PDA

View Full Version : READING 5: Hotel/Date of Preference

svxcess
09-05-2003, 10:32 AM
NOTE: You can have TWO choices in the above poll: Choose a weekend AND a hotel.

Did we like the Lancaster Holiday Inn we were in last year. (Nice rooms, strange parking, good rates, but no separate bar :mad:

or

the ORIGINAL Morgantown Holiday Inn (4 floors, good parking, slightly higher rates)

Maybe we can negotiate a better rate with them this year since they lost our business last year. Its not too early to think about this...

Easter Sunday is April 11, 2004, the SECOND week in April

We either have to go back to the first weekend (April 2-4) or later (April 16-18)

Green1995SVX
09-05-2003, 11:45 AM
John-

I'm confused... are you planning the event this year?

Mike

svxcess
09-05-2003, 11:59 AM
No, I'm not planning the event. For the past 3 Readings I have been the one to negotiate the hotel accommodations for the club.

Originally I only wanted to know what the hotel preference was, since I initiated contracts with both sites. It wasn't until I looked up the dates for the second weekend in April that the easter conflict occured.

The earlier we can come to an agreement the better it will be for negotiation. I figure by the beginning of december we should have a clear decision on where and when reading V will take place.

Bobb
09-05-2003, 12:38 PM
Hi John, Not being a big Easter person,and not knowing when it was, I voted for the second week in April like last year. However the third weekend is really better for my wife and me. As for the location, the Lancaster HI was fine. I also understand the owner has a SVX. So for me that would always sway me in favor of Lancaster HI. Take care, BOBB

Green1995SVX
09-05-2003, 01:04 PM
I thought we had already decided it was going to be at the lancaster holiday inn?

Mike :confused:

svxcess
09-05-2003, 01:46 PM
Although were a few complaints about the weird parking setup, the majority of the dissatisfaction came from the fact that the bar was not separate from the restaurant and therefore closed early (around 10pm).

The bar at the Morgantown HI was larger and had its own lounge with places to sit and relax and was open quite a bit later.

mohrds
09-05-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by svxcess
Although were a few complaints about the weird parking setup, the majority of the dissatisfaction came from the fact that the bar was not separate from the restaurant and therefore closed early (around 10pm).

The bar at the Morgantown HI was larger and had its own lounge with places to sit and relax and was open quite a bit later.

Gee, we aren't alcoholics are we? Ron, pass the Box 'O Wine, please :D

Doug

Ron Mummert
09-05-2003, 08:19 PM
I vote for the biggest bar & latest hours.

Ron.

NomadTW
09-06-2003, 12:11 AM
alcoholics?

why are my ears burning...

LarryIII
09-06-2003, 09:07 AM
HIC....!!!!

Larry III

Green1995SVX
09-07-2003, 09:48 AM
The events we've been working on have sort of been based around us staying at the Lancaster Holiday Inn.

Mike

Subafreak
09-07-2003, 10:36 AM
I don't care what weekend it is. If the whole Easter thing is going to confict with people than I would be fine with the 3rd weekend. As for the bar, why does that matter? Last year everyone just hung out in the parking lot and drank anyway. Except for me I couldn't find any beer.

Bobb
09-07-2003, 02:19 PM
Hey Freak, Why didn't you just drain some of that green beer out of your radiator. Ah, nothing like a small stomach pumping to get you going in the morning." Always chew your beer well before swallowing". Words to live by. Take care, BOBB

Subafreak
09-07-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Bobb
Hey Freak, Why didn't you just drain some of that green beer out of your radiator. Ah, nothing like a small stomach pumping to get you going in the morning." Always chew your beer well before swallowing". Words to live by. Take care, BOBB

No I only drink that in March. Kiss my ass I'm Irish. :)

LarryIII
09-08-2003, 11:10 AM
I voted for the Lancaster Holiday Inn, where we stayed last year at Reading IV (that's Reading 4 for all who are not familiar with Roman numerals).

Bobb
09-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Hey LarryIII, I thought IV was in honor of the IV I got at the local hospital. Take care, BOBB
P/S Say hi to Rosie.

LarryIII
09-09-2003, 04:19 AM
Bobb,

Why is it called INTRA-veinous and not INTER-venious? After all, they hang the bag of fluid outside your veins, and the needle goes into one vein (hopefully) not between them.

I'll give Rosie my best. D :D :D

PS: She's working on pearl, onyx & white gold jewelery to match you know what.

LarryIII
09-09-2003, 04:20 AM
Bobb,

Why is it called INTRA-veinous and not INTER-venious? After all, they hang the bag of fluid outside your veins, and the needle goes into one vein (hopefully) not between them.

I'll give Rosie my best. :D :D :D

PS: She's working on pearl, onyx & white gold jewelery to match you know what.

