PDA

View Full Version : putting the svx away

SVXMAN2001
08-23-2001, 03:32 PM
It is time for me to go back to college and sadly Iam going to have to live without the svx for the whole winter. but since the car is giong to be in the garage from september till march I was just wonder what I s hould do with the svx. Meaning what do I do to store it, since it will be in the garage for a while.

thanks chris

Seraph
08-23-2001, 08:15 PM
Do an oil change -- that way you don't have to worry about one when you come back. Take the battary -ive leads out. That way you would not drain the battery. Otherwise, you can drive down to chicago and hand me the keys. I will keep it running during the winter.

Lwin:D

vkykam
08-23-2001, 09:11 PM
Normally, you would top up the gas as well to prevent any rust, but I think the SVX tank is plastic.

If you have 4 jack stands, I would use those as well to prevent flat spots on the tires.

VK

Originally posted by SVXMAN2001
It is time for me to go back to college and sadly Iam going to have to live without the svx for the whole winter. but since the car is giong to be in the garage from september till march I was just wonder what I s hould do with the svx. Meaning what do I do to store it, since it will be in the garage for a while.

thanks chris