PDA

View Full Version : 92 SVX with 173,000 miles

JJay
10-10-2003, 04:32 AM
I wanted your EXPERT opinion on this Chris.

I found a SVX with 173,000 miles on it. The tranny was rebuilt at 150,000 miles. It has a brand new timing belt and waterpump installed last week. New tires. When started no smoke came out and it was cold (not warmed up). Interior is a 9 out of 10. Carpet and leather look good. Just received a new power window motor last week too. Guy has recent receipts to prove all repairs. He is the 2nd owner. He is reluctantly selling because his wife says "it has to go" and they just bought a house. He said he dumped a lot of money into it. Receipts seem to justify that. What do you think?

Car is $2,500 (no rust)

Needs:
New brakes in front
New shocks & struts

Do you think it is a good deal? Let me know good or bad what to look for and what is your opinion. Thanks.

manofmayo
10-10-2003, 10:17 AM
Too bad its in Ohio, or I would buy it!

Earthworm
10-10-2003, 03:02 PM
I think it sounds like a good deal. I would give it a good drive beforehand. Also look for evidence of stuff being taken apart (interior especially).

JJay
10-10-2003, 04:05 PM
I will Earthworm. Anything else to look for? Should I get a transmission cooler if I get it? What's the deal with those? Do they work and how much do they cost? Let me know if you know.