PDA

View Full Version : adhesive to reapply badge?

BradT
08-28-2001, 11:01 PM
"Technical?" Barely.

I managed to break off part of a side badge. (Yep.) What type of adhesive should I use to glue the fragment back on? Thanks!

--Brad

taohog
08-29-2001, 08:06 AM
I would recommend that you go to a hdwre store and buy some double back tape.

Aredubjay
08-29-2001, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by taohog
I would recommend that you go to a hdwre store and buy some double back tape.

Exactly. Actually, the carpet tape is a little thinner and comes in wider strips, and can be trimmed to fit.

cocacola08
08-29-2001, 09:15 AM
"Have you tried staples?" ---- Bill Murray, in "Scrooged"

nvrmore100
08-29-2001, 09:40 AM
Whatever you do....don't use crazy glue!!!! Have you ever seen some moron that has put a piece of door trim on with that? Yikes it runs and ruins the paint on the car....

But, I wonder how well double sided take would work....won't it fall off in the rain?

Ryan

Aredubjay
08-29-2001, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by nvrmore100
Whatever you do....don't use crazy glue!!!! Have you ever seen some moron that has put a piece of door trim on with that? Yikes it runs and ruins the paint on the car....

But, I wonder how well double sided take would work....won't it fall off in the rain?

Ryan

The carpet tape shouldn't. It forms a good bond and seals well (I've used it to replace the tape strips on my "Vent-Visors" on previous cars). However, if you want to be "safe" you can usually find the same 3M tape used by manufacturers at your local Pep Boys, Autozone, Advance Auto . . . etc.

svxcess
08-29-2001, 10:12 AM
A brand new badge from www.subaruparts.com runs only $14.36. The part number is J1210PS040. Not much more than the cost of the double-sided tape plus you would have a badge that wasn't broken and repaired.

BradT
08-29-2001, 03:43 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I'll be riveting it back on. ;~)

--Brad

Aredubjay
08-29-2001, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by BradT
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I'll be riveting it back on. ;~)

--Brad

GOOD MAN! LOL! I am surprised that no one suggested Duct Tape . . . . I'm especially surprised that *I* didn't . . . I mean, bein' from Kentucky 'n' all. :D