PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Cookout Update

montypython
08-25-2001, 07:14 AM
OK, another week of travelling behind me and I'm back on line.
It looks like it will be a small turnout but the Cookout is a go.
So far we have:

Definite:
Colin & Irene (montypython)
Doug & Amy (mohrds)

Probable:
LordLobo
Seraphim

Possible:
cocacola08
stevesby
Mike's Mom and Dad with Black Beauty

Definitely Not:
John (lightnin)
Mike (away at school)

If I missed anyone let me know.
I had originally planned to just have the cookout in the afternoon, but if we get a few maybe we could do a short tour in the morning before heading back to my place for eats. What do you think.
More to follow.

Seraph
08-25-2001, 11:09 AM
Colin, count me in please I will be there. Oh, just to let you know ahead, my brother is comming along as well. That makes 3 SVXes right?

Lwin

montypython
08-25-2001, 12:04 PM
It's officially a Mini Meet - 3 SVX's
Saturday, September 8th
Delavan, WI

Definite:
Colin & Irene (montypython)
Doug & Amy (mohrds)
Lwin & Brother (seraphim)

Probable:
LordLobo

Possible:
cocacola08
stevesby
Mike's Mom and Dad with Black Beauty

Definitely Not:
John (lightnin)
Mike (away at school)

cocacola08
08-27-2001, 09:30 AM
The possibility of me showing is slim, but It's a possibilty, I'll have to fenagel my wife into letting me go on a 4hour+ trip, for a luncheon, then turn around and comeback!!

Maybe I can throw in some shopping in chicago and that'll help

:D

cocacola08
08-27-2001, 09:32 AM
Maybe I'll have her stay home (would be even better), and I can take someone else...we'll see. I'll let you know what I find out.

cocacola08
08-27-2001, 09:38 AM
check that I show that as a 6hour one way trip!!!

Seraph
08-27-2001, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by cocacola08
check that I show that as a 6hour one way trip!!!

With my radar detector, I have gone at 90-100s in IN. I know it's jail time. But so far have not been caugt yet. I can do Ft. wayne to chi-town in about 2 hours or so Kev. it would not be that bad. And it would be a blast.

Lwin

cocacola08
08-27-2001, 12:14 PM
Last time I was on the tool road I got pulled over @ 93mph
That was just minutes after the adventure on 290 that I posted on ealier.

cocacola08
08-27-2001, 12:21 PM
I'd also like to get some feedback from other owners on what I done under the hood so far...since the only people I know with a digital camera are out of town for a while.

cocacola08
08-30-2001, 01:38 PM
Damn I forgot!!!

I have tickets to see Carrot Top that weekend!

cocacola08
08-30-2001, 01:39 PM
so i guess you can put me down as a definite nope:mad: :mad:

Aredubjay
08-30-2001, 01:45 PM
Damn I forgot!!!

I have tickets to see Carrot Top that weekend!

I would not have insulted the other SVXers by telling them I was dissin' them for Carrot Top. Call 1-800-CALL-ATT and apologize. :rolleyes:

cocacola08
08-30-2001, 02:05 PM
Sorry guys you can kick me and the car when I see ya, but only where it's already smashed from the hit and run

Aredubjay
08-30-2001, 02:23 PM
Sorry guys you can kick me and the car when I see ya, but only where it's already smashed from the hit and run

I mean, you could have lied and said you were having a bowel resection or ingrown toenail surgery or something -- sheesh! :D

cocacola08
08-30-2001, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Aredubjay

I mean, you could have lied and said you were having a bowel resection or ingrown toenail surgery or something -- sheesh! :D

Those commercials, and his horrid movie don't give him justice. his stand up is great. We saw him when he came here two years ago. It was hilarious. George carlin is coming later next month too, Gonna try to get tickets to that too

montypython
09-02-2001, 01:19 PM
For those of you who are coming to the Delavan Cookout on Saturday, September 8th here's how to find me:

832 Racine Street, Delavan, WI
Tel#262-728-1597

From IL, Either:-

1. I94 North (West really) to Hwy 50 turnoff in Kenosha. Go west on 50 for about 45 miles going through Paddock Lake, Lake Geneva and into Delavan. You'll pass the Dog Track on your left then go under I43 and then at the first stop light turn right onto Wright Street. K-Mart will be on your right and a KFC on your left. Straight on at the first stop light then at the next light turn left on to Racine Street (Hwy 11). I'm on the left in about 1 mile. Turn into shared driveway and follow directions of parking lot attendant.

