PDA

View Full Version : SVX/B4 run

Jamsvx
10-22-2003, 01:30 AM
Well, on Sunday 3 SVX's met up with about 8 Subaru B4's for a run through semi-rural parts of Sydney up to Wiseman's Ferry.

Put simply, the B4 is one very impressive car and, from 0kph, very quick!! *I still prefer the SVX though - however more power would be good!*

My SVX did not have any trouble keeping up (windy roads), however, that transmission/acceleration gremlin is rearing its head again, refusing to downshift and, as more pressure is applied, suddenly 'letting go' and rpm's go through the roof....not good in suburban trafffic or overtaking

:(

One memorable aspect was driving along, in a row of B4's when I see the unmistakeable sight of an SVX (my colour!) coming the other way...the other driver is staring out his window as I stare out mine and he is still looking over his shoulder as he passed!! However, he is not a true SVX'er since I did not immediately witness a handbrake turn, powerslide across the dividing grass, and pursuit to join our merry band!!:p

Anyways, a great drive and if the money was there, I would certainly consider a B4...except for that shocking blue leather they put in...Subaru, blue leather is not sporty!!!

Oh, the Macintosh sound system was very nice!

James

pylon500
10-29-2003, 12:40 AM
However, he is not a true SVX'er since I did not immediately witness a handbrake turn, powerslide across the dividing grass, and pursuit to join our merry band!!

I must have been looking for too many of the rally clues as I missed him, although I notice YOU didn't turn to go after HIM either!
Was a nice days drive and the B4 guys were a good lot :)

Only downside was have my brakes wear out on the way home (that horrible metal on metal sound :eek: ) looks like I had a stuck caliper. :mad:

Fortunately I was smiled upon by a benevolent fellow SVXer, BLake, who donated a set of very low milage rotors to which I added some new pads :D

Anybody in Australia after just normal pads to suit the SVX should go to cba (better known as Clutch & Brake Australia) you can get the front set for just $38.39 including GST

Lessons learnt on the day, stay away from 'Krispy Kreeme' they're just too nice! :p

Arthur.