PDA

View Full Version : Turn Signal Use Protest, this weekend!

Chicane
09-02-2003, 04:55 PM
Hey all! This weekend I'm going to be registering with the state to put up a table with big posters, hand out brochures, signs, and information about USING YOUR TURN SIGNALS.

The problem is, I have the motivation, but not the facts. I've been google searching but so far I haven't found sh*t on turn signal related accidents, deaths, etc. I'm sure some of you ALSO love people who use turn signals, and despise the lazy f*cks who refuse to use them, so help me out here, I need as much turn signal information as possible! If you don't want to do the searching, but know where to look, let me know! The signs I'm producing will be able to sit between the console and your drivers seat, and you just hold it up to the offending ignorant and stupid 'non signalling' driver to tell them that you're SICK of just doing nothing, you're going to start CHANGING our roadways!

Landshark
09-02-2003, 05:22 PM
you need a job. :D

Chicane
09-02-2003, 05:49 PM
I'm at work right now actually!

- Rob

Landshark
09-02-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Chicane
I'm at work right now actually!

- Rob

you need one more job.

RSVX
09-03-2003, 08:35 AM
turn signals are for the weak and the elderly...

elninoalex
09-03-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Chicane
Hey all! This weekend I'm going to be registering with the state to put up a table with big posters, hand out brochures, signs, and information about USING YOUR TURN SIGNALS.

The problem is, I have the motivation, but not the facts. I've been google searching but so far I haven't found sh*t on turn signal related accidents, deaths, etc. I'm sure some of you ALSO love people who use turn signals, and despise the lazy f*cks who refuse to use them, so help me out here, I need as much turn signal information as possible! If you don't want to do the searching, but know where to look, let me know! The signs I'm producing will be able to sit between the console and your drivers seat, and you just hold it up to the offending ignorant and stupid 'non signalling' driver to tell them that you're SICK of just doing nothing, you're going to start CHANGING our roadways!

I wish I could help you out on this, one way or another. But all I can do is give you my support. It is a worthy cause and I hope you have some success. Few things irk me more than people not signalling. It's the same attitude as them sticking their finger in the air at everyone. I'd better stop now, before I go off. Good luck Rob.

Stephen

JLittell
09-03-2003, 09:50 AM
Use your horn and middle finger more frequently...:eek:

Green1995SVX
09-03-2003, 10:37 AM
The horn is your friend. Use your brights to show your disapproval as well.

Mike

elninoalex
09-03-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by JLittell
Use your horn and middle finger more frequently...:eek:

Exactly!

Subafreak
09-03-2003, 05:05 PM
Oh ya, I got stuck behind a couple of them tonight. How about a sign that says, You see that lever on the left side of your steering wheel? It's your turn signal switch, it lets other people know what the F#$% you are doing. SO USE IT YOU "F"ING AHOLE That should be good.

Landshark
09-03-2003, 05:12 PM
when i delivered pizza my first year of college, i had a CB with a PA output and a Radio Shack horn speaker mounted in my grille. i always had to go down this main road where bicyclists were everywhere, held up traffic, and were a general pain in the ass.

i used to turn on the PA and yell "HEY YOU A*****E!!!! GET OFF THE F*****G ROAD BEFORE I RUN YOUR A** OVER!!!!" it worked well, and scared the living crap outta these snobby ****s who thought they owned the road in their ritzy neighborhood.

worked good for people who didn't use turn signals, too. :D

immortal_suby
09-03-2003, 06:27 PM
And it was a great advertisement for the pizza place! :D

Landshark
09-03-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by immortal_suby
And it was a great advertisement for the pizza place! :D

they didn't pay me enough. :) (i didn't have the magnetic pizza shop signs / roof sign, etc. i was stealth. :D )

NikFu S.
09-05-2003, 09:45 PM
i usually tailgate and rev up to ppl that dont signal. then i cut them off while signaling.

Noir
09-07-2003, 03:29 PM
i'm going to protest the protestors. rallying up all the people who love to drive without turning their blinkers on to run through the streets of atlanta without the use of their blinkers!!!! come to hooters and we'll cruise the town while not using blinkers!!!

mimics triumph the dog 'you are here.....for me to poop on' :D

Trevor
09-07-2003, 05:48 PM
Rob what about for your sign : -

BLINK ! YOU BLINKING BASTARD

Make them double sided with one side in reverse to display when you are behind the bastards.

My devalued 2 cent contribution. :confused: :D :)

Noir
09-08-2003, 12:36 AM
so how'd the protest go rob? just curious. i personally don't care if people come into my lane with or without blinkers because i'm always under the assumption that people on the road are poor drivers. nothing will ever change that, but i am interested on how the whole thing went.

Chicane
09-08-2003, 02:03 PM
I didn't get enough data to do it. I need more information on turn signals, accidents, etc. Once I get enough I'm going to do it.

- Rob

Mr. Pockets
09-11-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Landshark
when i delivered pizza my first year of college, i had a CB with a PA output and a Radio Shack horn speaker mounted in my grille. i always had to go down this main road where bicyclists were everywhere, held up traffic, and were a general pain in the ass.

i used to turn on the PA and yell "HEY YOU A*****E!!!! GET OFF THE F*****G ROAD BEFORE I RUN YOUR A** OVER!!!!" it worked well, and scared the living crap outta these snobby ****s who thought they owned the road in their ritzy neighborhood.

worked good for people who didn't use turn signals, too. :D

:mad: Grrr...