OR

2. I90 North (or West) past Rockford into Wisconsin. Take I43 North towards Milwaukee. In about 17 miles take Exit 17 for Cty X and Delavan. At the end of the ramp turn left. In about 1 mile go straight on at the stop sign, then in 100 yards turn right at the next stop sign. Go through downtown (over the red brick road) to the first stop light (JCT with 50). Go straight on and your on Racine Street. I'm on the right hand side about 5 houses down after the dog leg. Turn into shared driveway and follow directions of parking lot attendant.

From Milwaukee:

Find your way to I43 South and take Exit 21 for Delavan. At the end of the ramp turn right onto Hwy 50. At the first stop light turn right onto Wright Street. K-Mart will be on your right and a KFC on your left. Straight on at the first stop light then at the next light turn left on to Racine Street (Hwy 11). I'm on the left in about 1 mile. Turn into shared driveway and follow directions of parking lot attendant.

If your coming from another direction let me know and I'll post direction.

See you on Saturday anytime after 1:00pm.

Seraph
09-04-2001, 03:58 PM
I'll see you there.

Lwin

mohrds
09-07-2001, 01:50 PM
Looking forward to it.

Doug

eddycat2000
09-07-2001, 04:17 PM
<<Colin
96 SVX LSi 55K - "Mean Green"
93 Legacy 140K - "Brown Brute"
88 XT6 168K - "Red Rocket">>

Ya know Colin, I owe you an apology and I don't know as we've ever even talked here. The reason I do is that there was a guy here selling his XT6 for parts...claimed it ran well etc. *And he only wanted 400 bucks!* I guess I'd better start paying more attention to taglines...sorry.

Aredubjay
09-07-2001, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by eddycat2000
Ya know Colin, I owe you an apology

"QUICK HONEY, GET THE KIDS IN THE BOMB SHELTER! ALERT THE MEDIA! THE END OF THE WORLD IS COMING! WAIT, I FEEL FAINT! CATCH ME . . . I FEEL WEAK!" :D:D:D:D

montypython
09-08-2001, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by eddycat2000
Ya know Colin, I owe you an apology and I don't know as we've ever even talked here. The reason I do is that there was a guy here selling his XT6 for parts...claimed it ran well etc. *And he only wanted 400 bucks!* I guess I'd better start paying more attention to taglines...sorry.

No apology required :) But actually we did "speak" briefly. You gave me sh#t a few weeks back for visiting CDL without looking you up. ;) Next time !!

Seraph
09-09-2001, 01:47 AM
Colin,

Thanks for having me (or rather us) at your place. The cookout was great! I got to see both you and Doug again and you guys got to see my red car.

I just wanted to say thanks again. I just got back in and if you are in chicago, please drop by.

Lwin

montypython
09-09-2001, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Seraphim
Colin,

Thanks for having me (or rather us) at your place. The cookout was great! I got to see both you and Doug again and you guys got to see my red car.

I just wanted to say thanks again. I just got back in and if you are in chicago, please drop by.

Lwin

Glad you got back OK. Thanks to you and Doug and Amy for making the trip. Hopefully next time we'll attract a few more SVX'ers.

Aredubjay
09-09-2001, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by montypython

Glad you got back OK. Thanks to you and Doug and Amy for making the trip. Hopefully next time we'll attract a few more SVX'ers.

I'm jealous! I wanted to be there so badly. I had actually toyed with the idea of "crashing" the party, but, I needed some "down time" after past weeks and weekends activities as well as looking at future busy weeks and weekends. I was there in spirit, however. Maybe next time. I hope you played the Spam song in my honor. :D

Seraph
09-09-2001, 11:52 AM
We did mention your name Randy -- when I was thinking of repainting my car in YELLOW!

What do you think it will look like?

Lwin

Aredubjay
09-09-2001, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Seraphim
We did mention your name Randy -- when I was thinking of repainting my car in YELLOW!

What do you think it will look like?

Lwin

I'm sure you already know my response, but, so as not to disappoint . . .

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH! :D

Seraph
09-10-2001, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Aredubjay

I'm sure you already know my response, but, so as not to disappoint . . .

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH! :D

what I would do just to see that in real life...

humm

Lwin:D

cocacola08
09-10-2001, 09:11 AM
I was thinking about you guys all day saturday, while I was sitting in my house not being able to get any of the outside work done that I had planned because it rained all day.....:(