fixed. I hope you check what I meen?

Welcome! You're one of the reasons we call this the SVX WORLD Network. Thank you for joining us.

I believe you're talking about the "console." If you remove the ashtray, there are screws that attach it to the floor. Likewise, under the felt pad in the center of the console (on the bottom, after you open the door), there are some screws. Mine are also broken, so, I need to fix mine also

SVXCH
09-04-2001, 04:19 PM
Hi Aredubjay

Wow!! A so fast answer I didn't expect. The console is only behind not good fixed (back passenger). So I will tomorrow take the ashtray away and try to fix it. Thanx a lot :)

Aredubjay
09-04-2001, 06:53 PM
Hi Aredubjay

Wow!! A so fast answer I didn't expect. The console is only behind not good fixed (back passenger). So I will tomorrow take the ashtray away and try to fix it. Thanx a lot :)

My pleasure. I'm considering using some washers and longer screws to try and secure mine. Let me know how you do. Perhaps you'll find a fix I can use.

svx_commuter
09-04-2001, 07:52 PM
Welcome to the club!
While you have the center console out you may want to glue it back together with RTV. This will stop the plastic creeekkkks and groooaaaans. If yours does that.

SVXCH
09-05-2001, 06:04 AM
Hi everybody!

Today I look to fix the console. When I took the ashtray out, there was nowhere screws. Under the felt pad I found 3 screws. I fixed them, now it's better but still not perfect. I have the same idea like you Randy to use longer screws and washers.

Can this screws be removed with no problems? I meen it doesn't fall something out on "the other side"?

Aredubjay
09-05-2001, 09:31 AM
Hi everybody!

Today I look to fix the console. When I took the ashtray out, there was nowhere screws. Under the felt pad I found 3 screws. I fixed them, now it's better but still not perfect. I have the same idea like you Randy to use longer screws and washers.

Can this screws be removed with no problems? I meen it doesn't fall something out on "the other side"?

No, nothing will fall out. There are threaded "receivers" for the screws on the floor. Don't worry about losing your nuts (a little American humor -- sorry). But, no, there's nothing to lose when you remove the screws, except the screws themselves.

SVXCH
09-05-2001, 10:23 AM
It's me again. Ok, I bought today longer screws (5,0 x 30 millimeter) and washers (ca. 25 mm) and changed all three screws. Goes perfect, the console is perfect fixed and don't move anymore :-)

The felt pad is now a little bit more up (ca. 2 millimeter), but this makes absolut nothing. It's have still enough place :D

Aredubjay
09-05-2001, 10:27 AM
It's me again. Ok, I bought today longer screws (5,0 x 30 millimeter) and washers (ca. 25 mm) and changed all three screws. Goes perfect, the console is perfect fixed and don't move anymore :-)

Super! Congratulations! Now, don't go away, just because everything is okay now. Bring a bunch of friends next time. :) If you bring a bunch of Swiss friends, we'll even give you your own forum, so you don't have to sort through all our craziness. :D

SVXCH
09-05-2001, 10:54 AM
Ok, but a bunch of SVX drivers will be difficult. First of all, they sell here in Switzerland only 951 SVX :( For you in USA not much, but for Europe it's very good, more then in Germany (there only about 850). German (also some Swiss people) want German Cars like Mercedes or BMW. But SVX is something special!

For now I have only contact to few SVX driver's from Switzerland via email, it hasn't a club here. But I have also a homepage about SVX (of corse in German), I will put now there a link on this site.

I will visit now this forum often, it's very good :)

rufus
09-05-2001, 11:01 AM
What's a KingDragon airfilter?

Aredubjay
09-05-2001, 12:17 PM
Ok, but a bunch of SVX drivers will be difficult. First of all, they sell here in Switzerland only 951 SVX :( For you in USA not much, but for Europe it's very good, more then in Germany (there only about 850). German (also some Swiss people) want German Cars like Mercedes or BMW. But SVX is something special!

For now I have only contact to few SVX driver's from Switzerland via email, it hasn't a club here. But I have also a homepage about SVX (of corse in German), I will put now there a link on this site.

I will visit now this forum often, it's very good :)

Thank you, Markus (yes, I visited your site. Very Nice!) The more the merrier.

Do you have any information on why the German club site was shut down. We've been very curious. It would be nice to have some German representation here. Now, lemme see . . .

We now have representation from:
Ireland,
England,
Australia,
Japan,
Switzerland,
Canada,
USA

Did I leave anyone out?

rufus
09-05-2001, 12:27 PM
Yeah, Kentucky

:D :D :D

Aredubjay
09-05-2001, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by rufus
Yeah, Kentucky

:D :D :D

Turd! :D

Mr. Pockets
09-05-2001, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Turd! :D

We should probably just say 'the South.'

SVXCH
09-05-2001, 01:33 PM
Ok, here one correction to the screws and washers: I put before handbreak and hear, that the "noise" be diffrent then before. So I took a shorter screw (or you can put one ot two washer more). I think, when the screw go to deep inside (what in other cases is better:D ) it can possibly touch something from the handbreak mechanik (hope everybody check my Switzerland-English).

To rufus: Kingdragon is too an airfilter manufacturer like K&N. This is the only brand in Switzerland, who sells filter for the SVX. But I think K&N Filter from Legacy or Impreza they fit too.

To Randy: I don't now, why the german site is shut down. When I want go the first time on the side, it dosn't work anymore. No idea, why it's close.

Mr. Pockets
09-05-2001, 01:34 PM
SVXCH, I just noticed this thread, but I wanted to add my welcome.

Thanks for joining our forum here, and we look forward to seeing many more posts from Switzerland!

Aredubjay
09-05-2001, 01:59 PM
I think, when the screw go to deep inside (what in other cases is better:D )

LOL! Gut! Sehr gut! Sie werden in gerade Geldstrafe hier passen. :D

Ron Mummert
09-05-2001, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
SVXCH, I just noticed this thread, but I wanted to add my welcome.

Thanks for joining our forum here, and we look forward to seeing many more posts from Switzerland!

Would an SVX from Zurich need a tune-up because it had a Swiss-Miss?
OK, just shoot me! The door's open, Don. Ron.
(No offense, SVXCH, we do some weird stuff here).

Aredubjay
09-05-2001, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Would an SVX from Zurich need a tune-up because it had a Swiss-Miss?
OK, just shoot me! The door's open, Don. Ron.
(No offense, SVXCH, we do some weird stuff here).

BANG!

vkykam
09-05-2001, 10:59 PM
Ron, if that was a fatal shot...

DIBS on the Tranny! :D

VK

Originally posted by Aredubjay

BANG!