PDA

View Full Version : Long Island

~*~JenSVX~*~
08-11-2003, 01:58 PM
Anyone plan on coming to Long Island that wants to get together? Or even if anyone wants to get together on the island, even though I haven't gotten much response to that request in the past. I'd like to get together. Let me know!!

Jen:)

strange179
08-11-2003, 08:37 PM
I'd love to meet up with SVXers on LI but that's just a bit far for me to drive at this point. I used to drive to The Bronx to visit a friend there and that was a solid four hours. We'd then often head to her friend's place in Hicksville which was about another 45-55 minutes if I remember correctly. Maybe someday I'll have the time to do that sort of stuff again. 'Til then I'll be there in spirit if not in SVX. ;)

Wishin',
Jay

Paisan
08-12-2003, 04:48 AM
Jen,
I'm out in long island almost weekly hanging with my buddy's from NASIOC and I-club and auto-xing @ Nassau Colleseum. Where on the Island are you located? I should be out in Valley Stream Friday Night Aug 22 doing some car work with my buddys who run AZPInstalls.com with me. I'll have my Claret '92 with me too :)

-mike

~*~JenSVX~*~
08-12-2003, 09:13 AM
Paisan,
I am actually located on the nassau/suffolk border on the south shore. I'd be very interested in meeting up on august 22 so let me know. We can have a very mini-meet...lol

~Jen:D

CONSUME
08-12-2003, 10:13 PM
I would be into it. I'm in L.I. I'm a new owner. Never met another owner. I work in Glen Cove and get out @ 10:30pm on Fri. we could get a drink or somethin...maybe this meet won't be small. I haven't seen another SVX out here yet. Floral Park is a nice place to get a drink!!! and of coarse then I won't have to drive home....but then again what is a meet for without driving LOL!!!thinking outloud....:D

CONSUME
08-12-2003, 10:21 PM
Then again...we could do the Nautical mile thing...and that's show off car friendly with lots of parking lots empty at night (I think that is near you). I don't know Long Island well I'm from Mass. I've only lived here 2 years. Lived in Bayville for over a year now Floral Park. Bought my car about a month ago from a gas station in Jamesport. I love it. Took it to Boston to see some friends/family. Best ride I have ever owned.

Paisan
08-13-2003, 02:34 AM
Well if you guys wanna drop by Valley Stream the 22nd I'll post up direx. http://AZPInstalls.com is my company and we'll be working (probably through the night) on installing an UP/DP on a WRX and FMIC and upgraded Turbo on an STi. You guys are more than willing to drop by and check out what's happening. I'll have my SVX out there, I want to get some opinions on my Magnaflow exhaust too.

-mike

~*~JenSVX~*~
08-13-2003, 02:08 PM
I say that friday the 22nd sounds good to me but i will be 100% sure tomorrow night after i get out of work. And as for the getting a drink part as long as it's a soda i'm in. lol it's and underage kinda thing.

Subafreak
08-13-2003, 05:35 PM
Fri the 22nd huh? Anyone got a map?

About how long did it take you guys to get to the Tristate meet?

~*~JenSVX~*~
08-13-2003, 06:33 PM
Hey Suba!
You should come down... it will only take 3.5 hours:D...
If your going to come Larry will bring the Javelin. Maybe he'd even let you drive it ;).

Subafreak
08-13-2003, 08:20 PM
Cool! Can I do burnouts with it?

Did it take you 3.5 hours to get to Tri-state? I'm about .5 hours south of there so it would only take me 3 hours, give or take 2hours for NY traffic. You better send me some directions becouse you always seem to know the way to avoid all the traffic.

About what time would this gathering take place? Maybe we could meet up somewhere and cruise to Paisan's shop. We could compare the true duel magnaflows to the single system.

This could be cool I might even blow off a day at work.

CONSUME
08-13-2003, 09:38 PM
I might blow off work to check out freaks 5speed, And checkin out a Suby Soopup shop doesn't sound bad either. I'm in! tell me ASAP so I can get outa work early. I'm a newbie so.. You can tell me all the stuff i need to fix:D

Paisan
08-14-2003, 11:02 PM
Our shop is more of one of my partner's Garage, but none the less it will be fun to hang and compare a true dual to the single magnaflow I have.

-mike

Subafreak
08-15-2003, 05:06 PM
Ya I'm taking that day off to go hang. So how bout thoes directions Jen? from 95 south? If it's an island do I have to take a boat?:)

AFBeefcake
08-15-2003, 05:21 PM
Sounds like its going to be a good time.