Bobb
09-09-2003, 10:40 AM
Hi LarryIII, Since Rose always says your a pearl. She must be making Noggin Jewelry to match your head. Take care, BOBB
P/S Has sort of a Pennsylvania Dutch sound to it.

nubs
09-09-2003, 12:29 PM
Like Mike already said, we wanted to keep Reading V in the same location as IV because we are working on some activities and it will be closer.

benebob
09-09-2003, 06:32 PM
I wasn't aware of any complaints about the Bar being open past 10 however, there is no law preventing them from staying open later. We can always work on finding out how much it is going to cost to have it stay open later if people want to go that route.

Ron Mummert
09-09-2003, 07:36 PM
Regarding the date - don't forget that we appreciated daylight savings time last year vs. the earlier dates that also featured blizzards & frostbite.

Ron (seeking warmth through a straw).

GreenMarine
09-10-2003, 08:22 AM
Perfect weather for our subies!!! :D:D:cool:

Bobb
09-18-2003, 06:37 PM
Hi Ron, I saw in a catalog recently a silver plated cover, that fit over boxes of wine. I figure it was for people that don't want to know were their wine is coming from or have a fear of cellulose. Take care, BOBB
P/S I know, I know its way off topic. This way I think Ron will be sure to see it. BOBB

Ron Mummert
09-21-2003, 10:00 PM
Hi Ron, I saw in a catalog recently a silver plated cover, that fit over boxes of wine. I figure it was for people that don't want to know were their wine is coming from or have a fear of cellulose. Take care, BOBB
P/S I know, I know its way off topic. This way I think Ron will be sure to see it. BOBB

That was the duct tape upgrade we at Ripimoff Industries will be offering to the double-wide crowd at Christmas time.
Thanks for thinking about me though.

Ron (Now, if they only made duct tape in gold tones).

Phast SVX
09-21-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Subafreak

No I only drink that in March. Kiss my ass I'm Irish. :)
Amen brother. :) :kisses his Gaelic cross:

Subafreak
09-22-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Phast SVX

Amen brother. :) :kisses his Gaelic cross:

Easy on the kissing and the gaylicking, don't let the kilt fool ya.;)

Stevebsy
10-12-2003, 09:39 AM
Has the final date been chosen yet? I see lots of discussion here, but has the final decision been made?

Gotta make those arrangements early for work, etc... ya know :)

Woohoo! 2 big meets this year! Reading and Reno! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

benebob
10-12-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Stevebsy
Has the final date been chosen yet? I see lots of discussion here, but has the final decision been made?

Gotta make those arrangements early for work, etc... ya know :)

Woohoo! 2 big meets this year! Reading and Reno! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I agree. We kinda need to get this set soon. So you're off to Reno two Stevebsy? Might have to meet up with you since I'll be flying solo out it looks like. 2500 miles will definately suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

LarryIII
10-13-2003, 04:25 AM
Rosie and I are interested in the Reno Meet also.
When and exactly where is it? and who is running it.

Wow a cross country road trip.

Benny D
10-31-2003, 12:46 PM
Don't mind my canadian ignorance, but what state is lancaster or the other holiday located in? If its Lancaster Michigan I am in...how far from Canaduian border as well anyone?

Benny D

Aredubjay
10-31-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Benny D
Don't mind my canadian ignorance, but what state is lancaster or the other holiday located in? If its Lancaster Michigan I am in...how far from Canaduian border as well anyone?

Benny D

Benny, it's in Pennsylvania. Not too much farther. C'mon, you'll love it!!! :D

Benny D
10-31-2003, 01:21 PM
Fine, you've twisted my rubber arm, I'll take the 400mile one way trip...see ya in April

Benny D

Aredubjay
10-31-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Benny D
Fine, you've twisted my rubber arm, I'll take the 400mile one way trip...see ya in April

Benny D

WOO HOO!!!

I only travel a little over 700 miles to get there. :D

Earthworm
11-01-2003, 02:59 PM
I had the furthest drive with about 1600 miles one way.

Bobb
11-01-2003, 03:49 PM
Hi everyone, So should I take it that the meet for 2004, will be held on April 16-18 at Lancaster, Pa.? Thanks,and Take care, BOBB

Aredubjay
11-03-2003, 09:13 AM
Hi everyone, So should I take it that the meet for 2004, will be held on April 16-18 at Lancaster, Pa.? Thanks,and Take care, BOBB

Yes, I'd think that was a pretty good guess.

We probably need to get a move on this, so we can secure the block of rooms for the event. Dontcha think, y'all? :)

LarryIII
11-04-2003, 05:02 AM
Randy,

You 'betcha'.

svxcess
12-01-2003, 02:28 PM
Today is December 1...

There are only 177 days to Reading 5!!

and I feel that we need to start moving on this. I secured the block of rooms last year and don't know if someone wants to get the contract rolling. I am assuming, because of last year's turnout, they would be more than willing to give us the same deal as last year.

LarryIII
12-01-2003, 05:59 PM
John,

Sign us up.

svxfiles
12-02-2003, 07:57 AM
Please sign up svxfiles and green eyed lady. See you guys at the parking lot lounge!

SVXRide
12-02-2003, 07:59 AM
John,
Yep, sign me up! I'm not sure which navigator I'll have with me in '04:D
-Bill