PDA

View Full Version : German/Austrian/European Folk

SVX10
08-27-2003, 02:14 PM
Hi. I'm gonna be heading over to Europe for 3 months at the end of September. I will spend most of my time in Ulm, Germany, but I will be doing much traveling. So, I've got a couple questions.

1) Will anybody give me a ride on the autobahn in the SVX at very high speeds? I'll pay :D !!!
2) If memory serves me correctly, there is an Austrian on this site that plays professional soccer. I'll do a search in a minute to see if I can't find him. Anyway, I'm a soccer player, and a couple of the guys I'm going with are. Any chance we could meet up for a game? I wanna play some good soccer while I'm over there.
3) Any other European members have any suggestions for me while I'm in the country?

-Mat

Andy
08-27-2003, 02:22 PM
You must mean MartyMcFly. Haven't seen him posting for some time, give him a call to see what's up

MartyMcFly
08-28-2003, 01:17 AM
Hello SVX10!

I am still visiting this site daily, but I was very busy last time so I just overflew the new threads.

Great to hear that you come to europe/germany.
Well I am not an professional soccer player anymore. I used to play in second highest league in Austria for about 2 years, but then I had a couple of injuries and so my "good" time has gone.
Now I am playing in 5th league, so that means, there's no more high income now :(, but it's still much fun to play soccer.

Well, I know Ulm in Germany, but I think it is about 600-700 km away from my hometown, cause I live in the south of Austria next to the slovenian border.

I would love to give you a ride in my SVX on german Highways, but the travel to Ulm would be very long.

So you come up with some soccer players? Is there a soccer-camp
in Ulm? You stay for 3 months, so where are you going? Also to Austria, then we can meet up for shure!

Hmmm...maybe I can locate an german SVXer next to Ulm so that he contacts you.

Greetings from Austria

mfg hrc

SVX10
08-28-2003, 10:50 AM
There is no soccer camp in Ulm. It's just me and some friends that enjoy playing soccer. We're coming over to go to Fachhoschule Ulm for 3 months to study mechanical engineering. We'll be traveling a ton (3 month unlimited eurail pass), and Austria is probably one place we'll go. If you could find a German SVXer to give me a ride, that'd be awesome! Or, maybe you could give me some info on a way to rent a fun car to take on the Autobahn. I've looked on-line, but the best rental car I've been able to find so far is an Audi TT. I want something faster :D Also, even if you're in the 5th league now, I'd still enjoy playing some soccer. I'm guessing my friends would too if we were in Austria anyway.

MartyMcFly
08-29-2003, 03:36 AM
...you come for studying in Ulm!
But it's great that you have the 3 month unlimited eurail pass, so there is no problem to come to austria.
The train-connections in Europe are really good.

Would be great to meet up with you guys, but have you got so much time left to travel around?

Then we can make a high-speed travel at Austrian Autobahn :)
We have a limit on Autobahns, but sometimes I don't care about it (late at night).

In germany I don't know any fun-car-rental company.

About 40 km away from my town there is one, where you can drive Porsche GT2's, Ferraris and Lamborghinis and so on, but it's very expensive!

http://www.creativ-fun-team.com/

mfg hrc