PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Dinner meet? (Lets not bail this time!!)

Green1995SVX
08-07-2003, 09:11 PM
OK guys. Lets get a date. We'll do the station square thing this time since yinz are too lazy to drive north! ;)

Mike

NomadTW
08-08-2003, 02:34 AM
well i probably won't be able to make it unless luck is really on my side, w/ the new job, and i don't actually have a rotation set yet to know when my day's off will be...

a breakfast meet i could do tho

Landshark
08-09-2003, 04:45 AM
we could go to Eat n' Park n' get some eggs n'at. :) where you working, Nomad?

jimagoo
08-09-2003, 09:26 PM
I'm a new member. But, I can't figure out how to determine where and when meets (especially Pittsburgh) will be held.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

jimagoo
92 LSL 118K white

ensteele
08-09-2003, 09:29 PM
Welcome to the site jimagoo. Just saw the post and wanted to say hi. This place is a wealth of knowledge and some of the members even know some stuff! :D :D :D

svxqueen
08-12-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
OK guys. Lets get a date. We'll do the station square thing this time since yinz are too lazy to drive north! ;)

Mike

Hey I take offense to that. I wasn't the one who was to lazy to drive up north:D (cough, cough, Alan, cough)

I'll be the first to throw out a date..... Aug 23
Anyone.....anyone

Landshark
08-12-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by svxqueen
Hey I take offense to that. I wasn't the one who was to lazy to drive up north:D (cough, cough, Alan, cough)

:mad: i couldn't make it, but i REALLY did try!!! last weekend i drove up north to Grove City just to eat at the Iron Bridge Inn (yum), so there! :D

i can't say for sure i can make it, but i'll try my best. we were supposed to go on strike last weekend, but we're working without a contract while bargaining continues. i was hoping for a nice 1-2 week strike ;), but until i know what's going on, i may have to work some weekends. won't know until the 23rd gets closer - if that's the date we're going with?

Green1995SVX
08-12-2003, 08:07 AM
Hey i'm not too far from the iron bridge. That's a fairly decent resturaunt for the location. We go there sometimes. The springfield grill is also a good one near there.

Mike

Green1995SVX
08-13-2003, 07:25 AM
Let me make sure I dont have something going on on the 23rd. that date sounds like its important.

Mike

svxqueen
08-20-2003, 11:43 AM
hey guys,
Are we going to get together this weekend or should we pick another day?

Landshark
08-20-2003, 02:24 PM
hey guys,
Are we going to get together this weekend or should we pick another day?

BAD weekend for me, parents coming up from Florida, etc. how about weekend after next (5th or 6th)? i'm thinking Joe's Crab Shack, if its still gonna be at Station Square. :)

svxqueen
08-20-2003, 02:38 PM
The 5th or 6th is fine with me and the crab shack sounds good as long as we have a view of the fountains:D

Kerven Subaru
08-20-2003, 02:43 PM
Sounds good to me. Both dates and resturaunt.

Mike

Landshark
08-20-2003, 04:08 PM
i work NEXT weekend, so i know i'll be off 5th or 6th. this may actually come together. i guess we can choose either the 5th or 6th as the weekend gets closer.

Yay! we're all gonna get crabs! :D

green_eyed_lady
08-23-2003, 09:33 AM
Although I usually drive down to svxfiles' for the weekend, maybe I can talk him into driving up here for a real mini-meet. Of course, we have one every time I pull into his driveway.......:D

We just have to decide which 2 to bring......:confused:

BTW, Saturday would be better for us if we do come -- Captain (svxfiles) has to work Saturday mornings & it's about a 2 1/2 hour drive to Pittsburgh from where he lives (ok, 2 hours for me ;) .)

Diana

Green1995SVX
08-25-2003, 09:41 AM
Ok then... the 6th it is. :)

Mike

NomadTW
08-26-2003, 12:46 PM
alright sept 6th i'm off work what time will we be meeting up?

LS: i'm working at wal mart, unloading freight trucks....

Landshark
08-26-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by NomadTW
alright sept 6th i'm off work what time will we be meeting up?

LS: i'm working at wal mart, unloading freight trucks....

tell Walmart i'm pissed. :mad: ;)
(i bought a cool little AIPTEK 1.3MPixel webcam/video/digital camera that is supposedly 'Designed for XP', but no driver works with it, including the software provided.) :mad: :mad: :mad: i feel better now.

the 6th it is!

Green1995SVX
08-26-2003, 07:35 PM
I just ran into don (srusvx) at giant eagle. He said he'll come since he as to work at 10 dahn in station square anyway at the hotel. I figure we should meet around 7ish? What do yinz think?

Mike n'at

Landshark
08-26-2003, 08:15 PM
I just ran into don (srusvx) at giant eagle. He said he'll come since he as to work at 10 dahn in station square anyway at the hotel. I figure we should meet around 7ish? What do yinz think?

Mike n'at

OK, this jagoff'll be there. Double-yoi. Hmm-ha! :)

NomadTW
08-27-2003, 01:16 AM
yehishoundshlahkehplaan

sorry my accent is a bit thicker than the rest
if u can decode that more power to you

Green1995SVX
08-27-2003, 06:35 AM
yehishoundshlahkehplaan

sorry my accent is a bit thicker than the rest
if u can decode that more power to you

Sounds like a plan! Booya. I like the cool stuff.

