PDA

View Full Version : FS-Power Chip, '92 W/exhaust and intake

SVX10
08-24-2001, 06:43 PM
I have a power chip for sale from a '92 SVX. Programmed for intake and exhaust. Will not work if you already have any kind of prom in the 26 pin slot (Even the stock prom).
e-mail if interested.
mateodenewmexico@hotmail.com
Mat-1

KEVINL
08-24-2001, 10:28 PM
Will it work with a turbo? Why do you have to remove the stock prom?

SVX10
08-25-2001, 08:44 AM
I wouldn't buy this chip for a turbocharged SVX. The chip is programmed by power chip to take advantage of any intake/exhaust/fuel mods you have done, so you would need something programmed completely differently. That is my impression, at least. If you have a stock prom, then I know for a fact that this chip won't work for you because that's how I got the chip in the first place. The last guy who owned it couldn't use it because it didn't work with his ECU due to the stock prom. He sold it to me cuz I don't have a stock prom. Anyway, it looks like Imight not need to sell it after all. I was in need of a little cash, but now I might not need it. I will know by next Saturday, though (hopefully). Does anybody know how I can remove this thread. I would like to get rid of it until I know for sure if I will be selling the chip.
Mat-1

SVX10
09-03-2001, 12:02 PM
I've decided for sure to sell the Power Chip, so lemme know if you're interested
Mat-1

SVX10
09-03-2001, 02:23 PM
Here's a picture of the chip
Mat-1

Aredubjay
09-03-2001, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by SVX10
Does anybody know how I can remove this thread. I would like to get rid of it until I know for sure if I will be selling the chip.
Mat-1

Mat, sorry I missed this originally, but, if, in the future, you need a thread omitted, just PM me. I'll be happy to remove a thread for the original poster.

SVX10
09-04-2001, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the reply...I don't need it removed any more, though.

nvrmore100
09-04-2001, 09:34 AM
How much? My old ecu does not have any chips in the slot. I have stock intake/exhaust though. The intake I plan on doing, but the exhaust will be a while. Will this cause any problems?

Ryan

SVX10
09-04-2001, 10:17 AM
The chip is programmed for the mods I listed. Not having the exhaust may be bad, it may not. All I know is that it was PROGRAMMED for the mods. But again, I can't say if it will be a problem not having exhaust. I can say, however, that I have heard that a chip won't do much with a stock car. I don't know what it will do with just intake. Basically, I don't know what to tell you.
Mat-1

immortal_suby
09-04-2001, 04:38 PM
I have both intake and exhaust mods and am interested in the chip.
Did you notice any difference in power / mileage / etc after installing?
Any problems with it?
How much do you want for it?

SVX10
09-04-2001, 06:50 PM
Well, upon installing the chip I went on a road trip from NM to CO. I definately felt a performance boost passing on the highway around 50 to 60 MPH...it was really strong. As far as problems, I got a check engine light once and my gas light was acting up, but those both went away and have not returned. I figure that had something to do with the computer reprogramming itself. I did not notice a change in gas mileage. I drove here to MI from NM for school about 2 months ago with the chip installed and I still got 30 MPG. Car sounded meaner with the chip, too. I was having a bogging problem and I thought it might be due to the chip, so I took it out. Problem remained, and it has been traced to a bad knock sensor (using self diagnostic port and experiences of other owners). So, I was gonna put the chip back in, but then I decided to sell it so that I could either buy Stevebsy's bumper, or put it towards new wheels...I'm gonna start working on appearance. So, If you want any more info, let me know
mateodenewmexico@hotmail.com