To bad I can't come down

My SVX is going to tri-state on the 21st for some trany work (hopfuly I'll be getting a new trany).

~*~JenSVX~*~
08-15-2003, 07:48 PM
Suba let me know exactly where your coming from and I'll find the best route. Usually the key is leaving VERY early. Thats how we do it. If Paisan gives me some directions we can meet there but if not you could come earlier to beat traffic and we can meet at larry's house maybe do a car washing(my car could really use it:))

Let me know where u are and i'll get u some directions.

Jen

~*~JenSVX~*~
08-15-2003, 07:49 PM
P.S. That was my 100th post :D

Subafreak
08-15-2003, 07:55 PM
I'm coming from R.I., so i'll be rolling down I95 south. Where do I want to go from there.

I planed on doing the car wash session that morning before I left (can't go to an SVX meet with a dirty car) but about what time did you want to meet up, if we were to beat the traffic?

~*~JenSVX~*~
08-15-2003, 08:01 PM
Take 95 to the throgs neck bridge to clearview expy to grand central pkwy east to wantaugh pkwy south to southern state east to exit 31 which is linden street and bear right on the exit at the stop sign make a left then make a right on roosevelt ave then a right onto harding street.

If you have an aol name we can talk online makes it a lil easier if not we can talk here:)

Jen

~*~JenSVX~*~
08-15-2003, 08:02 PM
p.s. whatever time u get here is fine we'll be here all day just let us know ur plans

:)

Subafreak
08-16-2003, 08:19 AM
All right sounds good. I don't have an AOL account, but anyway I got the directions and I got your # so I'm gona try to find a map to print out and I'll let you know when I plan on rolling out of here.

CONSUME
08-16-2003, 02:02 PM
Why not take the throgs neck to the crossisland south to the southern state. It's easy that way. And I never got an invite. Can I COME?:( lol

Subafreak
08-16-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by CONSUME
Why not take the throgs neck to the crossisland south to the southern state. It's easy that way. And I never got an invite. Can I COME?:( lol

Don't try to get me all confused now.

She put your name on the list in the other thread, I think that means you can come along.

CONSUME
08-16-2003, 06:26 PM
Well...maybe you shouldn't listen to me she's from here but.....I'm originally from NewBedford MA about 30 minutes from Providence. I take that trip all the time. They both get you to the Southern State East. That is all that matters.

~*~JenSVX~*~
08-16-2003, 07:50 PM
From my experiences that has been the best route and yes you can come too! I'm going to see if one of the kids i went to school with wants to come too. He has a black svx.

If anyone wants to talk on AIM ill be on the screen name Fenwickhmg14 I'm always on.

Subafreak
08-17-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by CONSUME
Well...maybe you shouldn't listen to me she's from here but.....I'm originally from NewBedford MA about 30 minutes from Providence. I take that trip all the time. They both get you to the Southern State East. That is all that matters.

Thats what I was thinking. I already got my map and directions printed out so I'm good to go.

~*~JenSVX~*~
08-17-2003, 07:09 PM
Now all we need is directions to the garage where paisan is going to be.

~*~JenSVX~*~
08-19-2003, 02:19 PM
We're looking at apartly cloudy day with a high of 85 and a low of 68. Sounds good to me!

No word on directions to paisans garage yet though... (im anxious)

Jen:) :D :cool:

CONSUME
08-19-2003, 03:45 PM
I'm getting out my booka' questions. You still in subafreak?I think I may be gettin a bit subafreeky myself. I saw a svx driven by a 50+ woman today. I chased her down and got on the horn. She ignored me like I was crazy. Am i crazy for lovin this car soooo much? I need to by another with low miles so I can garage it and keep it FOREVER!:p
C ya fri. even if I have to no show work LOL JK

Subafreak
08-20-2003, 05:30 PM
Ya the weather looks good, but it would be fun even if it rained. Have you tried to PM Paisans yet? I hope he's still in I would like to check out his little operation.

I wonder how some SVX owners can just ignore another SVX as if they don't even know what kind of car they are driving. Losers.
Waitin on Fri.

~*~JenSVX~*~
08-20-2003, 07:42 PM
I am going to pm him now to see whats up...
Also waiting on friday...

