08-27-2003, 06:19 PM
Well, the wedding was great! And the honeymoon was spectacular! :D

For pics of the former, click on

www.laphotoimage.com
Click on client proofs
Type "Robert" for first name
"Podell" for the last name
Leave the password blank

I'll get pics of the honeymoon up later, but MAN! We had a lot of fun! We took my SVX on a four THOUSAND mile PLUS roadtrip from Madison, WI, to Key West, FL, without a hitch! The best part was, I recieved the BEST GAS MILEAGE I'VE EVER GOTTEN! I'm not sure if it was the driving, or a can of the 6 cylinder 'restore' I threw in with the last oil change, but I ended up with a best of 27.5MPG!!!! WOW! Actually, there was ONE little thing... at about 1o'clock PM, the temperature outside was 93 degrees, and we were stuck in 'stop and go' construction traffic. The transmission was acting weird. Everytime you hit the gas, there was almost like freeplay, and there would be a big 'KLUNK" and then the car would get moving. When you let off the gas, there would be another "KLUNK". Once we were moving, it shifted fine, and everything was great. And it never did it again. Was it starting to overheat?

Anyway, its good to be home!

- Rob

Bobb
08-27-2003, 06:48 PM
Hi Rob, Let me thank you for letting all your fellow SVX'ers in on your special day, by letting us look at your wedding proofs. I think everyone will agree that you made out like a bandit with your new wife. I hope you have a wonderful life together. Take care, BOBB

Landshark
08-27-2003, 07:15 PM
congratulations! i'll check out the pics later - gotta run- but your fluid may be toast. 93 degrees in stop-n-go traffic might do that. :( i'd try changing the fluid (AND GET A TEMP GAUGE!!! :) ) enjoy the married life - football season is almost here. ;) :D

Chicane
08-27-2003, 07:16 PM
I'll change the fluid tomorrow then. :)

- Rob

ensteele
08-27-2003, 07:43 PM
You can also smell it when you have the dipstick out. If it smells like it should, it should be ok, but if it smells burnt, I'd change it. It may have gotten darker as well. I would not hurt to change it though, especially when it got so hot. Good Luck. :)

Green1995SVX
08-27-2003, 08:23 PM
Beautiful bride and very cute pics. Looks like a great experiance. Congratulations, Rob! :)

Mike

ALsvx
08-27-2003, 08:27 PM
HEY!!!!

I looked thru all 30 pages of wedding pictures and not one picture of your car!!!! What's up with that!!!

Congratulations.....

Bill

ensteele
08-28-2003, 12:57 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: ;)

Andy
08-28-2003, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Chicane
Well, the wedding was great! And the honeymoon was spectacular! :D

For pics of the former, click on

www.laphotoimage.com
Click on client proofs
Type "Robert" for first name
"Podell" for the last name
Leave the password blank

I'll get pics of the honeymoon up later, but MAN! We had a lot of fun! We took my SVX on a four THOUSAND mile PLUS roadtrip from Madison, WI, to Key West, FL, without a hitch! The best part was, I recieved the BEST GAS MILEAGE I'VE EVER GOTTEN! I'm not sure if it was the driving, or a can of the 6 cylinder 'restore' I threw in with the last oil change, but I ended up with a best of 27.5MPG!!!! WOW! Actually, there was ONE little thing... at about 1o'clock PM, the temperature outside was 93 degrees, and we were stuck in 'stop and go' construction traffic. The transmission was acting weird. Everytime you hit the gas, there was almost like freeplay, and there would be a big 'KLUNK" and then the car would get moving. When you let off the gas, there would be another "KLUNK". Once we were moving, it shifted fine, and everything was great. And it never did it again. Was it starting to overheat?

Anyway, its good to be home!

- Rob

Checking your mileage on honeymoon. That must be the anorak statement of the year. Glad to see she hasn't changed you too much yet.

Just keep repeating the most important phrase in marriage

Yes Dear

FearWhat
08-28-2003, 02:48 AM
LMAO!! Andy

Yes Dear is the only words you shold know,

Its the secret of all marriages LOL

Ron Mummert
08-28-2003, 11:09 AM
Rob - Are you sure you want to post honeymoon pics on this here family oriented site? I thought webcams covered that sort of entertainment.

Ron (eyes covered).

Trevor
08-28-2003, 06:20 PM
Great stuff Rob,

No pun intended :confused: and may all run on for you as it has started :)

I am quite sure the improved gas consuption was because you had your mind on something other than depressing the pedal to the maximum. You have experienced the calming influence of married bliss and may it continue. Frustration is a terrible condition !

N. B. The pun was truly not intended but once recorded I just could not bring myself to delete it. Trust there is no offence. :D

Kind regards to your lovely aquisition, Trevor *<)

Seraph
08-28-2003, 06:36 PM
Congratulations Rob. Let the 3 rings of married life begin.
1 Engagement Ring
2 Wedding Ring
3 SuffeRing

:D

L

Chicane
08-28-2003, 06:57 PM
Yeah yeah. Thanks Lwin. :)

- Rob

CigarJohnny
08-28-2003, 09:31 PM
Congrats, Rob! May the rest of your married days be as enjoyable as the first. It looks like a good time was had by all. Sounds like the honeymoon was a blast too. Best wishes! :)

SSSVX
08-28-2003, 10:01 PM
Congratulations, Rob!! :)

PS: do you have tranny cooler installed on ur SVX?

Chicane
08-29-2003, 01:44 PM
Actually, no. I'm not sure if I fully agree with them.... I think just changing the fluid on a regular basis might be a better idea.

- Rob