Mike

svxqueen
08-27-2003, 07:25 AM
I'll see yinz dahn der an n'at

Are we meeting in the same place in the parking lot?

Green1995SVX
08-27-2003, 10:16 AM

Yeah, same place. Dahn'er by hooters n'at.

Mike

green_eyed_lady
08-27-2003, 07:56 PM
Gee, I was really looking forward to this, but, as it turns out, we (svxfiles and I) have a prior commitment for that night. :( We'll shoot for the next one.

Diana

Landshark
08-27-2003, 08:59 PM
Hey Mike,

can you bring me 4 oil filters, and i'll bring American money. i REALLY need an ignition switch, but i'll have to pay local dealer price 'cuz i need this crap fixed NOW! i'll buy you a beer for the hassle of the last failed meet. ;)

Green1995SVX
08-27-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Landshark
Hey Mike,

can you bring me 4 oil filters, and i'll bring American money. i REALLY need an ignition switch, but i'll have to pay local dealer price 'cuz i need this crap fixed NOW! i'll buy you a beer for the hassle of the last failed meet. ;)

I still have your oil filters and 2 knock sensors in my garage. I plan on bringing them. :)

Mike

Landshark
08-27-2003, 10:29 PM

I still have your oil filters and 2 knock sensors in my garage. I plan on bringing them. :)

Mike

geez, i didn't know YOU had them! i woulda sent you a check or something. i forgot about the knock sensors. what's the damage $$??

wawazat??
08-28-2003, 07:40 PM

I can still hear the accent plain as day in my head and I haven't lived in da 'burgh since '94!!!

Have a good time all!

Todd

Landshark
08-29-2003, 03:57 PM
i know i suggested the Crab Shack, but now i'm thinking Philthy McNasty's might be better - more room to move, and probably a shorter wait for a table. thoughts, theories, opinions?

NomadTW
08-31-2003, 03:50 AM
i've never been to either but philthy's is bacially just a bar that serves food isn't it? not really a resteraunt, or am i mistaken?

Landshark
08-31-2003, 04:48 AM
i've never been to either but philthy's is bacially just a bar that serves food isn't it? not really a resteraunt, or am i mistaken?

its more of a restaurant, with a bar - its huge inside. the Crab Shack is much smaller, and harder to maneuver around in. what's the total headcount anyway?

svxqueen
09-02-2003, 07:37 AM
I never been to Philthy's either. I think I would prefer it to watching all of the wait staff at the crab shack dancing to The Train every 15 min. :rolleyes:

Landshark
09-02-2003, 07:45 AM
I never been to Philthy's either. I think I would prefer it to watching all of the wait staff at the crab shack dancing to The Train every 15 min. :rolleyes:

what the hell is wrong with that?!?!? :D

svxqueen
09-02-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Landshark

what the hell is wrong with that?!?!? :D

On second thought Alan, I think we should go to the crab shack. You know they encourage people to join them dancing around the restaurant. I would love to see you and all the other guys get up and dance along with them. I'll even bring my camera so I can share this with everyone else on the network!! :D :D

Landshark
09-02-2003, 11:06 AM

On second thought Alan, I think we should go to the crab shack. You know they encourage people to join them dancing around the restaurant. I would love to see you and all the other guys get up and dance along with them. I'll even bring my camera so I can share this with everyone else on the network!! :D :D

oh yeah!

NomadTW
09-03-2003, 03:58 AM
in all honesty it doesn't matter a bit to me
altho i will hopefully be driving mike's RX down cause my svx is still out of commission

Green1995SVX
09-03-2003, 06:26 AM
in all honesty it doesn't matter a bit to me
altho i will hopefully be driving mike's RX down cause my svx is still out of commission

I didnt get it fixed yet. Today maybe. :)

Mike

svxqueen
09-05-2003, 08:57 AM
Hey Mike
Do you still have the TPS that we talked about a couple months ago?

Landshark
09-05-2003, 05:09 PM
Hey Mike
Do you still have the TPS that we talked about a couple months ago?

i have an extra one.

Kerven Subaru
09-06-2003, 06:39 AM
Alan- Would you mind bringing that TPS for amanda? I promised her she could use the one off my spare SVX to test her car out, but I sold the car. :(

Also, that light cluster you ordered is not available from subaru. I could try to get one from japan but expect to wait about a month for that. Let me know what you want me to do.

Regards,

Mike

PS- See yinz at like 7:00 tonight! ;)

Landshark
09-06-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Kerven Subaru
Alan- Would you mind bringing that TPS for amanda? I promised her she could use the one off my spare SVX to test her car out, but I sold the car. :(

Also, that light cluster you ordered is not available from subaru. I could try to get one from japan but expect to wait about a month for that. Let me know what you want me to do.

Regards,

Mike

PS- See yinz at like 7:00 tonight! ;)

actually that's good - everything has been working fine since i left your lot. :rolleyes: i'll bring the TPS.

i'll see everyone in the parking lot. :)

NomadTW
09-07-2003, 12:56 AM
well how'd it go guys how'd it go?