SubaruPartsGirl
09-11-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Noir
so how'd the protest go rob? just curious. i personally don't care if people come into my lane with or without blinkers because i'm always under the assumption that people on the road are poor drivers. nothing will ever change that, but i am interested on how the whole thing went.

Defensive driver = good driver.

Noir
09-11-2003, 01:33 PM
subarupartsgirl, meet rob. rob meet subarupartsgirl. :D :D :D

you'll see alot of rob's post around and people trying to take his head off over his comments. i personally just like to drop little pieces of chewing gum paper onto his front yard. :D :D :D

i don't litter anywhere else, i save it for rob :D :D

SubaruPartsGirl
09-11-2003, 01:48 PM
subarupartsgirl, meet rob. rob meet subarupartsgirl. :D :D :D

you'll see alot of rob's post around and people trying to take his head off over his comments. i personally just like to drop little pieces of chewing gum paper onto his front yard. :D :D :D

i don't litter anywhere else, i save it for rob :D :D

I have a couple hundred sets of rotors, pads & tires...interested? I probably have some airbags we could deploy at 3am too.

Noir
09-11-2003, 01:52 PM
hehe subarupartsgirl, you're a bad girl aren't you? :D :D :D :D

SubaruPartsGirl
09-11-2003, 01:53 PM
hehe subarupartsgirl, you're a bad girl aren't you? :D :D :D :D

Haha...I would not say that I am a bad girl...just a little devious when I need to be.

Chicane
09-11-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by SubaruPartsGirl

Haha...I would not say that I am a bad girl...just a little devious when I need to be.

Me too, which is why I constructed a sign that says "PLEASE USE YOUR TURN SIGNALS" in my car.

SubiePartsGirl: It's the law to use signals. Apparently, nobody knows this anymore. I've been almost hit more times than I care to even imagine, and last Jan, some lady DID drive right into my precious SVX.... it could have possibly been avoided if she had used her turn signals. I'm sick to death of lazy people. Too lazy to flip a lever next to the steering wheel? You're too lazy to be on the road then.

- Rob

SubaruPartsGirl
09-11-2003, 02:45 PM
Truthfully, there are alot of people on the road today that could use a driving school refresher...

Bobb
09-11-2003, 07:50 PM
Hey Rob, In support of your "UES YOUR TURN SIGNAL" campaign, I will leave my turn signal on,either right or left, while driving the SVX this weekend. I often do this anyway, causing my wife to make some endearing remark like "hey brain dead, turn off your turn signal." But this time I will be able to tell her its all for Rob. Take care and happy signaling. BOBB

Noir
09-11-2003, 07:58 PM
:p funny bob...real funny.......do left for 5 minutes, right for 5 minutes, and hazards for 2 minutes :D.....

or you could be like some and turn on the blinker exactly opposite. right blinker for left turns and left blinkers for right turns. and every so often do a little swerving and weaving in your lane :D. people will stay clear of your car and you won't have to worry about blinkers :D. i know that's what truck drivers do :D.....

JLittell
09-12-2003, 08:43 AM
Rob! quit your whinning!:D

Landshark
09-12-2003, 08:58 AM
in preparation for this weekends turn signal festivities, i left my turn signal on for about a half mile after making a turn. it was just a slight right - not enough to cancel the turn signal, and i had my radio up so i didn't hear the clicking of the relay. i felt like a real dumbass when i realized how long it was on. :rolleyes:

maybe i need the old man style 'loud relay'. :p

Chicane
09-12-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by JLittell
Rob! quit your whinning!:D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid41/pcaf2b6dccaeef6e81579a43988ebc94b/fcf3bea1.jpg

This was caused by someone who did not use signals. Pretty, isn't it?

- Rob

NikFu S.
09-13-2003, 02:55 PM
that looks like the right rear. i dont get it. they were behind you?

Subafreak
09-13-2003, 07:33 PM
Ya I was kinda thinking the same thing, must there must be a good story to it. Right?

Chicane
09-13-2003, 11:49 PM
Search the SVX babble, you'll find my post along with a little animated flash movie I made of the impala hitting me.

- Rob

svxistentialist
09-15-2003, 06:04 AM
in preparation for this weekends turn signal festivities, i left my turn signal on for about a half mile after making a turn. it was just a slight right - not enough to cancel the turn signal, and i had my radio up so i didn't hear the clicking of the relay. i felt like a real dumbass when i realized how long it was on. :rolleyes:

maybe i need the old man style 'loud relay'. :p

I do this all the time.

The SVX dash light is dim, and the clicking relay is practically inaudible.

Totally and absolutely inaudible at the sound levels I play the CD.

If the steering wheel is a little off centre, then the indicator will not cancel on one side or the other.

I would be in favour of a relay sound that got quite loud if you left it on for say more than 40 blinks. Any technicians out there care to develop one for the aurally challenged??;)

Joe:)

Landshark
09-15-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by svxistentialist
I would be in favour of a relay sound that got quite loud if you left it on for say more than 40 blinks. Any technicians out there care to develop one for the aurally challenged??;)

they have LOUD turn signal relays at any auto parts store.

svxistentialist
09-15-2003, 05:21 PM

they have LOUD turn signal relays at any auto parts store.

Thanks Alan

That's a start. Now all we need is a timer that would switch from the standard relay to the loud bugger after say 20, 30 or 40 consequetive blinks, as required.

Sorted!:D