PDA

View Full Version : How's fault would it be?

svx_commuter
09-04-2003, 03:59 PM
I've been wondering, as this is a common practice where I live. I am driving down the road, a two lane road, and there is a car or truck standing at the side of the other lane. Oh it's making a delivery or letting someone off or picking up someone. All perfectly legal. The cars approaching me and the standing vechicle from behind moves into my lane to pass the standing vechicle, at least two feet into my lane. The people in front of me move to the right to allow the approaching cars to pass.

Now lets say I am not being real observant and hit one of these cars that is in my lane. Who's fault would that be?

Now let's say I am following the cars in front of me that are passing a vechicle standing at the side of the road and hit one the cars in other lane because I moved into that lane and the person did not move over to allow me access to pass the standing vechicle. Who's fault is that?

(This did not happen to me. I have just been wondering about it and I do not know anyone that it has happened to.)

immortal_suby
09-04-2003, 04:31 PM
If you cross a double solid yellow centerline into oncoming traffic you do not have the right of way. My neighbor tried to pass a stopped dump truck this same way and got in an accident and was determined to be at fault.

Landshark
09-04-2003, 04:32 PM
i believe you are automatically at fault if you cross the centerline, although it appears to be a new trend. i always have people coming straight at me crossing into my lane as if the lines on the road are just there as 'suggestions'. a good L O N G blast of the horn usually wakes them up from la-la land, or makes them put down the newspaper so they can concentrate on the road a little.

svx_commuter
09-04-2003, 04:49 PM
Alan you PM box is full.

LOL I really like your sig. LOL I think I will use it. But I do not often read labels on cans. I'll be the first to go.......

Waiting for the day knives go off the market so no one gets cut any more. :D

Landshark
09-04-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by svx_commuter
LOL I really like your sig. LOL I think I will use it. But I do not often read labels on cans. I'll be the first to go.......

i don't read instructions either. i like to dive right in, and then go back and disassemble everything and reassemble the right way - like the gas grill i was putting together last weekend. :mad: :p