PDA

View Full Version : Mozzies

Andy
08-10-2003, 08:04 AM
We are currently in the middle of the hottest weather on record. This has also brought out mosquitos in numbers never before seen here. (But nothing compaired with many of you.)

Can anyone tell me the best way to avoid being bitten without the use of pesticides. I don't fancy sleeping with chemicals. I have tried Citronella, but that did nothing. The best method found so far is a rolled up newspaper.

immortal_suby
08-10-2003, 08:19 AM
Eat lots of garlic. Takes a week or so before you are emanating garlic funk from your skin but it really works. It helps if you're italian ;) No kidding - I do not get bit ever - even while people next to me are being eaten alive. Some people take garlic pills instead of cooking with it - never tried it myself but it's supposed to be just as effective.

I also defend the yard naturally with tons of birdfeeders and sunflowers. The birds are almost as good as bats for eating flying insects inbetween trips to the feeder.

immortal_suby
08-10-2003, 08:20 AM
IBjokesaboutmestinking

SHISVX
08-10-2003, 08:25 AM
um, hey um..........WHAT'S THAT SMELL????

he he eh

Kelli

mikecg
08-10-2003, 09:45 AM
Ya Garlic while chase away the bugs (and all the dates too). If you drive fast enough they cant catch you.

LarryIII
08-10-2003, 11:01 AM
Garlic also keeps away vampires.
I also tastes wondeful with extra virgin olive oil and fresh basil.

immortal_suby
08-10-2003, 11:07 AM
Mmmm - making me hungry.
Don't forget the box-O-merlot to add to it.

Anyone from buffalo area ever been to Boca-de-bepo? They have a garlic bread appetizer that is basically a pizza sized and shaped piece of bread with fresh garlic slices covering every inch.

Now I'm really hungry

CigarJohnny
08-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by immortal_suby

Anyone from buffalo area ever been to Boca-de-bepo? They have a garlic bread appetizer that is basically a pizza sized and shaped piece of bread with fresh garlic slices covering every inch.

Now I'm really hungry Me too! Mmmmmm...garlic bread......