~Jen:)

~*~JenSVX~*~
08-20-2003, 07:53 PM
Hey suba just wondering what time u plan on heading home afterwards on friday because paisan won't be able to make it until 10pm:( but he still wants to meet up if you'll be around... how bout u consume... what time are you allowed out till... lol j/k

Jen

Subafreak
08-20-2003, 08:16 PM
Did you pm me about this? As long as I'm home by 11: am so my wife can go to work Sat. I'm good. I'll have to go get some Nodoze :)

CONSUME
08-21-2003, 11:31 AM
Well....I'm an old man so...(31)...I can stay out as late as I want. I GOT THE NIGHT OFF!!!! YAH!!!:D
I could care less what time we meet up. We could go for dinner. We could come by my apartment for a drink and car talk early, or just meet up at 10. I'd like to know soon so I can clean my car.:p

~*~JenSVX~*~
08-21-2003, 07:34 PM
I don't think consume got the cell # but it is (516)521-0969 I'll be around all day so i think i'll probably start the cleaning of the car at 12-12:20 ish. I'm not sure what time suba is heading out but anyone who's in is welcome to join the washing part. I'm sure we'll need to do a dinner thing maybe a barbeque maybe something like mcdonalds... who knows we'll have to see what we're in the mood for.

Jen
PS give me a call in the morning so i know when to expect you!

Subafreak
08-21-2003, 08:10 PM
Hay Jen, I'll gona try to get there about 1:30ish? Somewhere around that time anyway, I'll definitly be in the mood for food when I do get there.

CONSUME
08-21-2003, 09:38 PM
We are more than welcome to do the car wash thing at my place. I don't let anyone else touch her paintjob!!!! What ever you guys r in the mood for. Freak that is the perfect traffic time. I have a bbq. Tell me what you wanna do.
I chaced a SVX down today to ask him if he would like to join us but.. couldn't catch him. I try not to beat up on my glass tranny:p
So tell me watcha wanna do. your a mad woman for putting your cell# on the web.:D I won't do it so tell me watcha wanna do?:D

Subafreak
08-22-2003, 05:06 AM
I don't know, I already got the directions to Jens so I'm just gona meet them there. My car will aready be clean ( except for road debri from the trip down) I'll see what Larry & Jen are doing when I get there to find out when we'll meet up with you. As far as any stalkers calling Jens cell, they'll broply me a little surprised when Larry answers.

~*~JenSVX~*~
08-22-2003, 08:34 AM
I'm actually on my way to the supermarket now for some burgers... when i get back i think i'm going to wash my car. suba is going to meet me here we can come over to your place when he gets here or you can meet us here makes no difference to me.

Let me know i'll be back in about 20min...

CONSUME
08-22-2003, 10:33 AM
I'm washin my car now. It's 12:30. I'll recheck posts in like 30 minutes. I could care less. Do you live @ home? I have an apartment. There is a really cool place we can go to night that is next to me. It's a indoor recreation place. Gocarts/Drivingrange videogames....oh ya and beer. It's kinda a club I think it is 18+ I've never been, but my girlfriend has. I don't know we have a bunch of time to blow off on this hot day 1oclock- 10oclock. That is the only idea I have. Ya got any?

~*~JenSVX~*~
08-22-2003, 10:41 AM
Yeah i got some burgers so we can have those and then that rec place sounds fine as long as its 18 b/c me and larry are 19. Maybe a cruise down ocean parkway or DPA ( i don't know if u know but a lot of cars cruise there and there is a car meet im just not sure if the car meets are friday or saturday nights. We're at home so i figure we can do the barbeque here when suba gets here. I say that if u wanna u should head over when ur done b/c i just finished washing my car. So i say 2 o'clockish for bbq maybe 230 you can call the cell when u get this... by the way i don't know ur name so u'll have to introduce yourself... lol.. silly things like names are sometimes forgotten when talking about cars.

Talk to you soon

Jen:cool:

CONSUME
08-22-2003, 10:55 AM
My name is Jason. I'll give the place a call. The car meet thing would be cool to drive to. A drive through the gold coast would be really cool it's a great drive, and most people have never seen it. We could stop in Bayville on the beach or something.
By the way. My girlfriend Renee might be comin' with me tonight if we go out. She has no interest going to the garage. I'm diein' to so...She'll prob/ take her car...2002outback. I won't be able to meet up until say...3ish so I'll call the cell around 2ish. Can't waite to see these CARS!!!!

~*~JenSVX~*~
08-22-2003, 11:02 AM
Ok no prob u can meet us at 3-ish. I don't think we're going to paisans shop b/c he's coming from work in new jersey to meet us. but anyway call me at 2 so i know what to do with the food and stuff.

Jen.